Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie Winterboard Question

Default Newbie Winterboard Question
    When I download different items for Winterboard use from Cydia, some don't seem to work while others do. I try moving itmes to the top of the list but they still don't appear. In this case I'm trying to replace my 3G logo with something else. Only a couple seem to work, while most don't. Is there a trick to getting everything to work in Winterboard properly or is it just a case of "hit or miss"?

Thanks
    Lee

what idevice and iOS do u use ?

Quote Originally Posted by astrolabe View Post
    what idevice and iOS do u use ?
    Sorry.

3GS 4.3.5 with Tethered Jailbreak

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Firstly it's 4.3.5, the jb is likely buggy in one way or another. But the issue is likely compatibility if anything. Many themes work on iOS 4, more on 4.2.1 and below, quite a few on 4.3.3, but I would expect incompatibilities with 4.3.4 or 4.3.5.

So if you're stuck on 4.3.5, it's just an incompatibility that you have to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Firstly it's 4.3.5, the jb is likely buggy in one way or another. But the issue is likely compatibility if anything. Many themes work on iOS 4, more on 4.2.1 and below, quite a few on 4.3.3, but I would expect incompatibilities with 4.3.4 or 4.3.5.

So if you're stuck on 4.3.5, it's just an incompatibility that you have to expect.
    That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the confirmation.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Np!