Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Skinning / Themes Discussionforums, a part of the
Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touchsection;
Alright, I have tons of questions as I am new to the theming world. I am currently running ios 4.3.2 on an iPhone 4 32GB. I am running the "Leg1on"...
08-27-2011, 09:31 PM #1Theming help 101! Help please! ! !
Alright, I have tons of questions as I am new to the theming world. I am currently running ios 4.3.2 on an iPhone 4 32GB. I am running the "Leg1on" theme with a LS and SB mod. I HAVE MANY QUESTIONS.
1. How can I change an unthemed icon (i.e. mxtube) which is a cydia app to something that someone posted on the forum?
2. How can I change an already masked icon to a custom icon? (I.E. a themed facebook icon that is not the appstore version with a mask
3. How can I change the carrier to some image/logo as I am currently in Canada running on rogers?
4. How can I change the statusbar image to an image posted on the forums?
5. How can I change the dock image to an image posted on the forum?
PLEASE HELP A GUY OUT!
THANKS SO MUCH!
08-27-2011, 11:14 PM #2
Well to answer almost all at once to need to know the name of the folder the images are in or are supposed to go in and change or add the image
you can either use ifile or ssh
1) idk about mxtube try placing it in folders name mxtube.app and place the icon inside naming it [email protected]
2)again find the bundle name and instead of folder place it in Bundlesand the name of the bundle
3) carrier logo should be in bundles try looking for a bundle named com.apple.ATT_US or something like maybe named rodgers (Im in the states on att)you may need to ask some one else
4) UIImages translucent_Base
5) Bundles com.apple.springboard [email protected]
if any of this doesnt work then idk
08-27-2011, 11:36 PM #3
08-27-2011, 11:46 PM #4
08-27-2011, 11:59 PM #5
08-28-2011, 12:23 AM #6
Well I would ask on the leg1on thread because I'm not exactly sure I think you need the bundle name and I don't know I or you could get an app from cydia called appinfo it will tell you the bundle name but asking on leg1on might be easier
08-28-2011, 08:50 AM #7
[email protected]"? same with app store icons but do I have to do like "com.apple.xxxx"??
08-28-2011, 09:14 AM #8
Use icon thief (download it from Cydia and you'll find an app on your home screen) tap the app. Then click on "Start" cuz u wanna get the default icons bundles. Now download iFunBox or something that allows u to ssh to your iPhone. Go to /var/mobile/documents and you'll see a .zip file. Drag that to your desktop and extract it. You'll find all your icons' folders name. Just replace the default icons to the new icons (with the same name I.E: [email protected]) then once your done with replacing the icons you want to be changed, drag and paste the folder(s) (com.apple.example) to your theme (leg1on.theme/bundles/)
08-28-2011, 11:05 AM #9
That works too Ive never used icon thief but thats a little easier
08-28-2011, 04:51 PM #10
08-28-2011, 05:01 PM #11
08-28-2011, 05:05 PM #12
can i just use the same icon for every one?
08-28-2011, 06:22 PM #13
Yeah , that's what your suppose to do :P
08-28-2011, 07:24 PM #14
08-28-2011, 08:31 PM #15
What exactly are you trying to change? Maybe you misspelled the name, spelling is really a must to get right in this kind of situtation lol.