+ Reply
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 696

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Color Keyboard Guide

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Works brilliantly!! Very well done sir and thank you very much!!
...
  1. #561
    iPhoneaholic sand_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 728 Times in 192 Posts

    Works brilliantly!! Very well done sir and thank you very much!!

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sand_man For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-22-2013), Phatmartino (03-22-2013)

  3. #562
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    I'm trying to do the background image method. I edited the "[email protected]" by testing it, and by testing it I mean by drawing scribbly lines over the whole image just so I can visually see what the keyboard would looks like. I put it into the "DLclean" folder I made within your "Themes" folder and it doesn't show the image I edited. It's portrait, 1 as in lowercase, and 3 as in normal state. Also, I'm using the same ColorKeyboard.plist that was provided and haven't changed anything in it. Do I need to change anything in the plist that you provided in order to see my edited image?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to iGuahan For This Useful Post:

    Phatmartino (03-24-2013)

  5. #563
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iGuahan View Post
    I'm trying to do the background image method. I edited the "[email protected]" by testing it, and by testing it I mean by drawing scribbly lines over the whole image just so I can visually see what the keyboard would looks like. I put it into the "DLclean" folder I made within your "Themes" folder and it doesn't show the image I edited. It's portrait, 1 as in lowercase, and 3 as in normal state. Also, I'm using the same ColorKeyboard.plist that was provided and haven't changed anything in it. Do I need to change anything in the plist that you provided in order to see my edited image?
    its allot of information, but its an EASY fix

    Please go to page 17 -> read post 497 and post 498, look at whats in red
    Color Keyboard Guide
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 03-24-2013 at 01:13 AM.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

    iGuahan (03-24-2013), Phatmartino (03-24-2013)

  7. #564
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Not was I looking for, but I fixed my problem. Thank you though!

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iGuahan For This Useful Post:

    BenderRodriguez (03-24-2013), Phatmartino (03-24-2013)

  9. #565
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iGuahan View Post
    Not was I looking for, but I fixed my problem. Thank you though!
    I was under the impression that you couldn't get your wallpaper to show under the keys, the trick is transparency

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

    Phatmartino (03-24-2013)

  11. #566
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    It's taking me hours to work on my keyboard using the Background Image Method. It's going to be worth it at the end, so I'm not complaining too hard lol. Anyone else feel the same? haha.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to iGuahan For This Useful Post:

    Phatmartino (03-24-2013)

  13. #567
    Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Nose deep in a plist...
    Posts
    652
    Thanks
    1,313
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iGuahan View Post
    It's taking me hours to work on my keyboard using the Background Image Method. It's going to be worth it at the end, so I'm not complaining too hard lol. Anyone else feel the same? haha.
    I feel that way absolutely every time... Lol

    It's a bear no matter how you attack it. My specific forté is Photoshop streamlining and automation, and it's still a pretty big chore every time.

    Glad you're on the right track now though, I'm guessing you put together the difference between the 0,1,3's for BG image callouts and the 0,1,3's for ControlStates?

    Ask any little questions, and I feel bad if you are specifically using the reference theme from this guide, it might be slightly out of date as far as the few things that can be done to combat the compounding little bugs CK theming is accumulating... Feel fee to hit me at [email protected] if you want at any point, and show me what you're working on, I can try to help make sure everything's going to work out if you like...

    Happy to help as/if needed.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-25-2013), Jato_BZ (03-24-2013)

  15. #568
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,959
    Thanks
    3,068
    Thanked 5,605 Times in 1,945 Posts

    Ur a LEGEND Phatmartino! Nice work and always so obliging!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-25-2013), Phatmartino (03-24-2013)

  17. #569
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    I feel that way absolutely every time... Lol

    It's a bear no matter how you attack it. My specific forté is Photoshop streamlining and automation, and it's still a pretty big chore every time.

    Glad you're on the right track now though, I'm guessing you put together the difference between the 0,1,3's for BG image callouts and the 0,1,3's for ControlStates?

    Ask any little questions, and I feel bad if you are specifically using the reference theme from this guide, it might be slightly out of date as far as the few things that can be done to combat the compounding little bugs CK theming is accumulating... Feel fee to hit me at [email protected] if you want at any point, and show me what you're working on, I can try to help make sure everything's going to work out if you like...

    Happy to help as/if needed.
    Thanks man, I appreciate it. The only referencing I'm using is the WP7 theme and just replacing images. What's really keeping me sane right now is the fact that all my layers in PS are neatly labeled and categorized, which I rarely do

  18. #570
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Is it possible to activate/deactivate my keyboard theme through Winterboard along with the Mic?

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to iGuahan For This Useful Post:

    Phatmartino (03-25-2013)

  20. #571
    Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Nose deep in a plist...
    Posts
    652
    Thanks
    1,313
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iGuahan View Post
    Is it possible to activate/deactivate my keyboard theme through Winterboard along with the Mic?
    Hey... No.

    The actual keyboard itself is a market absolutely cornered by Color Keyboard.

    When iAcces was involved, WB was also involved, but the way Color Keyboard works, it's it's own theming platform like Winterboard. The only thing they can fight over at all are Popups, as Color Keyboard chosen Popups will be overridden by Popups present in a WB theme's UIImages folder. Lol

    Other than that, the Color Keyboard Settings app has to be used for all Theme/Popup/Plugin arming and disarming.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-26-2013), Jato_BZ (03-30-2013)

  22. #572
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Okay, thanks for clearing that up. It just seemed kinda strange that Mic's can be armed through Winterboard and not the whole Keyboard itself. Another thing, I used the Background Image Method and for the Mic's, the word "Done" would show up when the "done image" was pressed, thus overlaying on top of it. Is there a string or some type of work around? I thought it was just the way I did the images, but then I took a look at your WP7 themes and it's the same.

    And also, when in Mic mode, either in portrait or landscape, and then rotated without leaving it, it changes the resolution of the images and making it all funky. Maybe it's just the downside of using the Background Image Method.

  23. #573
    Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Nose deep in a plist...
    Posts
    652
    Thanks
    1,313
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

    Yeah, the mic thing is one set of many similar images that are usually included in a WB theme to cover all Virtual Assistant mic activity indication... I only ever worried about the ones that show in the KB-based Dictation mode... Lol

    The other couple bits you mentioned are all known, annoying bugs for sure...

    They're piling up...

    Reading back a few pages you'd probably find them all talked about several times.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

    Alfroggy (03-26-2013), iGuahan (03-25-2013)

  25. #574
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    I don't mind it being a little big buggy, but hopefully those who do use theme and keyboard theme wouldn't mind either. Thanks again!

  26. #575
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    personally I believe that Siri was created for the lazy people, the only time its convenient is when your trying to type while driving or to spell a word
    not that im trying to push texting and driving but you can use siri to text someone without taking your eyes off the road, thats partly what it was made for

    i find siri always pops up when trying to get out of an app or open the multitasking bar and the phone lags and thinks im trying to access siri so i changed siri's activation to a triple tap and made home hold to multitasking bar, no issues since

  27. #576
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Hey, I'm trying to send my keyboard theme into the Repo as a zip file along with my main theme. So inside the Zip file would be what exactly according to the CK?

  28. #577
    iPhone? More like MyPhone kenzodragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    182
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 240 Times in 89 Posts



    I'm lost in Code. Can't find the tiny line above the selected accent popup. :/ I'm sure that is UIKBColorKeyBlueRow3Highlight but I can't find any blue-ish color HEX code except for the selected popup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Color Keyboard Guide-img_1619.png  
    Last edited by kenzodragon; 04-01-2013 at 04:46 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @yuki_o7

  29. #578
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    IM sorry im learning how to do this... how can i get that phat blue 2 has my keyboard or phat red please i love those keyboards! Thank you

  30. #579
    Theme Creator Bacardi85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,312
    Thanks
    7,299
    Thanked 15,803 Times in 4,085 Posts



    Can anyone know how to fix the Gray line just a the top of my keyboard? i will apreciate the help.. its so annoying i didnt find anything

    thanks in advance

  31. #580
    iPhone? More like MyPhone kenzodragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    182
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 240 Times in 89 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi85 View Post
    Can anyone know how to fix the Gray line just a the top of my keyboard? i will apreciate the help.. its so annoying i didnt find anything

    thanks in advance
    UIKBColorBackgroundStandardLine1 or UIKBColorBackgroundStandardLine2, one of these two I don't know which one. Just edit them to have a zero alpha channel.
    Follow me on Twitter: @yuki_o7

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts