+ Reply
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Color Keyboard Guide

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by Phatmartino Here's a plist to try out. The Alt Pop unselected text is controlled by the transparent symbol value for the normal "unpressed" qwerty keys, so what's
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    Here's a plist to try out.

The Alt Pop unselected text is controlled by the transparent symbol value for the normal "unpressed" qwerty keys, so what's pictured is nearly all you can do. Also pictured, because the selected symbol is controlled by the normal popup black symbol value, I tried going with eyedropped blues from the spacebar "lights" for the key fg...

Attachment 544241

and tried to match the keys for the NumberPad and use the same blues for the "pressed" symbols...

Attachment 544242

Let me know if you'd prefer any of the hex colors to be tweaked, they can all be easily changed.

Any input is welcome!

Attachment 544243
    Thanks so much!! I am going to download now and try it out! *excited*

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloumoord For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bloumoord View Post
    Thanks so much!! I am going to download now and try it out! *excited*
    That is brilliant thanks so much Phatmartino!
    Sorry about the download. I should have given you the plist instead.

Quick question:

The background of the selected and deselected extended characters....can you make the borders round like the charcoal one in my earlier screenshot?

Also, could you tell me what properties in the plist I can play with to get different options and see what looks best for me?
    What cannot be changed? For example the foreground color of the text, can that be changed? I would like to change the normal unselected characters to something less white so that it has a better contrast in order for better visibility.

But so far it looks brilliant!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloumoord For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Thanks

That is brilliant thanks so much Phatmartino!
    Sorry about the download. I should have given you the plist instead.

Quick question:

The background of the selected and deselected extended characters....can you make the borders round like the charcoal one in my earlier screenshot?

Also, could you tell me what properties in the plist I can play with to get different options and see what looks best for me?
    What cannot be changed? For example the foreground color of the text, can that be changed? I would like to change the normal unselected characters to something less white so that it has a better contrast in order for better visibility.

But so far it looks brilliant!
    I figured it out thanks!

I modified the following:

Hover over rectangle color:

UIKBColorKeyBlueRow1GradientStart
    UIKBColorKeyBlueRow1GradientEnd

and the round corners:

KeyRoundRectRadius

Would still like to know if the forecolor of the unselected symbols/characters can be modified?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloumoord For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 310 Posts

I figured it out thanks!

I modified the following:

Hover over rectangle color:

UIKBColorKeyBlueRow1GradientStart
    UIKBColorKeyBlueRow1GradientEnd

and the round corners:

KeyRoundRectRadius

Would still like to know if the forecolor of the unselected symbols/characters can be modified?
    Nice, glad it's working out and you've found some of your answers!

The actual symbols for the Alt pop unselected keys may have to be "white" (it's actually that they're transparent), and I can't remember now why I eventually settled with the foregrounds being that similar "white" or clear and have used that for most of my bg plists. Might have been that it left the text the most visible that I could manage (the clear text would show the FG color through).

I'll look into it some more after work and see if I can remember, and I'll also try to explain anything else I can that you can play around with...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Bloumoord (08-22-2011)

Thanks

Nice, glad it's working out and you've found some of your answers!

The actual symbols for the Alt pop unselected keys may have to be "white" (it's actually that they're transparent), and I can't remember now why I eventually settled with the foregrounds being that similar "white" or clear and have used that for most of my bg plists. Might have been that it left the text the most visible that I could manage (the clear text would show the FG color through).

I'll look into it some more after work and see if I can remember, and I'll also try to explain anything else I can that you can play around with...
    Hi!

I have come right with the other colors as well!
    Thanks so much for your help.

I will post this on the Leg1on theme and give you credits!

Last edited by Bloumoord; 08-22-2011 at 07:40 AM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bloumoord For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (08-23-2011), iZangetsu (08-23-2011), Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Thanks

Hi!

I have come right with the other colors as well!
    Thanks so much for your help.

