Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ownership

Default Ownership
    Ok, call me a noob if you want, but I am working on a my first theme. I create the images using photoshop and use ifunbox to put them on my phone, but they don't show up until I change the owner of the image from root to mobile. I really don't want to have to do this with every image. Is there a way to change the ownership before putting them on the phone? I use windows, and have a 3gs running 4.2.1. I know how to change the ownership with both SSH and iFile.

I am designing all the images for HD and SD, but all the images have 326 PPI, even for the SD. The only thing I am doing different is I am not using the "save for web or device" in photoshop because that changes all the images to 72 PPI and I want to keep them at 326.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

I'm a noob, too to some extent and know what your talking about, but have never had to worry about this. I also create images in photoshop at 326 ppi, and from early on have used iTunes and iFile to "ssh" by using the iTunes functionality of any app that can share files (mainly photo app store apps) and just drag and drop files into that apps share winodow in iTunes, and have a bookmark set in iFile to go straight there and copy to my theme or wherever. Kinda round about, but got used to it early on and using iTunes for any functionality that Apple didn't intend gives me a certain kind of pleasure. Barring any other real explination, could at least maybe work for you in the meantime. Would be happy to expand if neccessary.

Good luck!