+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theming help 101! Help please! ! !

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Alright, I have tons of questions as I am new to the theming world. I am currently running ios 4.3.2 on an iPhone 4 32GB. I am running the "Leg1on"
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Theming help 101! Help please! ! !
    Alright, I have tons of questions as I am new to the theming world. I am currently running ios 4.3.2 on an iPhone 4 32GB. I am running the "Leg1on" theme with a LS and SB mod. I HAVE MANY QUESTIONS.

1. How can I change an unthemed icon (i.e. mxtube) which is a cydia app to something that someone posted on the forum?

2. How can I change an already masked icon to a custom icon? (I.E. a themed facebook icon that is not the appstore version with a mask

3. How can I change the carrier to some image/logo as I am currently in Canada running on rogers?

4. How can I change the statusbar image to an image posted on the forums?

5. How can I change the dock image to an image posted on the forum?

PLEASE HELP A GUY OUT!

THANKS SO MUCH!

My iPhone is a Part of Me noelbob's Avatar
    Thanks

Well to answer almost all at once to need to know the name of the folder the images are in or are supposed to go in and change or add the image
    you can either use ifile or ssh
    1) idk about mxtube try placing it in folders name mxtube.app and place the icon inside naming it [email protected]
    2)again find the bundle name and instead of folder place it in Bundlesand the name of the bundle
    3) carrier logo should be in bundles try looking for a bundle named com.apple.ATT_US or something like maybe named rodgers (Im in the states on att)you may need to ask some one else
    4) UIImages translucent_Base
    5) Bundles com.apple.springboard [email protected]

if any of this doesnt work then idk

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noelbob View Post
    Well to answer almost all at once to need to know the name of the folder the images are in or are supposed to go in and change or add the image
    you can either use ifile or ssh
    1) idk about mxtube try placing it in folders name mxtube.app and place the icon inside naming it [email protected]
    2)again find the bundle name and instead of folder place it in Bundlesand the name of the bundle
    3) carrier logo should be in bundles try looking for a bundle named com.apple.ATT_US or something like maybe named rodgers (Im in the states on att)you may need to ask some one else
    4) UIImages translucent_Base
    5) Bundles com.apple.springboard [email protected]

if any of this doesnt work then idk
    regarding step 1 and 2, you making a folder.. where do I put that folder?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basketballer2323 View Post
    regarding step 1 and 2, you making a folder.. where do I put that folder?
    each number is a direct answer to your number but yes you need to make a folder and the put it in the Leg1on.theme/Folders
    and for number 2 some go in bundles and some go in Folders Im not sure why i know thats how it is

Thanks

Well I would ask on the leg1on thread because I'm not exactly sure I think you need the bundle name and I don't know I or you could get an app from cydia called appinfo it will tell you the bundle name but asking on leg1on might be easier

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noelbob View Post
    Well I would ask on the leg1on thread because I'm not exactly sure I think you need the bundle name and I don't know I or you could get an app from cydia called appinfo it will tell you the bundle name but asking on leg1on might be easier
    so i put cydia apps under the :folders" spot using the bundle name with icons inside called "[email protected]"? same with app store icons but do I have to do like "com.apple.xxxx"??

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Use icon thief (download it from Cydia and you'll find an app on your home screen) tap the app. Then click on "Start" cuz u wanna get the default icons bundles. Now download iFunBox or something that allows u to ssh to your iPhone. Go to /var/mobile/documents and you'll see a .zip file. Drag that to your desktop and extract it. You'll find all your icons' folders name. Just replace the default icons to the new icons (with the same name I.E: [email protected]) then once your done with replacing the icons you want to be changed, drag and paste the folder(s) (com.apple.example) to your theme (leg1on.theme/bundles/)

Thanks

That works too Ive never used icon thief but thats a little easier

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    Use icon thief (download it from Cydia and you'll find an app on your home screen) tap the app. Then click on "Start" cuz u wanna get the default icons bundles. Now download iFunBox or something that allows u to ssh to your iPhone. Go to /var/mobile/documents and you'll see a .zip file. Drag that to your desktop and extract it. You'll find all your icons' folders name. Just replace the default icons to the new icons (with the same name I.E: [email protected]) then once your done with replacing the icons you want to be changed, drag and paste the folder(s) (com.apple.example) to your theme (leg1on.theme/bundles/)
    do i need to make a replacement icon for every icon ie "icon.png,smallicon.png etc" or just [email protected]?

Green Apple
    Thanks

can i just use the same icon for every one?

Thanks

Yeah , that's what your suppose to do :P

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by R.Mortera View Post
    Yeah , that's what your suppose to do :P

i tried this.. i changed all the icons in the zip folders to icons that i wanted and dragged the folders including the icons to my them bundles folders.. did NOT work.. whats wrong?

Thanks

What exactly are you trying to change? Maybe you misspelled the name, spelling is really a must to get right in this kind of situtation lol.