Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: dock does not change on winterboard

Default dock does not change on winterboard
    hi

this may be a stupid question but how do you change the dock on ios 5 thru winterboard?

my theme changes the icons, wallpapers etc. but not the dock the Dock png is where my Wallpaper png is also

also location of the icons shadow on springboard/dock? (my icons has a circular shape)

how do you get a retina grade theme icon? my icon when i change it's size to 114x114(72ppi) its just too big and when its 90x90(72(ppi) well its pixels are apparent

edit:
    located the stock dock png it's SBDockBG@2x~iphone located /system/library/coreservices/springboard.app

but still does not change on winterboard (themename/bundles/com.apple.springboard)
    Last edited by k1dr0ck; 01-23-2012 at 06:32 AM.

For a dock to show up on iOS5 (retina display as well) you need 2 dock icons. One named "SBDockBG.png" that is 320X45 pixels, and a second named "[email protected]" that is 640X90 pixels. Both must be placed in the com.apple.springboard folder of the theme (Under Bundles). It is also possible you need to stack the theme in Winterboard by touching and holding the little up/down arrow on the theme (in Winterboard) and dragging it to the top. This sets it as top priority, as if it is lower, similar themes could overlap it.

Hope this helps

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Assassin For This Useful Post:

k1dr0ck (01-25-2012)

Thanks it works!
    Last edited by k1dr0ck; 01-24-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Glad I could help. ^_^

Noticed that No Docked Icon Labels was preventing my custom dock from showing up, no matter the order, if that helps anyone.

Default Just a question if you don't mind
    Quote Originally Posted by The Assassin View Post
    For a dock to show up on iOS5 (retina display as well) you need 2 dock icons. One named "SBDockBG.png" that is 320X45 pixels, and a second named "[email protected]" that is 640X90 pixels. Both must be placed in the com.apple.springboard folder of the theme (Under Bundles). It is also possible you need to stack the theme in Winterboard by touching and holding the little up/down arrow on the theme (in Winterboard) and dragging it to the top. This sets it as top priority, as if it is lower, similar themes could overlap it.

Hope this helps
    I did this and had no luck, I was using photoshop and was set at RGB 16 bit, and the Backround set as transparent. I did everything else that you said above as far as pixels, names, and folders. I have tried a few different techniques to try to get a dock to load, but no luck yet. Any suggestions, or can you point me in the right direction? Thanks so much for the help!!