View Poll Results: Should we let Raaj back on?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 86.89%
  • No

8 13.11%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Great Poll Re: Raaj

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I was the 50th poll. Woohoo
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Z_rock's Avatar
    Thanks

I was the 50th poll. Woohoo

Thanks
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,035 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lao3hero View Post
    He's doing well as Dizhertz (sorry if I mispelt) and everyone knows his real id. Y the need to reinstate him? Cuz of the number of 'thanks'? If the number of 'thanks' is that important then let this reset be a lesson for him to remember forever.

And if there's a need for a poll at all then prolly the poll should only include themers whose themes have been pirated by him; a lot of peeps are new here and dun even know the real history nor hurt by him before.

Sorry I am blunt but I think there's a need to be firm here. I only hope that if I ever rob someone in the future, I can hopefully get an internet connection in my cell and send twitters of apologies to get my sentence shortened.
    I don't care about thanks. Least not as much as some of you now do. Only reason i brought it up was in response to the other guy.

As for the poll why just the themers? Seems like it affected more than just the themes which is why it's open and it seems even those themers have shown there support too.

Whereas yes there are a lot of "new" people here that don't know the full story there are also people here who have been around for a long time also don't know as much as they think.
    Last edited by Raaj FX; 08-09-2011 at 08:39 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kimvy's Avatar
    Thanks

voted yes even though he won't make me a slider bar. good kid, will bring lots to the table.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,224 Posts

He's doing well as Dizhertz (sorry if I mispelt) and everyone knows his real id. Y the need to reinstate him? Cuz of the number of 'thanks'? If the number of 'thanks' is that important then let this reset be a lesson for him to remember forever.
    Kinda like this idea.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

lao3hero (08-09-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,505 Times in 3,754 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DicHertz1 View Post
    I don't care about thanks. Least not as much as some of you now do. Only reason i brought it up was in response to the other guy.

As for the poll why just the themers? Seems like it affected more than just the themes which is why it's open and it seems even those themers have shown there support too.

Whereas yes there are a lot of "new" people here that don't know the full story there are also people here who have been around for a long time also don't know as much as they think.
    Now I am confused. do you want just back the:-

A) Name
    B) Gold Title
    C) Stats
    D) A & B
    E) A & C
    F) B & C
    G) All of the above
    H) None of the above

But it sounded like you just want "A" when u said "I don't care about thanks". Then a simple renaming of your current nick (dichertz) to "Raaj" will suffice.

Anyway, to be frank, the founder didn't even have to start a poll; the fact that he started it means he is in favour and as a founder, he can just arbitrarily give you what you want.

And I am not going to put you on ignore list you cuz you do help me by answering some of my questions in the threads. Just that I don't like a reinstatement. Or prolly I just don't like the way rules can be bent so much here; a perm ban can be circumvented and further 'escalated' to a probable reinstatement.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lao3hero For This Useful Post:

bostonguy3737 (08-09-2011), Jazzman UK (08-10-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,542 Times in 1,378 Posts

Now I am confused. do you want just back the:-

A) Name
    B) Gold Title
    C) Stats
    D) A & B
    E) A & C
    F) B & C
    G) All of the above
    H) None of the above

But it sounded like you just want "A" when u said "I don't care about thanks". Then a simple renaming of your current nick (dichertz) to "Raaj" will suffice.

Anyway, to be frank, the founder didn't even have to start a poll; the fact that he started it means he is in favour and as a founder, he can just arbitrarily give you what you want.

And I am not going to put you on ignore list you cuz you do help me by answering some of my questions in the threads. Just that I don't like a reinstatement. Or prolly I just don't like the way rules can be bent so much here; a perm ban can be circumvented and further 'escalated' to a probable reinstatement.
    Very well said Lao, it's a very draining topic that feels like it's on a continuous loop.

"We are sheep among wolves, be wise as serpents yet innocent as doves"
    Gone Baby Gone

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bostonguy3737 For This Useful Post:

lao3hero (08-09-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,228 Times in 6,987 Posts

Nothing is absolute. This is a website, not death row
    IMO if someone shows that they can and have changed then I see no reason why they should not be given another chance.
    As for having his old account back I would think he is more of just wanting his identity back. His stats are part of that identity. They show what he put into the site and how many appreciated that. I dont think their appreciation should be wiped away because he made some mistakes. Hes been banned pretty much all year. I'd say it is time to give him a chance to show he has changed by giving him his old account/identity back. The stats seem to show most others feel the same way. At the end of the day it is up to Kyle and Cody and I for one will respect whatever decision they make.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Pinoy (08-10-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Nothing is absolute. This is a website, not death row
    IMO if someone shows that they can and have changed then I see no reason why they should not be given another chance.
    As for having his old account back I would think he is more of just wanting his identity back. His stats are part of that identity. They show what he put into the site and how many appreciated that. I dont think their appreciation should be wiped away because he made some mistakes. Hes been banned pretty much all year. I'd say it is time to give him a chance to show he has changed by giving him his old account/identity back. The stats seem to show most others feel the same way. At the end of the day it is up to Kyle and Cody and I for one will respect whatever decision they make.
    Another chance was already given when the circumvention was condoned/perm ban was reversed. And society do not take into consideration what good one has done when one has erred. Even if given a second chance, the black mark stays on record. And this forum is part of society. This is not a game which one can simply reload saved game. And I am just not happy with 'give you an inch and u want a yard'.

Then again, I know ultimately the reinstatement will take place but I just wanna pen down my 2 cents.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lao3hero For This Useful Post:

Simon (08-09-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,228 Times in 6,987 Posts

You make a good point but you are dealing more in extremes. I would say this site lands somewhere in the middle of pressing reset on a game and comparing him to a released convict from prison.
    I'm not sure there is any real right answer to this situation. Which is probably the reason Kyle made a poll to see where people's thinking on this subject are now.
    I appreciate your opinion on the matter though and wished more of the people who voted no (assuming you did) would give a reason as kyle asked in the OP.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

lao3hero (08-09-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,035 Posts

Lao I have to thank you. Your the only one out of the 7 that had the (insert appropriate PG word here) to express and add your opinion.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Raaj FX For This Useful Post:

lao3hero (08-09-2011)

"The Original Modsta" _Vansmak_'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,868 Times in 1,227 Posts

ummmm. Never mind. Maybe people shouldnt be banned "for life" in the first place. We all know its just a power play, once the "forever" hammer is used. Short of hacking the site, repeated pirating, leaking, or sex/religion/race type harassment.

Nobody gives raaj a harder time then me but it is in the way he doesnt react to it that earned my respect for the little piss ant. You see he at, what is he 13?, has more common sense then alot of you do. That being said, I voted no, but hope to continue to work with him, see him and tweet with him.

What we have all learned: people tolerate stealing more then they tolerate opinions.

BTW fj had some pretty impressive stats as well.
    Last edited by _Vansmak_; 08-09-2011 at 11:48 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _Vansmak_ For This Useful Post:

Jazzman UK (08-10-2011), lao3hero (08-10-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,795 Times in 3,028 Posts

Another chance was already given when the circumvention was condoned/perm ban was reversed. And society do not take into consideration what good one has done when one has erred. Even if given a second chance, the black mark stays on record. And this forum is part of society. This is not a game which one can simply reload saved game. And I am just not happy with 'give you an inch and u want a yard'.

