+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Code Blu - my first them in progress

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Here's what I have so far. I've enjoyed the challenge, that's for sure. Still more to be done but I thought I'd give everyone a look. Icons that can be
    Thanks

Default Code Blu - my first them in progress
    Here's what I have so far. I've enjoyed the challenge, that's for sure. Still more to be done but I thought I'd give everyone a look.

Icons that can be are auto-skinned. Those that can't are made in Photoshop. I'll probably do something else with the gold bar above the dock. Still experimenting with that. The battery volt meter was also made in Photoshop.

Code Blu - my first them in progress-code_blu.jpg

Thanks
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 850 Posts

Looks pretty good so far! It's got a kind of steampunky vibe to it. Kind of Art Deco with Art Nouveau accents.

I would re-design the dialer, though. You should make them an interesting shape, perhaps frame the left and right of each number with some little gold designs to match your lockscreen.

I'd also like to suggest you tone down the texture size a bit. It looks a liiiiittle too rough, know what I mean? I would go with some kind of micro-bump, and then put a beveled edge on everything to add some visual interest.

But, those are just some thoughts!

j.

Thanks

Thanks, J. I appreciate your feedback. I'm redesigning the dialer for sure. It was my least favorite thing I've done in the theme so far. I think you'll like the next version. Thanks again!