+ Reply
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 33 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Color Keyboard Guide

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Thx a lot Phatmartino. Very happy with my CK and the "hybrid" hybrid method . I think i cover a lot of things/variants, your guide and all the thread is
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,488 Times in 1,500 Posts

Thx a lot Phatmartino. Very happy with my CK and the "hybrid" hybrid method .

I think i cover a lot of things/variants, your guide and all the thread is just awesome. Lot of information and i learned a lot on CK theming.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-18-2012), cukhiem (11-20-2012), henftling (11-18-2012), Phatmartino (11-19-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,488 Times in 1,500 Posts

Hi all !

TOPAZ COLORKEYBOARD THEME :

Thx a lot to Phatmartino for his help ! An awesome guy !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n3tnt1ynz...orKeyboard.zip

Will be included in the next update of ToPaz.

Dacal
    Last edited by Dacal; 11-18-2012 at 12:16 PM.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dacal For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-18-2012), cukhiem (11-20-2012), henftling (11-18-2012), Phatmartino (11-19-2012)

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dacal View Post
    Hi all !

TOPAZ COLORKEYBOARD THEME :

Thx a lot to Phatmartino for his help ! An awesome guy !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n3tnt1ynz...orKeyboard.zip

Will be included in the next update of ToPaz.

Dacal

Hey, sorry I didn't get notifications for the last few post...

Love the ToPaz CK themes, and the way you executed them is totally awesome!!!

Very original thinking, and you helped us all learn a few new tricks on top of providing some great new themes!!

Thank you!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-20-2012), cukhiem (11-20-2012), Dacal (11-19-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,137 Times in 2,345 Posts

Just want to thank you, Phatmartino for the awesome help and Have a good day.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cukhiem For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-20-2012), Dacal (11-20-2012), henftling (11-26-2012), Phatmartino (11-20-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,591 Times in 4,087 Posts

Phatmartino any chance you have a psd template for the ipad3 keyboard? Thank you
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (12-14-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNY29 View Post
    Phatmartino any chance you have a psd template for the ipad3 keyboard? Thank you
    Hey! Actually I do have some material that I got together and posted on the "Color Keyboard" thread for the "Hybrid" method on iPad 3. I was asked about it by a few people, and posted some material hoping to hear some feedback, as all my work with iPad CK theming was without having an iPad myself to be able to do my normal testing.

There are a few very minor bugs that I hadn't worked out, and seemed like they had to be bugs in the CKHD tweak... The biggest of which is the fact that it seems impossible to control the Shift Arrow, only when in "manual one-time" Caps state. The others involve Variant Popup "key" radius control in Split-mode, and Control over "Pressed" Key Foregrounds (transparency doesn't seem to work). This one may be more important to some as the iPad doesn't use Popups, so it would be nice to be able to show a key "change" that works well with the BG images. There are also issues with several NumberPads that need to be iPhone sized.

I guess I've kinda dragged my feet on really pushing this info out (which I had intended on doing in full force ), because I'm just enough of a perfectionist that after putting so much work into it, I didn't want this many flaws to be present right out of the gift wrapping, and I can't even get a response from the CKHD dev as to whether I may be overlooking things, let alone about possibly needed updating to the tweak.

Anyway, here's a copy/paste of the post I had made on the other thread:

This little zip contains 4 "themes". 2 are with Rounded Rectangles, 2 are Squared and one of each has only the Key Shapes surrounded by transparency, in case it would be helpful to anyone.

The same plist is in all 4, and I believe it should be good to go...? Can't be positive, but there's an .rtf file in the zip with quick explanation about altering the Custom Colors in the plist.

These are at iPad 3 resolution, and show the 120 images needed for iPad 3 compatibility.

Let me know how it goes... any problems, questions, etc!!

CKHD-Hybrid.zip

I've also come to realize that it may very well be necessary (looking towards full compatibility) to include an entire iPhone version's worth of BG images as well as plist image callouts for apps that aren't available at iPad resolution and run in that little iPhone sized area (as well as afore mentioned Numberpads [if they were actually working properly]).

Also, if anyone's interested in using it as a template for Full (Text on) Background Image Method, Here's a copy/paste of the PhatBook Air CKHD I kinda quitely posted there as well to get some user feedback:

Here are 4 different Qwerty versions... 2 for US and 2 for UK. I'm still working out how to name them after finding out I needed to make separate iPad 1+2 versions to deal with RAM issues, so bear with me...

iPad 3:

PhatBook Air CKHD [Qy-US].zip

PhatBook Air CKHD [Qy-UK]

iPad 1+2:

PhatBook Air CK iPad 1-2 [Qy-US].zip

PhatBook Air CK iPad 1-2 [Qy-UK].zip

The iPad 3 version of this method takes more like 190 images, a little less for iPad 1+2 compatibility.

