Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Color Keyboard Guide

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Hey, at the bare minimum, you can add CState=4 to your:

DisplayType=String;ControlState=1,4

This will at least set the "selected" alt symbol to be the same as the String symbol on the normal popups.

Have done a bit of testing to figure out the unselected symbols...

I have several different plists that accomplish transparency for the BG method and still leave some amount of control over these. Can't quite figure out what's going on in your's.

Let me know if you'd like me to try and alter a plist of mine to try and come up with something that works as best as possible with your theme!

Either way, I'll definitely play around with your's a little more and see what I can figure out...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

henftling (08-14-2011), It's Mi (08-23-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    Hey, at the bare minimum, you can add CState=4 to your:

DisplayType=String;ControlState=1,4

This will at least set the "selected" alt symbol to be the same as the String symbol on the normal popups.

Have done a bit of testing to figure out the unselected symbols...

I have several different plists that accomplish transparency for the BG method and still leave some amount of control over these. Can't quite figure out what's going on in your's.

Let me know if you'd like me to try and alter a plist of mine to try and come up with something that works as best as possible with your theme!

Either way, I'll definitely play around with your's a little more and see what I can figure out...

WOW, man this is very very friendly. Yes in case you could alter one of yours, that would be more than perfect...Thank you very much for that! I will send u a PM with the complete CB in case u wanna try - WOW again & thanks again for this great support.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to henftling For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hckyxc4pt4in For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Thank you Phatmartino for your incredible support. I love our keybord...and this is just because of u! Thanks
    ahem...I have put your name on my Deviantart page and linked to that thread to let the people know of this great documentation
    h1 Colorkeyboard by ~henftling on deviantART

Thanks man

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to henftling For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (08-23-2011), Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

henftling (08-15-2011)

Default Quick code help
    Hi,

I was playing around with the .plist files and I'm starting to get the hang of it.
    I still do have a slight problem I can't figure out though.
    I want a completely transparet background (which I've figured out)
    but then I want to just simply change the colour of the keyboard to a different colour.
    I'm confused as to what kind of code I need to write to get this to work.
    (I don't know if I need to put <dict></dict>, <array></array>, <key></key>, etc)

Thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ddolbi1 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddolbi1 View Post
    Hi,

I was playing around with the .plist files and I'm starting to get the hang of it.
    I still do have a slight problem I can't figure out though.
    I want a completely transparet background (which I've figured out)
    but then I want to just simply change the colour of the keyboard to a different colour.
    I'm confused as to what kind of code I need to write to get this to work.
    (I don't know if I need to put <dict></dict>, <array></array>, <key></key>, etc)

Thanks
    Hey, happy to try and help. Are you saying that you have the background transparent already and now want to change the color of the keys?

Feel free to post a screenshot of what you have if you like and describe what you still want to do...

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, you are absolutely right.
    The keyboard right now has a transparent background, and I wish to change the colour of the keys.

My code looks kinda messy. Is there a template I can use that has just simply the transparent background component, and the key-colour component?

Also, what would be a good site to upload my screenshots so I can attach the link here?

Thank you so much!

Hey, happy to try and help. Are you saying that you have the background transparent already and now want to change the color of the keys?

Feel free to post a screenshot of what you have if you like and describe what you still want to do...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ddolbi1 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Thanks

Yeah, if you take a look at the beginning of the first post there is a template pack (Hex colors) that has the custom color definitions set up to describe what they are used to theme. It's not quite as simplified as you mentioned, but download if you can and take a look at least. That system of naming the custom colors can be really helpful to looking further into the plist and understanding where and why it's applied.

I personally have only ever just attached images and files directly to my posts, you can attach up to 15 files per post. Not positive what the benefit is of uploading somewhere else and then linking here. (seems like an unnecessary extra step).

Either way, feel free to ask any more questions necessary and I can also try to get a simplified plist together to help out if needed!

Let me know... Happy to help.

So... I tried looking at the code and playing around a little bit more..
    Haha I actually went further away from the solution I was looking for..
    What confuses me is all the terms inside each <string> in 'CustomColor'.
    At first I thought 'UIKBColorKeyBlueRow1GradientStart' would be used to change the colors of the keys, but it doesn't seem to show me anything different.

Also, is it hard to make the rounded endges of each individual keys? The creator of Color Keyboard had some really nice designs where the keys were more "ovally" rather than the rounded-edge rectangles.
    If this is too hard to implement, then that's okay.

I attached the screenshot of my current keyboard. (Sorry, last time I replied I only saw a "attach picture" and it only asked me for a link)

Thanks again,

Yeah, if you take a look at the beginning of the first post there is a template pack (Hex colors) that has the custom color definitions set up to describe what they are used to theme. It's not quite as simplified as you mentioned, but download if you can and take a look at least. That system of naming the custom colors can be really helpful to looking further into the plist and understanding where and why it's applied.

I personally have only ever just attached images and files directly to my posts, you can attach up to 15 files per post. Not positive what the benefit is of uploading somewhere else and then linking here. (seems like an unnecessary extra step).

