+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theming in iOS 5.x

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
TRANSFERRED MY POST FROM THE http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...ml#post6094454 THREAD I WILL EVENTUALLY TURN THIS INTO A GUIDE STATING THE FILENAME CHANGES PROPERLY. HAVE CONTACTED DEVELOPER FOR PERMISSION TO CONTINUE USING THE UINIQUE
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Theming in iOS 5.x
    TRANSFERRED MY POST FROM THE The Official iOS 5.0 Beta Compatibility List! THREAD
    I WILL EVENTUALLY TURN THIS INTO A GUIDE STATING THE FILENAME CHANGES PROPERLY.

HAVE CONTACTED DEVELOPER FOR PERMISSION TO CONTINUE USING THE UINIQUE HD THEME FOR PORTING TEST - AWAITING REPLY....

UPDATE 19/06/11 01:03 GMT

Been working on editing the UINique theme (http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...d-uinique.html) that I personally use so that it works on iOS 5. As it goes so far, most current iOS 4 themes should be able to be updated for iOS 5 quite easily. Here is an update on how its going my end.

Most filenames have just been changed adding "~iphone" to the end. However such things like Silver_DataTypeUMTS.png or Black_DataTypeUMTS.png have been renamed completely. Although Silver_Base.png stayed the same. So don't change!

FIXED

Phone Dialer - Ahh my lovely themed Dialer. Although it shows the black line from the bottom button on the dialer. I'm not complaining!

Theming in iOS 5.x-img_0007.png Theming in iOS 5.x-img_0013-1-.png

Messages - Send Button. Although I am not sure about that white Messages bar. Did not notice that until I created a new SMS for you guys :P

Theming in iOS 5.x-img_0008.png

UI Buttons and Icons - The Folders AND App Icons now work including the Video and Music Apps.

Theming in iOS 5.x-img_0004.png

Music Player - The Now Playing, AlbumInfo and AlbumInfoFlipper icons.

Theming in iOS 5.x-img_0009.png

PARTIALLY FIXED

Lockscreen - UINiques Swipe to Unlock is fixed, however when double pressing the home button to show the camera button it shows "unlock" from the stock "swipe to unlock" text just behind the camera icon. Also the Swipe to Unlock does not move to the left until swiping to unlock. Despite what the 3rd image says the swipe to unlock only happens when the screen comes on the first time to display the message, if screen goes off and then you turn it on again its not there.

Theming in iOS 5.x-img_0011.png Theming in iOS 5.x-img_0010.png Theming in iOS 5.x-img_0014.png

Status Bar - Battery Icon + Percentage, Signal/Wifi Bars + G, E, 3G Icons.

Seems that Apple at least in Beta1 have renamed there image files for the Wifi Bars/Signal Bar/ Battery icons etc from [email protected] to [email protected]. For the [email protected] is now [email protected]. However the black icons will only show on the notifications center not the normal screen...looking into this...unless anybody has any idea what the problem is?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004.PNG
Views:	3755
Size:	731.6 KB
ID:	531240 Theming in iOS 5.x-img_0005.png Theming in iOS 5.x-img_0006.png

NOT YET SORTED

Carrier Icon - Can't seem to change my certain carrier logo either. Will be happy when I can get it to work so my Wifi Icon doesnt end up in the clock all the time.

UI Icons - Some of the UI hasnt changed such as the Slider icons for things like Airplane Mode On and Off.

Theming in iOS 5.x-img_0012-1-.png

---------------------------------------------------------------
    ORIGINAL POST BELOW

Can confirm BiteSMS does not work...crashes straight off :-(

Winterboard like everyone else works however only to an extent

Using the UINique HD Theme, Winterboard and iOS 5

COMPLETE CHANGE

Calculator
    Calender
    Background Wallpaper

PARTIAL CHANGE

Messages - Send Button Didn't Change
    UI Buttons and Icons - The Folders Icons changed but the App Icons didn't.
    Music Player - The Now Playing, AlbumInfo and AlbumInfoFlipper icons did not.
    Lockscreen - Its still a big fat slider instead of where UINiques "Swipe to Unlock" version should be.

NO CHANGE
    Status Bar - Battery Icon + Percentage, Signal/Wifi Bars + G, E, 3G Icons.
    Phone Dialer - Still Default Dialer.

--------------------

So how does Winterboard work for you guys? What did Winterboard change and what didn't change?

When I get back from work tonight I'm gonna do some digging around in iOS 5 see if I can't make Winterboard a little bit more compatible...never know it might just be that iOS 5 has different .png file names than iOS 4.
    Last edited by FortKnox; 06-18-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I havent tried your theme, But now that I see that you are opening your support to 5.0 B1 Im going to have a look into it. For the themes I have tried The wifi bars all stay the same, and the icons, All Cydia icons do get changed, However the normal App store icons do not. Is this where I have to "~iphone" at the end of them?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The UINique Theme was not created by me. It was created by armypunk2003 (I believe). However the UINique Theme is what I used on iOS 4 and I LOVE IT. However on iOS 5 it and most other themes didn't work. So I took the chance to see if I could get the UINique HD Theme to work in iOS 5 as much I possibly could.

As i'm going along it allows me to update you guys on what changes need to be made :P.

Yes the normal App Store icons to change you need to add the ~iphone at the end of some of themes filenames in the MobileIcons.framework folder. In your Winterboard theme you need to go to Bundles/com.apple.mobileicons.framework folder and make the following filename changes:
    Code:
    [email protected][/email] change to [email]AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png

AppIconMask.png change to AppIconMask~iphone.png

[email protected] change to AppIconOverlay@2x~iphone.png

AppIconOverlay.png change to AppIconOverlay~iphone.png

[email protected] change to AppIconShadow@2x~iphone.png

AppIconShadow.png change to AppIconShadow~iphone.png

[email protected] change to SmallAppIconMask@2x~iphone.png

SmallAppIconMask.png change to SmallAppIconMask~iphone.png

[email protected] change to SmallAppIconOutline@2x~iphone.png

SmallAppIconOutline.png change to SmallAppIconOutline~iphone.png

[email protected] change to SmallAppIconOverlay@2x~iphone.png

SmallAppIconOverlay.png change to SmallAppIconOverlay~iphone.png
    Last edited by FortKnox; 06-18-2011 at 08:15 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FortKnox For This Useful Post:

Rafy0003 (06-18-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the night. I'll give it a try.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lol. Cool. Let us know how ya get on. :-)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ive gotta be doing something wrong, Bc this isnt working for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FortKnox View Post
    The UINique Theme was not created by me. It was created by armypunk2003 (I believe).
    Created By subywrex

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ahh thats it...created by subywrex, its being maintained by armypunk2003. Thanks DevouredDreams.

EDIT: Added Link to the UINique HD Theme Thread Link to first post. Also contacted developer for permission to use the UINique HD Theme for this thread.

@Rafy0003 - When your changing the icons...make sure to disable the theme in Winterboard..Respring. Then re-enable and respring again. Dont worry I had the same problem. Normal Respringing did not do anything. So now for the testing the theme I disable and re-enable the theme each time.
    Last edited by FortKnox; 06-18-2011 at 08:07 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FortKnox For This Useful Post:

Rafy0003 (06-18-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yep that did it. I disabled the theme and went to another, but didn't check it again. Thank you!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Glad to hear it buddy! Just remembered that you need to do something different for the Video and Music icons...seeing as the iPod app has been split into Video and Music. What you need to do is go to Bundles/com.apple.iPodUI and do the following. Creating some folders if they dont exist.

Music App Icon - Cut or Copy [email protected] to directory Folders/Music~iphone and rename [email protected] to [email protected]

Video App Icon Cut of Copy [email protected] to directory Bundles/com.apple.videos and rename [email protected] to [email protected]

Right...I'm gonna head to bed. If anybody is willing to test for me.

The WifiBars/Signal Bar/3G, E and G, Battery icons.

Everything in your UIImages folder that is Black_ needs to be changed to WhiteOnBlackShadow_
    and Silver_ needs to be changed to ColorOnGrayShadow_ (Except for the Base.png e.g Silver_Base.png stays as it is!)

e.g Black_DataTypeUMTS is now WhiteOnBlackShadow_DataTypeUMTS.png
    e.g Silver_DataTypeUMTS is now ColorOnGrayShadow_DataTypeUMTS.png

Silver (ColorOnGrayShadow) icons work wonders!...but as i've said on my end the Black (WhiteOnBlackShadow) only shows when I bring down the Notifications Center.

Task: If anybody is willing to try this let me know if you have the same problem as I have (stated in first post)...if you do and you happen to find a way to get the icons to show on the normal apps screen then tell us anyway and we will all give you an imaginary gold star :-P

Haha! Night folks!
    Last edited by FortKnox; 06-18-2011 at 08:43 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dont suppose anyones had any luck with the Black Icons for the 3G etc? Ive been trying but doesnt seem to make a difference...ive focused all my efforts on that tbh.
    Twitter: FortKnox101

Thanks

I can help but I was wondering How did you discover the new names for status bar items?
    Last edited by Megaorange; 06-24-2011 at 01:14 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megaorange View Post
    I can help but I was wondering How did you discover the new names for status bar items?
    The filenames of adding ~iphone i found out by accessing the files on my phone and comparing to the filenames in my theme..but later found out Max_Kas had released this info.

ColorOnGrayShadow filename i found in the shared.artwork file. but no sign for the black icons so i just made a guess of BlackOnWhiteShadow filename for the black.

Thanks

how did you manage to open the artwork file?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I didnt, iHaz3 did. He posted a link here: iOS5 UI

But I dont think its quite complete artwork file though cause of the missing WhiteOnBlackBackground.png files.

Or it just seems that way to me anyway.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Seems I won't be helping theme the iOS 5.x after all guys. I had a bit of an accident with my iPhone :P...thought the glass was supposed to be strong lol. However instead of going for another iPhone I decided to go for the Samsung Galaxy S II instead. Sorry Guys. I'll help as much as I can but as development goes on what I was doing has died.

Thanks

Ya I can't do anything as winterboard does not work in beta 2?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I didn't have a chance to upgrade to the beta 2, so I don't know...UISettings didn't even work for beta 2 at first...so I assume it would affect other apps such as Winterboard.

Green Apple
    Thanks

@FortKnox, just wondering if you downloaded the IOS 5 UI. As I went to the link you gave & it's dead...so I was wondering if you would upload them if you have them. Thanks in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry for late response, this is the artwork file that was extracted that I found.

iPhone 5.0 artwork.rar

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast