+ Reply
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Color Keyboard Guide

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Thanks Bryan for pointing us to the bugs, for finding workarounds and proposing your help for fixing our prefered themes. Thanks again.
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,544 Times in 3,912 Posts

Thanks Bryan for pointing us to the bugs, for finding workarounds and proposing your help for fixing our prefered themes.

Thanks again.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (02-17-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Any One figure Out Anything New Yet?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What is the control state that controls the pressed siri dictation key? I am guessing it is 3.

And what is the color name of the key in corresponding dictionary that controls the "done" and pencil "symbol" in pressed mode?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wakeenaushad For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (02-19-2013)

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wakeenaushad View Post
    What is the control state that controls the pressed siri dictation key? I am guessing it is 3.

And what is the color name of the key in corresponding dictionary that controls the "done" and pencil "symbol" in pressed mode?

Hey, sorry I missed a short spell on the CK threads... So much to do I'm going out of my mind...

As far as template images for iP5 Landscape...

I have things worked out in general, but with 3 different theming methods, their varying related images, and different little plist bugs with all 3... Yikes.

I've been using a Double (or Half?) Hybrid method lately myself, with plist controlled text on the qwerty keys, and secondary text/symbols on the images...

I just can't stand the iOS Shift and Delete arrows. Lol

I'm totally set up for that, but would need to provide a fair amount of instructions on what to do, and it takes 108 BG images... I'm just guessing that'll be a turn-off for most.

The normal Hybrid method, I need to get back into and make sure I'm up on and set up for...

That method's taking... I can't even think... Maybe 40-50 images... Need to brush up.

For either, I need to get plists together that are set up for my image names, and have a solid template of Custom Color arrays, etc...

To at least answer your questions from this post as best as can be...

The pressed state of any/all DisplayTypes is ControlState=1 (barring specific 4,6,7 instances for Shift and Variant Popup keys, etc.)

The Siri "done" key changed with iOs 5 and shares the values set for DisplayType=String (whether CState 1 or 3)

^^
    This is where CK theming started to just slightly go downhill... At least when using DisplayType arrays. More and more things are sharing values which takes away from versatility. The Emoji kb used to be rock solid as long as you didn't specifically use DisplayType=Emoji... Now as of iOS 6, the Globe and Delete arrow on the Emoji kb share values set for the ones on the normal kb... the Emoji DisplayType doesn't seem to respond at all now.

Not the fault of CK, nor could CK be updated to change value sharing, probably only to comply with it where needed...

On the other hand, all the strange new "highlight" parts could probably be added to CK's repertoire if that's needed ... I don't even know if all we need is for YS Kim to look into and find the new definitions for us, or if the tweak needs to be updated with that info too...

Whichever is needed, I'm dreading the literal thousands and thousands of BG images I still need to make just to update themes for i5, all to be covered with unsightly plist bugs right out of the box... especially if the CK tweak is just going to continue to degrade from here on out.

I'm continuing to go crazy out of my mind for the state of CK theming as I'm able, but wearing a little frown...

... I'll get some image reference materials posted as soon as I can, though!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-20-2013), Jahooba (02-19-2013), wakeenaushad (02-19-2013)

Thanks

The problem i am facing is that the "Done" key is transparent except for the "pencil" in the unpressed state, however in pressed state it becomes visible as in default ios 6 keyboard along with "done" and "pencil". I want the pressed state to be just like unpressed i.e., foreground and "done" color to be transparent, while still retaining the "pencil".

I have tried every possible thing but to no avail. Will try out what u suggested.
    However, if that fails, can i upload a copy of my plist and may be u can have a look at it?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wakeenaushad For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (02-20-2013)

Thanks

The problem i am facing is that the "Done" key is transparent except for the "pencil" in the unpressed state, however in pressed state it becomes visible as in default ios 6 keyboard along with "done" and "pencil". I want the pressed state to be just like unpressed i.e., foreground and "done" color to be transparent, while still retaining the "pencil".

I have tried every possible thing but to no avail. Will try out what u suggested.
    However, if that fails, can i upload a copy of my plist and may be u can have a look at it?
    Yes, absolutely... Actually if you want to upload it sooner than later, your last post told me more fully what you're trying to do, and I think I have a few more answers that I could try real quick, and then explain if it works the way I hope it will... This is one of those shared value things that could take some playing around to find the right mix with the rest of your plist...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-20-2013), wakeenaushad (02-20-2013)

Thanks

Got it, will try to upload asap!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wakeenaushad For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (02-20-2013)

Thanks

Well i tried changing dictionary values for display type string and control state 1, and found that string is shared not only by symbols/qwerty but also by popups and variant popups

The link to my plist is "https://www.dropbox.com/s/gib5ama6myrldox/ColorKeyboard.plist"
    Want to keep it as it is except for what i described in the earlier post.

TIA xD

15. The Following User Says Thank You to wakeenaushad For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (02-20-2013)

Thanks

Well i tried changing dictionary values for display type string and control state 1, and found that string is shared not only by symbols/qwerty but also by popups and variant popups

The link to my plist is "https://www.dropbox.com/s/gib5ama6myrldox/ColorKeyboard.plist"
    Want to keep it as it is except for what i described in the earlier post.

TIA xD
    TRY this, whats in bold is considered as comments because its inside <!--HERE-->

<!--ReturnKey INSIDE --><string>SecondarySymbol</string>
    <!--WHITE--><string>FFFFFFFF</string></array><array>

<!--ReturnKey OUTLINE--><string>SecondaryHlight</string>
    <!--BLUE--><string>005CFCFF</string></array><array>

<!--ReturnKey Background TOP--><string>SecondaryFGbegin</string>

<!--ReturnKey Background Bottom--><string>SecondaryFGend</string>

<!--Key Disabled (Enter)--><string>DisabledSymbol</string>

<!--Key Disabled Outline (Enter)--><string>DisabledEtch</string>

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-20-2013), Phatmartino (02-20-2013), wakeenaushad (02-20-2013)

Thanks

U mean add these in the customcolor?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to wakeenaushad For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (02-20-2013)

Thanks

those are in the ColorKeyboard.plist, if there not in yours yes add them, the color is set for a blue return key with no shadow and no words when its not clickable, when its clickable its white(Return Key White)

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-20-2013), Phatmartino (02-20-2013), wakeenaushad (02-20-2013)

Thanks

I added them and they didnt work and i suspected so becuz the plist already provides for transparent return keys. Its just the done key below the siri dictation mic in control state 1 (pressed) that is not transparent.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to wakeenaushad For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (02-20-2013)

Thanks

oh thats not for siri, idk how to do the Siri Button

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (02-20-2013)

Thanks

@wakeenaushad:

I tried a few things, and I think we'll have to settle for the done "Key" being taken care of (left transparent when pressed), but the actual "done" text is going to have to appear when pressed (thankfully this will much of the time appear under the user's thumb anyway).

Here's a new plist in case this will suffice:

wakeplist-phatedit.zip

Here's what I changed:

Basically the only thing that should have been needed was the new TrasparentForeground/True <key> in the second shown <array>...

For some reason after changing it, the Pencil started turning gray, so I added the SymbolSecondaryColor (which is what controls the actual pencil under DisplayType=String)...

To include SymbolColor for the "done" text, would also make the normal Popup Text transparent. I Even tried specifying by Row, just in case it was considered to be in the 4th by some stroke of luck... no go.

So this may be as much control of your specific needs as is possible. This <array> (with only the font size included) already existed before the one shown at the top of the above screenshot... so I moved it to be after that first shown <array>, allowing it's values to override it for this instance only.

Let me know your thoughts, and/or if you have any probs, etc...

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-20-2013), wakeenaushad (02-21-2013)

Thanks

well i think i ll remove the "done" from my keyboard image and settle for it to be rendered by ck. thanks!

Thanks

what happens if i specify font size as 0?

Thanks

what happens if i specify font size as 0?
    the text will be gone, but you probably need to say 0px

31. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

wakeenaushad (02-22-2013)

Thanks

is it possible to control done text size separately so that changing it doesnt affect the popup text...?

I just discovered a bug where if ur dictation mic is activated and u rotate the phone, the image doesnt properly rotate itself. This happens only if u r using background images. I was unable to replicate this in default keyboard (i.e color keyboard disabled or no themes applied).....
    Last edited by wakeenaushad; 02-22-2013 at 11:20 AM.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to wakeenaushad For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-23-2013)

Thanks

At last the CK is ready. It was made to go with EPHD2012 theme by barsoverbeats.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3d32hf9sa...by%20wakee.zip

Do hit back on what u guys think abt it.

Last edited by wakeenaushad; 02-23-2013 at 03:45 AM.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wakeenaushad For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-23-2013), Phatmartino (02-24-2013)

Thanks

At last the CK is ready. It was made to go with EPHD2012 theme by barsoverbeats.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3d32hf9sa...by%20wakee.zip

Do hit back on what u guys think abt it.
    Hey man, sorry I didn't catch this right away...

Totally awesome!!

Big props for going all out and (other than that darned "done" key...lol) using the monster method with all text on the images! I know what a ton of work that is, and you probably have the very first iPhone 5 compatible theme using that method!!

Looks great, and your huge effort (and willingness to share for free) are super appreciated!!!

Excellent work.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-24-2013), wakeenaushad (02-25-2013)