Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Color Keyboard Guide

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

well i got the done button themed
    -img_6977.png
    no idea how, i haven't changed anything since my last post when i pasted the plist file, i tested it and its not from winterboard, its part of the plist, however i think it uses the same plist as another item
    -img_6978.png

my done button only appears when theres something in the search bar, yeah thats on purpose
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_6976.png  
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 02-28-2013 at 01:36 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-28-2013), Phatmartino (03-04-2013)

Thanks

Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 03-01-2013 at 02:13 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-01-2013), Phatmartino (03-04-2013)

Ok, quick question: I want to create a keyboard like this:

I need multi language support so i guess the method wakeenaushad used with static images won't work?
    Is there another method that allows for this level of customisation?
    If yes, is there a simple theme/template where one can begin to explore things?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Andreas Larsen For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Larsen View Post
    I need multi language support so i guess the method wakeenaushad used with static images won't work?
    Wow, beautiful render!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-04-2013)

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Hey!

Agreed, that IS absolutely great looking!!

Yeah, the method wakeenaushad used is the least versatile, really it's not at all versatile as far as international compatibility...

The simplest (method which only substitutes the iOS code that "creates" the native keyboard using a .plist ), is fully compatible with absolutely all international variations... Though it's the most limited as far as "design" possibilities, it may be all you really need to get almost that exact look actually... The only drawback right now is that iOS 6 brought a few new "parts" that the ColorKeyboard.plist can't seemingly theme for now...

The most obvious part is a huge new white "highlight" at the top of the kb, as well as strange light highlights on the sides of all keys, and the top of a few keys like Space...

It seems like those parts may require an update to the Color Keyboard tweak to gain control of them...

Anyway, you could try that method and see what it looks like at least, and could also include a little code to have one image (for Port and Land) that only includes the white BG with the Orange line, etc...

Let me know if you specifically want to get familiar with the CK.plist, or if you'd particularly like me to plug in the colors to show you what it could look like... I'd even personally grab a copy of one of the default themes that comes with CK called Phatmartino_Blue_G1 myself to tweak some code... They're already set up with the Qwerty and Secondary keys colored differently like you're example... Would just take some tweaking.

I had also tried to base the section of this guide called Hex Color Method on the setup of those plists... Could help to take a quick swim through the first two posts if you're interested...

Happy to answer any questions at all and/or do a quick bit of coding if you're not feeling up for taking a dip...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-05-2013), Andreas Larsen (03-04-2013)

@phatmartino - thanks for reply and the willingness to help.

Sound like the HEX method would work ok? A couple of white highlights isn't that big a concern since the design is quite white.

I know CSS and are used to working in plist files, so wouldn't be to hard, no?

I will be very thankful if you would create/edit/code/send me a keyboard theme .plist styled and with a plain image background.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andreas Larsen For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-05-2013), Phatmartino (03-04-2013)

Thanks

@phatmartino - thanks for reply and the willingness to help.

Sound like the HEX method would work ok? A couple of white highlights isn't that big a concern since the design is quite white.

I know CSS and are used to working in plist files, so wouldn't be to hard, no?

I will be very thankful if you would create/edit/code/send me a keyboard theme .plist styled and with a plain image background.

Yes... especially after taking just a quick poke at it, I think it will work pretty well. Those highlights (other than the white line at the top of the kb) do seem to dissapear with the white/light keys/BG...

A little more tweaking to do... One of the few things... Let me know what you had in mind for the normal Popups (not the accented one pictured, that's nearly all that can be done with those, but for the regular Num/Sym Popups), mainly Let me know what color you'd like the Text to be...

I suppose let me know if you think the overall look will work, too.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-05-2013), Andreas Larsen (03-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    Yes... especially after taking just a quick poke at it, I think it will work pretty well. Those highlights (other than the white line at the top of the kb) do seem to dissapear with the white/light keys/BG...

A little more tweaking to do... One of the few things... Let me know what you had in mind for the normal Popups (not the accented one pictured, that's nearly all that can be done with those, but for the regular Num/Sym Popups), mainly Let me know what color you'd like the Text to be...

I suppose let me know if you think the overall look will work, too.
    Hi, thanks for the effort - I can't see the image though (look who's popular).
    As for the color of the popups I'm not sure I get exactly which ones you are talking about.

Thanks

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andreas Larsen For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-05-2013), Phatmartino (03-05-2013)

Thanks

upload the photo to box.com

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-05-2013)

Thanks

Hey, apologies... I hadn't noticed that happens in mobile mmi...

Here's that first one again:

Here's the normal Popup (unthemed):

The extended (accented) Popup shown in the first screen is untheme-able itself (the big white actual Popup) and obviously the individual Keys on that Popup can be colored as desired... I have to say btw, I've never seen that accented Popup fit it quite so well with any theme before! Lol

So, it could work to leave the normal Popups (second screen) native to match the accented version and keep things nice and uniform...

All depends on whether you're even cool with the more 3D look in general, as all Drop Shadows that can be seen in these screens (Keys on the kb, as well as at least the accented Popup) can't be made transparent using the Hex Color Method...

Hopefully these work... I ended up upgrading photobucket... I didn't know how popular I was... lol

No, I have a ton of images posted all over the place that I wouldn't want to start dissappearing... didn't know about "bandwidth limits??". Lovely.

Let me know what you think.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    Hey, apologies... I hadn't noticed that happens in mobile mmi...

Here's that first one again:

Here's the normal Popup (unthemed):

The extended (accented) Popup shown in the first screen is untheme-able itself (the big white actual Popup) and obviously the individual Keys on that Popup can be colored as desired... I have to say btw, I've never seen that accented Popup fit it quite so well with any theme before! Lol

So, it could work to leave the normal Popups (second screen) native to match the accented version and keep things nice and uniform...

All depends on whether you're even cool with the more 3D look in general, as all Drop Shadows that can be seen in these screens (Keys on the kb, as well as at least the accented Popup) can't be made transparent using the Hex Color Method...

Hopefully these work... I ended up upgrading photobucket... I didn't know how popular I was... lol

No, I have a ton of images posted all over the place that I wouldn't want to start dissappearing... didn't know about "bandwidth limits??". Lovely.

Let me know what you think.
    Fantastic work! It's actually quite close to what I've imagined - I'd like to tweak some of the shadows and colors/gradients but I think I would have to have the file and do it my self - a bit of trail and error on the visual part, so if you could send it to me?

The circul8 theme is free btw so I don't earn any money on it and can't pay you for the effort.
    I ask users to donate to Doctors Without Borders to get the fully themed UI but I can send it to you if you pm me your email.

Again, thank you so much - would have taken me days

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andreas Larsen For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-06-2013), Phatmartino (03-06-2013)

Hi again and thank you very much for the theme. Below is a screenshot from my phone. A couple of questions.

1) It's not possible to change the "drop shadow" of the normal keys in any way with the plist is it?
    2) The UIKBColorBackgroundStandardLine1+2 is set to transparent but it they still appear? - I also tried to change them to orange, but that didn't work either. Is this a colorkeyboard bug or am I missing something? (Orange line is supposed to be 6 px)
    3) The white hightlight on the grey keys - that couldn't be changed either, no?

I havn't looked in to the popups yet. Need some sleep

Modified plist: Droplr • ColorKeyboard.plist

Is it possible to add custom background to this keyboard view?

Thanks

how did u do this?
    what cydia app is this or is this on a mac or windows computer?

Open this :http://colorkeyboard.9eye.net/making...attredirects=0 on you iPhone and open/install with ifile and respring

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andreas Larsen For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-07-2013), BenderRodriguez (03-08-2013)

Thanks

Open this :http://colorkeyboard.9eye.net/making...attredirects=0 on you iPhone and open/install with ifile and respring
    I FOUND THE White lines issues
    In standard mode they appear on the sides, in Alert mode they appear on the bottom
    so what is changing?

PS. the only way i was able to install that was to use Cyberduck and place it in Cydia Auto Install then reboot

Thanks

Hi again and thank you very much for the theme. Below is a screenshot from my phone. A couple of questions.