Then again, I know ultimately the reinstatement will take place but I just wanna pen down my 2 cents.
    Lao I'm not trying to be argumentative and I respect your take on this. I appreciate your honesty and for no other reason than to have a healthy open conversation I just think your takin this bit a little to serious. I understand in this world it is potentially the worst crime possible, but this is not the real world. Your comparison to actual society is a bit much.This is a place a lot of people come to escape the real world for a couple hrs. In here the worse crime results in being banned. That's because it's a misdemeanor at best. And in the real world they do take into consideration the good one might have done. Where I'm from a misdemeanor can be sealed from your records when you become an adult. You overlook the fact this was the actions of a kid. Not an adult like you who has lived life and has children and learned your life lessons. Having his thanks count back shows he also done good for this community. I don't think doing good should ever be erased. It should be embraced. The average guy that could get caught pirating would give two craps about being exposed or banned. They move on having never given two craps about this community in the first place. You should be able to see Raaj's willingness to accept responsibility and face the community coupled with the fact that he shows relentless desire to be involved even under another identity shows he actually cares about it. If a example is to be made of a pirate then make that example of someone that hasn't shown genuine care. They are all around us. We all mingle with them every day. It takes only a little digging to see it. At the end of the day we all decorate our cell phones here. It is not that serious.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinoy For This Useful Post:

Jazzman UK (08-10-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _Vansmak_ View Post

What we have all learned: people tolerate stealing more then they tolerate opinions.
    Ironic but very true.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,157 Times in 835 Posts

Lao appreciate you a lot, but I agree with Pinoy, he is just a kid who made a mistake, in the end this is all about theming and editing of our phones (at least this part of the community), and Raaj is great at it. When I came to this forum I knew absolutely nothing about theming and PS, and Raaj and his work was my first inspiration to open PS and start playing with themes.
    I know he annoyed some people but I also see most forgave him.
    In the end I think the guy should get a chance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _Vansmak_ View Post
    There was a time when people were branded traitors and publicly executed for their opinion. A thief would of just had their hands cut off.
    Thank goodness its the 21st century and this is just a technology site/community!

In this instance the young gentleman pirated themes, which in turn effected the themers wallet and perhaps a little of their motivation (which could mean less themes for us, but that is just theory not fact). That is pretty much between Raaj and the themers.

I don't know all of the by-laws here, but is what he did against an actual rule?

Oddly enough, creating a second account is against the rules. So is having a vulgar screen name if I'm not mistaken.

That said, I vote to ban Dichertz, and reinstate Raaj!

Seriously though, I'm just here for fun and modding, Raaj is a good guy to have around for both.

Thanks for your time,
    Jim

25. The Following User Says Thank You to The_13th_Plague For This Useful Post:

_Vansmak_ (08-11-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me simer_cool's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 340 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by monchy36 View Post
    BECAUSE...WE LOVE HIM!!!(NO HOMO)

Hey man please don't use religious pics for these purposes!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone MUFC55's Avatar
    Thanks

Bring him back coz hes a top modder & he used to help everyone! and this is where he belongs!

My iPhone is a Part of Me DrAgNbOi's Avatar
    Thanks

I think he should be back, everyone makes mistakes so no one's perfect. He have already learnt his lessons and have been really helpful to others, he have help me in the past and never asked for anything in return but I donated to him because he took his time to help me with my request.

"The Original Modsta" _Vansmak_'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,868 Times in 1,227 Posts

Let him back but with a perm scarlet letter in his sig or a dunce cap on his avatar.

Pinoy, I've seen u take little things a little too serious as well. I think Lao just got caught up in a bad analogy. However whenever you see threads by debs on the subject they act like leakers are the lowest life forms. Lower then zombies! They are goblins! Hmm I feel a new chapter coming on.

Ftr I never said or thought that, I think it's all one big hypocrisy. But I do have areally cool looking phone!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _Vansmak_ For This Useful Post:

lao3hero (08-10-2011), Pinoy (08-10-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,096 Times in 930 Posts

My Honest opinion about this :
    Yeah this dude is a talended theme modder but ....
    Specially as a gold member he exactly knew all the work it requier for a theme , he was even making mod and having fun with the same persons he pirated their theme ? WTF .. ? B!tch attitude imo ...
    As for his second chance i think he's already lucky to post with his current account and it would be a shame to see a "Gold" member with his past . And a "Permaban" should be stay a Permaban .
    This is just my honest Pov (whatever if you dislike)
    Sorry for my bad english and long life to MMI .

Edited for lack of spelling
    Last edited by Yugo; 08-10-2011 at 09:57 AM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Yugo For This Useful Post:

lao3hero (08-10-2011)