+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: theme icons

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default theme icons
    Hello.

I installed Cydia themes using winterboard on my iPod but the themes don't show every icon properly.
    I've noticed that the icons the theme doesn't show are the ones in my home language, (my iPod is not in english) so maybe that is the problem.
    Someone could help me with this? I'll attach a screenshot of my ipod.

As you could see, "música", "cámara", "mapas", "fotos", "mensajes", the ones in my home language, still have the apple theme icons.

Thanks.

Thanks

I'm also having this issue, but its only happening on the music and mail app :/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazygrrl View Post
    Hello.

I installed Cydia themes using winterboard on my iPod but the themes don't show every icon properly.
    I've noticed that the icons the theme doesn't show are the ones in my home language, (my iPod is not in english) so maybe that is the problem.
    Someone could help me with this? I'll attach a screenshot of my ipod.

As you could see, "música", "cámara", "mapas", "fotos", "mensajes", the ones in my home language, still have the apple theme icons.

Thanks.
    This is because, like most themes, it's actually a summerboard theme, not winterboard. Winterboard themes change icons based on the package identifier (basically a unique code for each app). For example, in winterboard, the icon for "calculator" will look for com.apple.calculator. But in summerboard (the app that came before winterboard that winterboard can read), it just looks for the title (Calculator). If yours says "Calculadora", it just ignores it, because the icon is for "Calculator", not "Calculadora". This is why winterboard themes are prefered, even though they take an extra 90 seconds for the people making it to check package identifiers. If you send me the theme/theme name, I could convert it to WinterBoard and send it back/post it online.