Anyone feel free to let me know how/if anything works... any testing or debugging anyone might be able to attempt would be hugely appreciated!!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-14-2012), GUNNY29 (12-14-2012), henftling (12-24-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,591 Times in 4,087 Posts

Sweet man ill have a look and let you know of any bugs if I come across them.

I appreciate all you have done in terms of getting color keyboard themes to where they are and helping themers out which ultimately gives me a better product to purchase.
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GUNNY29 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-14-2012), henftling (12-24-2012), Phatmartino (12-14-2012)

Thanks

I appreciate all you have done in terms of getting color keyboard themes to where they are and helping themers out which ultimately gives me a better product to purchase.

Absolutely!

Hey, I'm silly and wasn't thinking you had asked about PSD templates, which I can actually get you...

They may only be more useful than those template "themes" with a few particular stipulations...

They are for the Hybrid method specifically, and basically consist of a system of Groups in 4 PSDs (Land, Land-Split, Port, Port-Split) that include 3 available Key Shape layers for each Key (and I have PSDs for Rounded Rectangle as well as Squared Keys), and contain all Keys for all images needed for each's orientation. So every Key's "Layer 1's" are Grouped, every Key's "Layer 2's", etc...

So if you were to be able to achieve the look you want by applying Styles to pre-existing, 3-Layered, simple R-Rectangles or Squared Rectangles, the Grouping allows for Actions I've recorded to "Save" all of the final images automatically, named properly for my plists.

If the "Keys" or some other aspects require more involved Shapes, etc. it may just be more involved becoming familiar with the Group structure and how it organizes all of the different sets of "shared" or "layout exclusive" Keys, and how it uses "Show/Hide" to build each layout. It's semi-versatile as I referenced only Group names in the Actions, so that layers of any other names can be put inside those Groups without "breaking" the Action script.

Another bugger is that I use a Windows PC, and these Actions reference a folder that can be put in place on C:

So anyone with a Mac will not be able to use these Actions without "Re-Recording" the Actions again on their machine, referencing a location that exists or they create in their / hierarchy (This can be made kind of easy with the "Record Again" function in the Ps Actions Pane, and a few instructions I could give if needed).

Anyway, I'd need to get some stuff organized, but let me know if that sounds interesting enough to check out and/or try to put up with.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-14-2012), cukhiem (12-24-2012), GUNNY29 (12-14-2012), henftling (12-24-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,261 Times in 1,111 Posts

+1000 and Thank you Gunny for testing for Brian.
    Ourself we have no iPad in our family but I guess the PhatBook Air CK would look incredible on a big retina screen!
    In case it is not too much work, please post a screenshot, I would love to see that beauty on a big screen.

and btw: MERRY Christmas to all of you and all the best for your families!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to henftling For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-24-2012), Phatmartino (12-25-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@Kenneth916:

Hey, i overlooked the obvious, as I'm used to trying to work around image related issues and quirks... Pretty silly of me, actually.

I think I have a version for you that doesn't have the Chinese keyboard "hole" problem. This is only fixable this way because the BG images you use are a solid color... In order to have those images be shown, the native iOS Background (which can be made a solid color or two color gradient in the plist), is made transparent by that code instead... So to remove the 2 new BG images and their plist callouts, and change the native Background code to be opaque again and the color of your BG's, solves the problem completely.

iMatte_Kenneth916_2.zip

As soon as I saw your question about whether any other themes might work, I thought: "yeah, plist only themes... wait a minute...".

So this code in the plist can be played around with if desired to tweak the BG color or make it a gradient:

<array>
    <string>UIKBColorBackgroundStandardGradientStart </string>
    <string>282828FF</string>
    </array>
    <array>
    <string>UIKBColorBackgroundStandardGradientEnd</string>
    </array>
    <array>
    <string>UIKBColorBackgroundAlertGradientStart</string>
    </array>
    <array>
    <string>UIKBColorBackgroundAlertGradientEnd</string>
    </array>

282828 was the Gray from your BG's that I eyedropped in Ps...

Let me know if you encounter any problems or have any questions!

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Phatmartino: Hey there! First time posting here after seeing your outstanding work modding the keyboard skins, and I have to say, you're quite the genius! I like how you managed to figure out the glitch with the international keyboard for the iMatte skin, but was wondering if you could do the same for the 'Android Black iOS5 Color Keyboard' skin as well? I tried tinkering around with the ColorKeyboard.plist as you did above but to no avail, and now I'm stuck figuring out what to do next. If you could possibly help me out here I'd be forever grateful!

Android Black iOS5 Color Keyboard

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintrospection For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-26-2013), Phatmartino (01-26-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,294 Times in 3,837 Posts

It's not possible dealing with that keyboard glitch the same way as Phatmartino did with iMatte's.

