+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Resize Calendar icon IOS 5

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
As the title says, I'm trying to resize the calendar icon on my iPhone. It is a 3GS that I am making a custom theme for. To better see the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Resize Calendar icon IOS 5
    As the title says, I'm trying to resize the calendar icon on my iPhone. It is a 3GS that I am making a custom theme for. To better see the backgrounds I have created, I decided to shrink all of the icons to half size. This is working well so far, except for the calendar icon. First, I tried making a Calendar.png and placing it in the Theme\Icons folder. It didn't work like the others. So I did some research. Next, I tried the Theme\Bundles\com.apple.MobileCal and even \Theme\Bundles\com.apple.mobilecal to see if there was a difference. There wasn't. I have managed to use my info.plist to change the font to the correct size and padding for a smaller icon, but the icon won't change size. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First; I've got an iPhone 4 and iPad1 both iOS 5.0 jailbroken.

I've got the exact same problem; the calendar icon actually does change but the icon size remains the same as stock (72px for the iPad). I've tried the same things mentioned above. I've also tried to directly change the icon in var/stash/Application/Calendar.app but it doesn't work. It seems there is a restriction that prevents the icon form to be resized.

I'm making a custom iPad theme with big retina icons and the small calendar makes it look pretty ugly, as you can see from the screenshot. Anyone got an idea?

Last edited by paidinfully; 12-27-2011 at 09:17 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got the same problem still looking for solution!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I seem to be having the same issue with the Newsstand icon as well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Guys !! Any luck with the calendar icon ? I'm facing the same issue and i simply cannot find a solution !!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Calendar Resize
    I too am experiencing this issue.
    The Calendar is getting its size from somewhere, however i am not sure where or what bundle is setting the size. It is not in an obvious place. THe size of the icon would match other icons of the generic apple layout (with a black border) the image is shrunk to fit inside this pre defined layout style therefore making it appear smaller.

I continue the search to find the answer as it is really bugging me, as a theme i am attemptig to create uses oversized Icons.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Discovery
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSorceror View Post
    I too am experiencing this issue.
    The Calendar is getting its size from somewhere, however i am not sure where or what bundle is setting the size. It is not in an obvious place. THe size of the icon would match other icons of the generic apple layout (with a black border) the image is shrunk to fit inside this pre defined layout style therefore making it appear smaller.

I continue the search to find the answer as it is really bugging me, as a theme i am attemptig to create uses oversized Icons.
    Well I found out a small discovery.
    The Calendar Icon is indeed being applied to a template in the SBIconClass
    There is a line in the info.plist file in //Applications/MobileCal.app
    <key>SBIconClass</key> <string>SBCalendarApplicationIcon</string>

Removing this line will allow you to use a larger or smaller Icon and it will not be applied to a template..
    one catch tho... And its a doozy... you will also loose the live date feed. ie the Icon will not show the Day and Date. Other than that it still opens the calendar OK.

There must be a way to overide the Icon size settings in SBIconClass. I will endeavour to investigate further.
    Last edited by TheSorceror; 02-14-2012 at 05:01 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TheSorceror For This Useful Post:

paidinfully (02-15-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nice find! Too bad the date won't be displayed when removing the string. Seems this file is responsible for drawing the standard size icon?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paidinfully View Post
    Nice find! Too bad the date won't be displayed when removing the string. Seems this file is responsible for drawing the standard size icon?
    Hmm there is not that much in that class. No reference to size at any rate, or no reference to siz in its parent class SBApplicationIcon.h however if we go to that parent class SBIcon.h we see a whole host of methods.

Since SBCalendarApplication Icon inherits methods from SBApplicationIcon which inherits methods from SBIcon we may be able to tweak our info.plist..

Investigation and play continues.
    Last edited by TheSorceror; 02-15-2012 at 09:41 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone have a solution so far?
    Thanx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi guys,

any news on the above issues?