View Poll Results: Is this worth a dollar?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

1 20.00%
  • No.

4 80.00%
+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Opinions for Rejected Theme to Make Better.

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I have created a theme called Art of Space, Last month I submitted it to MMI for a $1 price, apparently its not professional enough. So the past month I've
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Caboose1408's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Need Opinions for Rejected Theme to Make Better.
    I have created a theme called Art of Space, Last month I submitted it to MMI for a $1 price, apparently its not professional enough. So the past month I've been contemplating ideas and I really just need some opinions.

They said the wallpaper isn't high quality enough, the folder icons need to change, app icons are ok but could be better.

Original Wallpaper:

New Wallpaper:

Original Icon Set:

Icon Set 2:

Icon Set 3:

Folders are still a WIP.
    Last edited by Caboose1408; 12-09-2011 at 06:21 PM. Reason: wrong image.

Green Apple
    Thanks

honestly, i wouldn't even download this if it was free on cydia. no offense, but the theme reallyisnt worthy to be paid. Your icons are just randomly ugly warped pictures of the original. The 'Art' in your theme name doesnt really apply, because this really isnt art. Throw out the original icon and use either set 2 or 3. I personally like set 2 more cause it has that neon style to it. Icon set 3 looks like images printed on sackboy. The folder icon is disgusting. Generally, i appreciate your passion and interest for theming, but this isnt something i would like to look at every time i turn on my device. Use that question to answer your question, Will you want to look at that everytime you turn your iPod/iPhone on? Another thing is the size of the icons, they're so small that it creates a lot of "white" and awkward space. Is this your first theme? Maybe get more practice making themes just for the fun of it and not for the money. Start small! And I believe there's no complete UI, so its just icons? $1 for messed up icons?

iPhone? More like MyPhone krisyouk's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it's brilliant. I love raw looking art though. Too polished is boring. Icon set 3 is nice, I didnt get the original ones at all! The wallpaper is awesome. I'd suggest to put a zip of your theme and ask people what they think, let us try and tell u if we'd buy or not.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by milleung View Post
    honestly, i wouldn't even download this if it was free on cydia. no offense, but the theme reallyisnt worthy to be paid. Your icons are just randomly ugly warped pictures of the original. The 'Art' in your theme name doesnt really apply, because this really isnt art. Throw out the original icon and use either set 2 or 3. I personally like set 2 more cause it has that neon style to it. Icon set 3 looks like images printed on sackboy. The folder icon is disgusting. Generally, i appreciate your passion and interest for theming, but this isnt something i would like to look at every time i turn on my device. Use that question to answer your question, Will you want to look at that everytime you turn your iPod/iPhone on? Another thing is the size of the icons, they're so small that it creates a lot of "white" and awkward space. Is this your first theme? Maybe get more practice making themes just for the fun of it and not for the money. Start small! And I believe there's no complete UI, so its just icons? $1 for messed up icons?
    Ive made over 20 themes free and paid. I have this theme with all icons currently on my device. I understand the folders are garbage, im still working on that. One of my themes is actually in feature themes in cydia entitled Glass Puzzle. Making opinions is one thing, dont come at me reckless.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krisyouk View Post
    I think it's brilliant. I love raw looking art though. Too polished is boring. Icon set 3 is nice, I didnt get the original ones at all! The wallpaper is awesome. I'd suggest to put a zip of your theme and ask people what they think, let us try and tell u if we'd buy or not.
    Maybe, I'd have to take out a lot of stuff, don't wanna give the theme away for free.

Thanks
    From what I can see MMI is looking for originality and while there isnt a complete view of the icon set 3 aside from those two, I would go with that set. Also what have you done as far as the ui images have you changed the way any of that looks. in the .theme\folders or .theme\bundles how many apps are you covering? MMI isnt going to approve a paid app if all there is is a wallpaper, lockscreen, and icons. They want more than that. It's not all about how much you want to charge its about the completeness of a theme, the closer you are to having a complete theme, the more likely they will approve it. Think about it from the buyers point of view. If I pay 3.99 for a complete theme like Elite Pro HD or GOC Pro HD, I get all kids of things covered, why should I pay anything for just wallpaper and icons? Hope this helps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iModdr View Post
    From what I can see MMI is looking for originality and while there isnt a complete view of the icon set 3 aside from those two, I would go with that set. Also what have you done as far as the ui images have you changed the way any of that looks. in the .theme\folders or .theme\bundles how many apps are you covering? MMI isnt going to approve a paid app if all there is is a wallpaper, lockscreen, and icons. They want more than that. It's not all about how much you want to charge its about the completeness of a theme, the closer you are to having a complete theme, the more likely they will approve it. Think about it from the buyers point of view. If I pay 3.99 for a complete theme like Elite Pro HD or GOC Pro HD, I get all kids of things covered, why should I pay anything for just wallpaper and icons? Hope this helps.
    I completely know what you mean. Remember this theme is actually unfinished.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose1408 View Post
    I completely know what you mean. Remember this theme is actually unfinished.
    This could be another reason it was rejected.

PS, I kinda like this theme

Thanks

Really? I cant use my sig anymore? I've had that for over a year now. lol. Oh well, I cant change my website anyway so it doesnt matter.
    Last edited by Caboose1408; 12-09-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks
    Then I would wait till you had it complete before you submit it to MMI until then do what I do and create a private repo and let friends that you trust install it and test it for you and once its complete then resubmit it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone krisyouk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iModdr View Post
    Then I would wait till you had it complete before you submit it to MMI until then do what I do and create a private repo and let friends that you trust install it and test it for you and once its complete then resubmit it.
    +1

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose1408 View Post
    Ive made over 20 themes free and paid. I have this theme with all icons currently on my device. I understand the folders are garbage, im still working on that. One of my themes is actually in feature themes in cydia entitled Glass Puzzle. Making opinions is one thing, dont come at me reckless.
    You asked for my opinion, I gave it to you.
    If you already have a theme in the featured section of cydia, maybe use that as your guideline. Like what iModdr said, you need a custom UI, cydia's not gonna approve of a paid theme with just background, limited icons, and lockscreens. How are thrid party apps gonna look?

Thanks

I was already designing third party apps and app store apps, I was planning to customize everything outside of the applications itself.

I have quit this theme and started working on something new.
    Last edited by Caboose1408; 12-22-2011 at 01:05 PM.