Due to the fact W7 uses background images with the keys drawn into them.

iMatte's keys are code generated instead (plist theme). Hence the advantage over image Color Keyboard themes.
    The theme I run is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.
    Free. For all devices.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (01-26-2013), wintrospection (01-27-2013)

Thanks

@wintrospection:

Hey there, thanks for the kind words! Truly appreciated, although Alfroggy is exactly right.

Any secondary keyboard which adds that white candidate bar above it, suffers from this glitch if BG images are used at all. It's one of several little quirks that have been reported to the author of Color Keyboard, and would require attention in an update to the tweak.

Like Alfroggy pointed out, the iMatte theme was an interesting example because all keys and text were plist code created, and the BG behind those elements was the only part that was originally an image...

It would be totally possible to create a "code only" theme like that iMatte became, applying all of the needed colors from the Android Black theme, but it would basically look like the iMatte image you quoted as far as key size/placement and Text/Symbols, etc... Basically it wouldn't be Android Black anymore, it would be an iOS kb with squared keys and Android black colors.

Let me know if you're interested enough in keeping your secondary kb functionality, and at least the color scheme of Android Black, that you'd like to see what it would look like. It's no problem and wouldn't take too much effort!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-26-2013), wintrospection (01-27-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the clarification Phatmartino! Although it's quite a shame that I can't just mimic the above mentioned steps in iMatte directly to the Android theme, it'd be AWESOME if I can even get the color scheme for it with the international (Japanese) keyboard functionality! If I could just kindly take a little of your time to whip up something, it'd be greatly appreciated as I think many people aside from myself will love to see a blacked out theme that works in conjunction with the international keyboard.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintrospection For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-27-2013), Phatmartino (01-27-2013)

Thanks

Hey, no prob at all!

Here's a quick bit of coding to emulate the Android Black color scheme at least... I also made the Font size smaller to try and keep at least another touch of the look...

Android Black code CK.zip

Let me know if it'll do the trick (or if you see anything I overlooked).

Oh, also... You could check out "WP7CK-Popups" in Cydia... It's a package with dozens of simple rectangle Popups to choose from. At least some of them might work color-wise, and some have simple borders to set them off from the keyboard. If you do, and find you'd like me to make a set that's a little more customized to your liking, just let me know, it's no prob at all!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-27-2013), wintrospection (01-28-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't thank you enough for this, Phatmartino! Suffice to say, you've just made my day!

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintrospection For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-28-2013), Phatmartino (01-28-2013)

Thanks

Default Black original
    Hello;
    I know this is not a CK support thread but i couldn't find some info about CK anywhere else. After upgrading from 5.1.1 to 6.1 my CK themes screwed. all the keys have very thin border on them. In some cases (in biteSMS for example) they look what they should be. Is there anybody who is aware of this and know a solution?

Thanks in advance

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cNone For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-05-2013), Phatmartino (02-07-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cNone View Post
    Hello;
    I know this is not a CK support thread but i couldn't find some info about CK anywhere else. After upgrading from 5.1.1 to 6.1 my CK themes screwed. all the keys have very thin border on them. In some cases (in biteSMS for example) they look what they should be. Is there anybody who is aware of this and know a solution?

Thanks in advance
    Hey!

This is pretty much a CK support thread actually, so we'll see what we can figure out!

I'm not upgraded to 6.1 yet (and might not be for a day or two), but I'm really interested to know what your referring to!

Possibly a new "part" that needs to be covered by the plist code...?

Any chance you can post a shot of the anomaly so I can see it sooner than later?

Thanks!!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-05-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    Hey!

This is pretty much a CK support thread actually, so we'll see what we can figure out!

I'm not upgraded to 6.1 yet (and might not be for a day or two), but I'm really interested to know what your referring to!

Any chance you can post a shot of the anomaly so I can see it sooner than later?

Thanks!!
    Check your email

36. The Following User Says Thank You to jags828 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (02-07-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    Hey!

Thanks!!
    Wow
    Well then, I will be more than happy to provide a screenshot. So here it is:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Color Keyboard Guide-image.jpg  

38. The Following User Says Thank You to cNone For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (02-07-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cNone View Post
    Wow
    Well then, I will be more than happy to provide a screenshot. So here it is:
    Thanks, and very interesting...

I'd since received another screen of this as well, and both make it look like this might in fact be a new "part" to the iOS kb.

It seems like it may only be an issue with themes who's "Keys" are created by the plist rather than included on Background images, as I've also seen a few screens so far of BG image based themes that don't show these "side highlights" unexpectedly... So at least the code that makes all "parts" transparent globally must thankfully cover this, but control of these new highlights for "plist only" themes could require an update to the Color Keyboard Tweak...?

That's it, I'm intrigued... Gonna go update now and I'll start to test as soon as I can.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (02-05-2013)