I will post this on the Leg1on theme and give you credits!

I have given you credits here:

Leg1on Thread

Because of the images being background images, there do not seem to be a popup or color change when pressing the spacebar, shift/caps lock or the delete and enter buttons.

Is it possible for me to make a visual indicator to show that I am pressing any of these buttons?
    Also, how to I make the caps lock display another state for the permanent (double click) caps lock?
    Last edited by Bloumoord; 08-22-2011 at 07:43 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bloumoord For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (08-23-2011), Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Thanks

Hey, it's definitely possible to create a little "animation" for the keys with no popups. Options are slightly limited and are kinda dependent on sizing of the keys in the bg image, but for now, check out the NumberPad in the settings app pascode entry. It's possible to get a similar effect using a translucent gradient over the pressed state of those keys. Would take some just slightly more involved coding, but can be worth it. I usually at least do the Spacebar because you can see most of the key while your finger is over it.

I'll play around a bit this afternoon...

Btw, post a copy of the plist with your alterations if you would, so if I can do it, it will be with your changes included.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Bloumoord (08-22-2011), It's Mi (08-23-2011), iZangetsu (08-23-2011)

Thanks

Hey, it's definitely possible to create a little "animation" for the keys with no popups. Options are slightly limited and are kinda dependent on sizing of the keys in the bg image, but for now, check out the NumberPad in the settings app pascode entry. It's possible to get a similar effect using a translucent gradient over the pressed state of those keys. Would take some just slightly more involved coding, but can be worth it. I usually at least do the Spacebar because you can see most of the key while your finger is over it.

I'll play around a bit this afternoon...

Btw, post a copy of the plist with your alterations if you would, so if I can do it, it will be with your changes included.
    Thanks so much!! Really appreciate that!

Here is the plist file:

Leg1on_CK_FixedExtendedPopup.zip

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bloumoord For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (08-23-2011), Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,307 Posts

I have a quick question. I see everyone doing keyboards with pic backgrounds you know standard 4-row qwerty etc. is there a way to create a ck plist that can be used with 5-rows tweak? with the numbers on top like this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i did this with your red sample on first post by the way. i usually mod the colors of your plist to match the theme cuz i use 5-row tweak and the background pic that are made for the theme doesn't support it for example the Leg1on ck.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to iZangetsu For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Thanks

Awesome! That looks great for being a hex code mod!

In theory this should be absolutely possible with the BG method... Though I've never had a 5 row tweak to be able to test, but I can surely get one to find out! The only question is wether CK will successfully use the obviously larger images needed.

I'll look into it!

Meantime, let me know if you are particularly interested/have the means to create the BG images. If so I can fill you in and should update the guide further to include instruction on the "Hybrid" method using BG images for the keys, and Hex color text... Has many advantages.

Let me know...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

iZangetsu (08-23-2011)

Thanks

Very interested, I have photo shop but no template for background. I know with the hex codes plist the keys shrink down a little to fit the top row so maybe to use a standard size background template is all I need just have to customize one with that top row if u have a psd for it send it my way I will love to work on this

22. The Following User Says Thank You to iZangetsu For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Thanks

Nice! I'm using 5 rows at the moment and you're right, same size BG's.

Let me know which style you use: 5-row numeric (showcase), etc. Haven't checked them all out to know the difference, but as far as I can see it is just the "normal" BG ControlState that has 5 rows.

The only usable psds I have are all from a mutated strain and are very limiting for many reasons...

I've been wanting to put together a template psd to post anyway, let me try to whip something up. Shouldn't take too long...

There is a dividing line between choosing to create your own text in Ps and utilizing the native with hex codes as you've been doing.

Here are a few advantages of using the latter:

1. Far less images are needed. The normal BG method with Ps text requires 25 BG images (including NumberPad excluding 5-row), while using native hex text only requires 9 ("").

2. A few more options are open to you for creating "animation" of the keys that don't have popups (Delete, International, Return, Shift and Space)

3. Easily create multiple versions of a KB just by altering the text color (you can even separate the BG images and hex text into their own plists. For example 1 BG theme, 2,3...9 text color themes).

4. Bytafont will control all symbols so the CK will always integrate more seemlesly into multiple WB themes.

Anyway, with interest in this particular method, I could just get you some psds possibly a little earlier in the process of getting templates together.

Let me know either way!

Thanks

Yeh less is better and I prefer Byta Font to manage my kb font better to keep overall flow with the rest of the phone But of course ppl like options...Send me a mock up of psd when u can; I'm using first choice 5row as in pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Color Keyboard Guide-imageuploadedbymodmyi1314147018.189624.jpg  
    Last edited by iZangetsu; 08-23-2011 at 06:58 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to iZangetsu For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-26-2011)

Thanks

Hey, 5-Row's working out well! Pretty much have enough done to get you a Portrait mode psd. I do need to tidy it up just a bit, and I want to include a bit of instruction/explination.

I will go a lot further to complete the templates for all methods, but for now and for hex text, I'll be able to post it tomorrow.

Here's a test shot with some Ps styles tossed quickly on it...

Color Keyboard Guide-imageuploadedbymodmyi1314246604.808969.jpg

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (08-26-2011), iZangetsu (08-24-2011)

Thanks

Hey, 5-Row's working out well! Pretty much have enough done to get you a Portrait mode psd. I do need to tidy it up just a bit, and I want to include a bit of instruction/explination.

I will go a lot further to complete the templates for all methods, but for now and for hex text, I'll be able to post it tomorrow.

Attachment 544734
    Awesome! I knew if there were a way you would find it! I can't wait to work on this
    I appreciate all the time your putting into this that sample pic looks good already to BTW

30. The Following User Says Thank You to iZangetsu For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-26-2011)

Thanks

Attachment replacement screen.

Color Keyboard Guide-img_1159.png
    Last edited by Phatmartino; 09-11-2011 at 12:04 PM.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Coop2009 (08-26-2011), It's Mi (08-26-2011), iZangetsu (08-25-2011)

Thanks

Hey, here's a little pack of temp goodies...

1. Template psd for (4 or) 5-Row Portrait mode.

2. CK Theme folders with temp plists to test your images and set the text color.

3. A bit of explanation about 1 and 2 in txt form.

Safety off, fire at will with questions if necessary!

I'll keep working to finish up a temp Landscape psd and then expand both to cover all methods.

Good luck, and have fun!
    Hey Just downloaded it bro! mad i wasn't able to be at the pc till now lol. had a lil emergency with my daughter. this will be good to take my mind off of that looks like it'll be a long nite! thanks again you'll be updated on my progress, thanks again

oh and another question just popped up in my head, will this be able to switch back and forth like regular keyboard between 5-row and 4-row?
    guess i'll find out either which way!
    Last edited by iZangetsu; 08-25-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: add question

34. The Following User Says Thank You to iZangetsu For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-26-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,307 Times in 2,973 Posts

Attachment 544734
    Wow, that looks really nice

Have a nice day and lots of fun with your iPhone !!

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to It's Mi For This Useful Post:

Coop2009 (08-26-2011), Phatmartino (08-26-2011)

Theme Creator-Animation Coder Coop2009's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 1,572 Posts

Edit

After reading some more through this thread it appears i have found what i needed this thread is a fantastic idea and the OP you are one smart guy ill be looking further into your plists and see if i cant work it all out lol im going to use the plist for leg1on as my template as i have done the images the same way i will edit the colours as needed and will be sure to credit you you can pretty much ingore my pm lol i should of read it all first any ways thanks bro and keep up the great work
    Last edited by Coop2009; 08-26-2011 at 05:49 AM.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coop2009 For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (08-26-2011), Phatmartino (08-26-2011)