1) It's not possible to change the "drop shadow" of the normal keys in any way with the plist is it?
    2) The UIKBColorBackgroundStandardLine1+2 is set to transparent but it they still appear? - I also tried to change them to orange, but that didn't work either. Is this a colorkeyboard bug or am I missing something? (Orange line is supposed to be 6 px)
    3) The white hightlight on the grey keys - that couldn't be changed either, no?
    Hey! Glad you're liking it in general... I have some answers, few of them the answers you want to hear... Lol.

1) No, unfortunately with this method which uses code to create the Keys, the drop shadows have never been changeable... I know you're going for the totally flat look, but that would basically require one of the methods where at least the Keys are on a series of Background Images...

2) This is the most reported and obviously glaring iOS 6 bug that plagues all theming methods. It's a partially translucent new part, separate from the UIKBColorBGStandard/AlertLine1/2... It can react differently depending on what's underneath it. Stinker, and I hope fixable with a CK tweak update???

3) This is a slightly less noticeable (usually) and also new iOS 6 "bug" or new "part" that is not controllable by the CK.plist as far as I've tested, guessed, etc... They are only present on the Function Keys, and are separate from the good ol' HighlightColor.

Every time new parts have been added in a new iOS version, YS Kim has always updated the tweak and/or let us know a new set of definitions... I'm never sure if the tweak's code has to be updated, or we just need to be told what definitions the iOS is able to use... Either way I always take 1000 guesses just in case. No luck with any of these strange new parts.

Yes, absolutely!

Although, it's got a few quirks like everything else...

You can include 2 more images (1 Port, 1 Land), that have the "Keys" on them and the same BG, etc... Though there is a "Grid" that has never been themeable, and you'll see overtop of the BG image. It's very similar to that new White Line at the top of the normal kb. It's a Grid made up of 2px wide lines, but 1px of each line is translucent.

All image based NumberPads for CK are generally designed to space the Keys according to that typically poorly plotted Apple design... should there be a comma between two consecutive adverbs? Lol

Using 2 images this way, I suppose the plist controlled text (which is what's shown in your screen above) would also help determine the sizing of your keys on the images...

If you specifically wanted to go all out, or can't work with the iOS text as it is... 10 images can be made (5 Port, 5 Land)... that includes the needed text right on the images as well...

I hadn't hit it yet, but it looked like you posted a copy of your currently altered plist... I'll take a look and can add the code for the NumberPad method of your choice, and you'll be able to arm the theme, use CK_Tester to take a screen of exactly what the grid looks like over your particular BG color, and design the Keys onto the images as you see fit.

Let me know your thoughts, happy to help however possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    In standard mode they appear on the sides, in Alert mode they appear on the bottom
    so what is changing?

PS. the only way i was able to install that was to use Cyberduck and place it in Cydia Auto Install then reboot
    Yeah, the little "highlights" or whatever they'd be called on the Alert kb under the Keys have always been there (and unthemeable at least for plist only themes...) and it seems like the "new" highlights on the sides of the Standard mode Keys are the same kind of thing. At least for now we just don't know what to call 'em... so to speak. Lol.

That's the kind of thing I mentioned earlier, where if it's unthemeable, I've tried taking many guesses and resprung 1000 times, at least trying to see if it's something that could already be themeable and we just need to figure out what they're called... Not sure if new definitions have to be added to the ColorKeyboard tweak in an update when these things come up, or if it's just a matter of looking into the iOS names...

PS. That (or any) .deb file if accessed in iFile, can be clicked, and choose [install] as well...

PPS. That CK_Tester is mentioned toward the beginning of the first post... I was feeling kind of guilty leaving it mentioned when it stopped working as of iOS 5.1... Now it works again on iOS 6...? Yay!!! It's an awesome app... I used to have a beta version that allowed Landscape mode, that stopped working for me on iOS 6, so it's back to the released version that's only Portrait. Still very useful!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-07-2013), Andreas Larsen (03-06-2013)

Hi, it would be great if you'd prepare the plist for the 2 more images solution

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    In Standard mode they appear on the sides,
    In Alert mode they appear on the bottom,
    so what is changing?

Hi, it would be great if you'd prepare the plist for the 2 more images solution
    ^ I agree, any ideas on what the code might be?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (03-08-2013)

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast