Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 34 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Color Keyboard Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    Thanks, and very interesting...

I'd since received another screen of this as well, and both make it look like this might in fact be a new "part" to the iOS kb.

It seems like it may only be an issue with themes who's "Keys" are created by the plist rather than included on Background images, as I've also seen a few screens so far of BG image based themes that don't show these "side highlights" unexpectedly... So at least the code that makes all "parts" transparent globally must thankfully cover this, but control of these new highlights for "plist only" themes could require an update to the Color Keyboard Tweak...?

That's it, I'm intrigued... Gonna go update now and I'll start to test as soon as I can.
    Thanks, looking forward to see how it develops.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cNone For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (02-07-2013)

Any progress on 6.1?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jags828 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (02-07-2013)

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Hey guys, I've done at least some testing regarding iOS 6...

It's kind of looking like the CK tweak may need to be updated to take care of the new Key and kb top Highlights...

I tried guessing at all possible naming I could think of with no luck.

I've also noticed some Symbols must have newly shared references, like some Emoji keys with image based themes...

Here's hoping we get a tweak update, or at least an update to the "known iOS code"...

Also, image based CK themes will need their Landscape images completely re-designed for iP5... The fun begins...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-07-2013), cNone (02-07-2013), cukhiem (02-13-2013)

I e-mailed the developer about any updates to CK HD and he hasn't replied.

Seems like it's abandoned.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt714 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (02-08-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matt714 View Post
    I e-mailed the developer about any updates to CK HD and he hasn't replied.

Seems like it's abandoned.
    He's mentioned being busier and busier over the last year or more, and wishing he had the time to put into CK/CKHD maintenance...

Hopefully we'll see an update, or at least some new info on the Project Site... There are a couple of noticeable new and/or changed iOS kb "parts" to get the plist lasso around, maybe that'll coax a little time spent...

Since I'm posting... Anyone with an iPhone 5, and are familiar through normal use, with an instance they see of the Landscape NumberPad... Some Passcode Entry instance that allows orientation switching I guess?

I always had a copy of CK_Tester that I kept operational thru iOS 5, but it's not working on 6.1... That app was the only way I could get to a Land NumberPad...

If anyone actually knows, could you take a screen shot of it with No Color Keyboard theme armed?

HUGE thanks in advance!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-08-2013), cNone (02-08-2013)

Hi, Jahooba pointed me this way to see what i could do about getting the color keyboard landscape mode fixed for the i5

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-11-2013), Phatmartino (02-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaingun View Post
    Hi, Jahooba pointed me this way to see what i could do about getting the color keyboard landscape mode fixed for the i5
    Hey thanks!

Yeah, every image-based Color Keyboard theme will need a new version for i5, with all Landscape images needing to be redone from scratch in most cases...

At first glance, I thought they just used the same i4 configuration of keys, and only extended the background... But in typical Apple fashion, they made all keys wider... but not wide enough to fill the entire canvas... weird. There are also many key alignment eyesores if you take a close look at the new native i5 Land Kbs... So silly. R.I.P.S.J

Anyway, there's a literal mountain of updating to do... I have many I'll be updating myself including Ntech, auros, IO, XiD, WP7CK, PhatBooks... but I'll try to get a sample model posted as soon as I can to try and help others who want to update...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-11-2013), cukhiem (02-13-2013), Jahooba (02-19-2013)

Cool, if you're doing Ntech i'm not even going to try, i have a headache already lol. Do you already have the stock keyboard images and such you'd need for the i5? J said you didn't have one yourself and i'd be happy to provide them if you need

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Can anyone help me, I just updated to ios6.1, from jailbroken on 5.1.1, I had colorkeyboard without a background but I cant seem to get it back like I had it, cany anyone help me put the transparent background?
    thnx

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Julieebean74 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (02-10-2013)

Here is the landscape keypad for the i5, unthemed. -img_0052.png used Web Forms 2.0 test page from my phone incase you need to replicate it for another keyboard

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaingun For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaingun View Post
    Here is the landscape keypad for the i5, unthemed. -img_0052.png used Web Forms 2.0 test page from my phone incase you need to replicate it for another keyboard
    Nice!!! I'll definitely check that link out! Thanks!!! That was the only thing I really still needed to see... I hoped that's what it would look and kinda proceeded assuming... awesome to know for sure. Much appreciated!!

I'll keep everyone posted as to i5 updates!

@Julieebean74: Hey, I'm sure we can get you set back up...

Did the theme you used have "keys" that we're visible, and just the Background behind the keys was transparent...? Or more like there was only the Text visible?

Let me know any more details about what it looked like if you can!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-11-2013)

IP4, IOS 6.1: Same issue with the key highlights and background images for landscape and portrait do not show anymore (even though I can select them from the settings). Got a custom background for my Pages theme which I made myself and which worked on my previous IOS 5.01 JB.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CloggieUK For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-11-2013), Phatmartino (02-11-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CloggieUK View Post
    IP4, IOS 6.1: Same issue with the key highlights and background images for landscape and portrait do not show anymore (even though I can select them from the settings). Got a custom background for my Pages theme which I made myself and which worked on my previous IOS 5.01 JB.
    Hey there!

Yeah, the new "highlights" on the sides of the keys and bottom of the Spacebar seem to be new parts that are either named differently than the dozens of educated guesses I've taken so far, or are going to actually require an update to the Color Keyboard Tweak to get control of them in the plist...

As far as the Background images, did you have your CK theme pulling a single BG image for Portrait, and one for Landscape, included in the Theme folder and plist?

I hadn't noticed any problems with making the native BG transparent, or calling BG images via the plist or Settings.app...

Let me know if you can, exactly how you were set up. Happy to help if possible!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-11-2013), henftling (02-16-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    Hey there!

Yeah, the new "highlights" on the sides of the keys and bottom of the Spacebar seem to be new parts that are either named differently than the dozens of educated guesses I've taken so far, or are going to actually require an update to the Color Keyboard Tweak to get control of them in the plist...

As far as the Background images, did you have your CK theme pulling a single BG image for Portrait, and one for Landscape, included in the Theme folder and plist?

I hadn't noticed any problems with making the native BG transparent, or calling BG images via the plist or Settings.app...

Let me know if you can, exactly how you were set up. Happy to help if possible!
    Nope, I pull the images from the Backgrounds_Landscape and Backgrounds_Portrait folders (so each contains an image). I normally set them in the CK settings as custom background, landscape and portrait for Standard as well as Alert).

No background image currently in the plist (although I tried calling them that way and also copied the two images in the theme folder where the plist is held as I wasn't sure where CK looks for images called from the plist).

28. The Following User Says Thank You to CloggieUK For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (02-11-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CloggieUK View Post
    Nope, I pull the images from the Backgrounds_Landscape and Backgrounds_Portrait folders (so each contains an image). I normally set them in the CK settings as custom background, landscape and portrait for Standard as well as Alert).

No background image currently in the plist (although I tried calling them that way and also copied the two images in the theme folder where the plist is held as I wasn't sure where CK looks for images called from the plist).
    Ahh, ok now I've got it...

As everyone knows, the iOS kb is made up of all code created parts, and any images used (whether plist or Settings app applied), reside under all those code created parts, and said parts need to be made transparent in order to see the image underneath...

I didn't get at first that what's broken is the functionality that the Settings app BG image application used to provide... automatically making the iOS Code Gradient BG transparent for us when images were armed...

That stinks, and should be fixed for average users who just like to mix it up or do their own thing for sure...

But in the meantime, I can edit your plist for you if you like, so that it makes the iOS code BG transparent, and also calls your 2 images right from the Theme's folder, where you had tried to put them (that was correct).

If you can post a copy of your plist, or send me a copy at:

[email protected]

I'd be happy to help out if desired...

Unfortunately as far as the Key highlights, we'll have to wait for an appearance from the true CK Master...

P.s. I've heard talk that CKHD is incompatible with iOS 6.1...?

Anyone else that has seen this to be true (or not)?

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-11-2013), CloggieUK (02-11-2013), henftling (02-16-2013)

Attached the plist and the Ls and Por images I use for both iPhone-Standard and iPhone-Alert. Zipped the plist up.

ColorKeyboard.zip

-pages-portrait.png

-pages-landscape.png

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-12-2013), CloggieUK (02-11-2013)

Took a little while as I had to do it directly on the iPhone via iFile as I am not near my PC. But it worked perfectly!! Thanks for your help!! Now need to get the crazy highlights sorted

-image.jpg
    Last edited by CloggieUK; 02-11-2013 at 05:43 PM.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CloggieUK For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-12-2013), Phatmartino (02-12-2013)

Default Not working in Cydia
    The keyboards aren't working in apps like iFile & Cydia, any fix for this?
    Last edited by audioteck818; 02-13-2013 at 04:27 AM.

Default Change the space bar to whatever you want it to say
    Ok so every jailbreak that comes out I always try to find a way to change the space bar to my own custom word. I figured it out on this latest version 6.1 and have attached pics to show the results and the path you need to go through to get the desired result.
    In ifile you go to system/library/TextInput/TextInput_en.bundle then open that file with the plist option scroll down to where is says UI-Space and change it to whatever you want. Obviously if your language is something other than en (english) you would choose that file instead. Hope some people get some use of this, I know its a silly tweak but I figured I would share anyway!!!!!-photo-feb-13-5-32-30-am.png-photo-feb-13-5-33-43-am.png-photo-feb-13-5-34-13-am.png

"We are sheep among wolves, be wise as serpents yet innocent as doves"
    Gone Baby Gone

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bostonguy3737 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-13-2013), henftling (02-16-2013), jayjOka (02-18-2013), Phatmartino (02-13-2013)

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 34 ... LastLast