Either way, feel free to ask any more questions necessary and I can also try to get a simplified plist together to help out if needed!

Let me know... Happy to help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0505.png  

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ddolbi1 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Thanks

Hey, if you would, try checking out section 2 (Custom Color Definition) in the first post guide part. Hopefully it should answer questions about what your looking at in the custom color part of the plist... And maybe ask questions beyond that. It's a fair amount to describe...

I intend on eventually making the guide a little quicker to navigate to answer specific questions, but for now it's at least intended to offer the info needed kind of in the order you need it, but browse past the first part about the background method at least (you shouldn't really need any of that info).

And again, ask away with questions, I know the guide leaves a lot.

Thanks

Forgot to mention that the key radius can be controlled in the CK settings app where you choose your theme with a slider... And/or you can include:

<array>
    <string>*</string>
    <dict>
    <key>KeyRoundRectRadius</key>
    <real>0</real>
    </dict>
    </array>

In each set of "style" keys (Alert and Standard), and replace the "0" in <real>0</real> with the desired radius. This will be overridden by the settings slider if it is used as well.

Quote Originally Posted by henftling View Post
    Thank you Phatmartino for your incredible support. I love our keybord...and this is just because of u! Thanks
    ahem...I have put your name on my Deviantart page and linked to that thread to let the people know of this great documentation
    h1 Colorkeyboard by ~henftling on deviantART

Thanks man
    Can you guys please share the trick?
    I am having the same exact issue in Leg1on theme's color keyboard and would like to fix it.
    Thanks in advance!!

If you're talking about the key "foregrounds", It looks like he's using the BG image method. If you're not familiar with it yet, and have the means to create the entire keyboard in Photoshop or like program, that method allows far more versatility than the hex code colors alone...
    Can you please provide more details on how to use this method?
    Last edited by Bloumoord; 08-21-2011 at 05:40 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloumoord For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bloumoord View Post
    Can you guys please share the trick?
    I am having the same exact issue in Leg1on theme's color keyboard and would like to fix it.
    Thanks in advance!!

Can you please provide more details on how to use this method?
    Absolutely, though I wasn't able to entirely figure out the problem with h1's plist, I ended up altering a plist of my own to work with his images. I can take a look at the leg 1 on plist and see what I can figure out...

I believe the plist I used was very similar to the one I included in the first post on this thread (Background Method). There are also a few more instructions included in that .zip, and includes screens of all of the native layouts that need to be created. The first section of the guide on BG method should explain the basics at least.

Let me know if you've already looked at that stuff and still have a lot of questions...

Happy to help however I can!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (08-23-2011)

Absolutely, though I wasn't able to entirely figure out the problem with h1's plist, I ended up altering a plist of my own to work with his images. I can take a look at the leg 1 on plist and see what I can figure out...

I believe the plist I used was very similar to the one I included in the first post on this thread (Background Method). There are also a few more instructions included in that .zip, and includes screens of all of the native layouts that need to be created. The first section of the guide on BG method should explain the basics at least.

Let me know if you've already looked at that stuff and still have a lot of questions...

Happy to help however I can!
    I almost got it to work, but now it seems there are two fonts overlapping each other...look at the "W". It shows the Helvetica and the CaviarDreams fonts.

-img_0253.png

Can you please have a look at the Leg1on plist? Pretty please!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloumoord For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Bloumoord (08-21-2011)

Yes, I'll definitely take a look. It's always interesting to see the different ways authors lay out their plists, and I'll see what I can figure out!

Many thanks!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloumoord For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Thanks

Took me awhile just to get the whole theme downloaded. I've never seen one so emense!

Anyway, just with a bit of playing around, I should be able to help. This plist is quite like the h1, and would take a good bit of tweaking and testing to try and figure out the culprit while leaving what needs to remain... Should be able to do the same as I did for h1 though, and already have a plist working with leg1on. Just need to fine tune a few hex values. Most of the time remaining will be a lot of respringing.

Also, most of this type of themes skin the passcode entry NumberPad with a bg image to match the rest of the keys, while this one leaves the native hex color Npad. I need to remove the values in my plist that make these elements transparent, so I'll just change them to be hex colors that match the theme as best I can.

I'll attach the new plist as soon as I have it finished for any who need it to be able to just replace the original.

If not tonight, surely tomorrow...

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Bloumoord (08-22-2011), It's Mi (08-23-2011), iZangetsu (08-23-2011)

Thanks

Here's a plist to try out.

The Alt Pop unselected text is controlled by the transparent symbol value for the normal "unpressed" qwerty keys, so what's pictured is nearly all you can do. Also pictured, because the selected symbol is controlled by the normal popup black symbol value, I tried going with eyedropped blues from the spacebar "lights" for the key fg...

-altpop.png

and tried to match the keys for the NumberPad and use the same blues for the "pressed" symbols...

-npad.png

Let me know if you'd prefer any of the hex colors to be tweaked, they can all be easily changed.

Any input is welcome!

Leg1onCKplist.zip

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Bloumoord (08-22-2011), It's Mi (08-23-2011), iZangetsu (08-23-2011)

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast