Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to start theming with DreamBoard?

Default How to start theming with DreamBoard?
    Just bought it, and I want to develop for it.

Im studying the Dreamboard wiki, but they have no visual examples and arent doing a good job explaining how to setup a plist theme etc..

Help?

I've been wondering how this whole dreamboard thing works too... Hopefully you will get a good response, seems it is hard to get theming answers...

Yeah it is. I would say your best bet is download a theme then rip it off your idevice & re-do images to your taste. like you would with a Winterboard theme. Theme creators seem to be very closed mouthed about help & widget's in general. From what I understand there widgets, that's why it eat's so much ram. I believe it's similar to floating with HTML, but I'm not sure...if anyone knows please correct me if I'm wrong
    Last edited by ill_graphics; 06-11-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Yea I pretty much gave up getting answers from them my theme has been created almost entirely on trial and error, constant testing, and digging deep into the files to figure out what each piece is and how to theme it... It's been rough but fun at the same time... I'm kind of glad in some ways that I had to do it this way because it feels really nice to have learned all this on my own!

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...reamboard.html
    Just found this looking around in here, hope it helps

That link was the first thing I found, and thats where I found the wiki and started looking at it.

I think im just going to start digging into the other dreamboard themes again and ripping and editing with code.

Quote Originally Posted by imattv2 View Post
    That link was the first thing I found, and thats where I found the wiki and started looking at it.

I think im just going to start digging into the other dreamboard themes again and ripping and editing with code.
    Thats what I do

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ill_graphics View Post
    Yeah it is. I would say your best bet is download a theme then rip it off your idevice & re-do images to your taste. like you would with a Winterboard theme. Theme creators seem to be very closed mouthed about help & widget's in general. From what I understand there widgets, that's why it eat's so much ram. I believe it's similar to floating with HTML, but I'm not sure...if anyone knows please correct me if I'm wrong
    I would say that's the worst thing to do.
    This is what I did, and also what Wynd says to do when studying a new version, download DreamBoard, go to /var/mobile/Library/DreamBoard/ and in it you'll see _Library/ and /Endroid go to the Endroid theme, and open up the Theme.plist. That is where and how to learn to code DreamBoard themes, it's easy for me, but I've been doing it since it first was in beta, and that's how I learned.
    Whitoken for DreamBoard 1.1 in DreamStore