Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Color Keyboard Guide

So

<dict>
    <key>EtchColor</key>
    <string>FFFFFFFF</string>
    <key>SymbolColor</key>
    <string>000000FF</string>
    <key>SymbolSecondaryColor</key>
    OOOOOOFF</string>
    </dict>
    </array>

Doesn't work?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to efi2nr For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (07-17-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by efi2nr View Post
    So

<dict>
    <key>EtchColor</key>
    <string>FFFFFFFF</string>
    <key>SymbolColor</key>
    <string>000000FF</string>
    <key>SymbolSecondaryColor</key>
    OOOOOOFF</string>
    </dict>
    </array>

Doesn't work?

No, at this point you're supposed to pull the colors you've NAMED in the Custom Color section where you make the color names match the respective hex code.
    Hence the strings in the tags you gave should show the color names rather than the codes.

In your case, you could name the EtchColor "PopEtch", and in your CustomColors portion of the code, refer it as being FFFFFFFF,
    and so on with SymbolColor, replacing the 000000FF bit in the code you posted with what you name this color, which might be "PopSymbol". Similarly, reference should be made so that the tweak knows what hex code applies to this name (dealt with in the Custom Colors part of the plist),
    and finally applying this same procedure to the SymbolSecondaryColor key which should be followed by the name you gave to that color in the Custom Colors bit of the theme... Name it "PopSymbol2" for example.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 07-17-2012 at 02:19 PM.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (07-17-2012)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-11-2012)

Thank you Phat ! !
    Very helpful again.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (07-19-2012)

Thanks Phat, that's exactly what I was looking for

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to efi2nr For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-11-2012), Phatmartino (07-19-2012)

Hey @Phatmartino, im having this problem for my keyboard when i change to chinese

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ssgepq35z...%2031%20AM.png

im using iMatte_4row_shelfBG4 with my own backgrounds which are:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9i0rhixpj...P_CK_verso.png for Portrait
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ykqyhidk00...L_CK_verso.png for Landscape..

Hope these information are clear enough!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kom1twtsx5...%2032%2018.png

and this problem when it should be all black but there is original color appearing..

TIA
    Last edited by Kenneth916; 07-19-2012 at 03:26 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenneth916 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (12-11-2012), Phatmartino (07-19-2012)

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth916 View Post
    Hey @Phatmartino, im having this problem for my keyboard when i change to chinese

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ssgepq35z...%2031%20AM.png

im using iMatte_4row_shelfBG4 with my own backgrounds which are:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9i0rhixpj...P_CK_verso.png for Portrait
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ykqyhidk00...L_CK_verso.png for Landscape..

Hope these information are clear enough!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kom1twtsx5...%2032%2018.png

and this problem when it should be all black but there is original color appearing..

TIA

Hey!

I think we'll be able to get you taken care of!

The iMatte themes are almost one of a kind, where BG images are used that have the keys on them, AND the native code controlled iOS keys are left visible over top of them...

Do I understand correctly that you arm you're own two BG images using the Color Keyboard Settings app by selecting them using "Customize Backgrounds"?

The Chinese keyboard issue you pictured is a known and so far un-fixable problem with themes that have the keys on the images, but may be fixable in your case by removing the BG images included in the theme as well as their plist callouts possibly, that way there will be nothing in the theme to override your custom BG's when you change to the Chinese keyboard.

The NumberPad problem in your last screenshot is also easily fixable in the plist...

I'm at work right now, but I have those themes already and I can try to get you a customized mod together this evening.

You're the keyboard man ! I used the resources you gave me to address kenneth916's numpad issue and I gave it up to leave him to you.
    I hadn't realized Kenneth required those actual coded keys as I wasn't told he was using his own background image through Color Keyboard's settings.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (07-19-2012)

Thanks

@Kenneth916:

Hey, I wasn't able to get things resolved as entirely as I'd hoped... but here's a fixed up version, for the moment at least (assuming I've understood everything correctly):

iMatte_Kenneth916.zip

I was able to create 2 new images with the Gray from your's (there was a bit of banding in the originals that I wasn't sure was intentional, and the Landscape image was a little smaller than it should be), and include them in the theme folder to reference them in the plist instead of any iMatte "Key" images ever being used (This way you also don't have to select them in the CK Settings app). It may be at least a little more visually pleasing regarding the Chinese kb problem...

...but is still dependent on what's being currently displayed under the keyboard in whatever app is open as far as the top area that's still transparent. I even tried making the 2 keyboard BG images the size of the entire display (640x960 / 960x640), and that's what's being used in this shot:

This problem which seems to move any BG image "in use", down by the height of that added candidate bar and leave a transparent "hole" there, like I said is a known issue that would have to be fixed somehow in an update to CK.

I was at least also able to take care of the NumberPad issue:

Let me know if there's anything I misunderstood, and or if you have any other questions!

@Alfroggy:

Again, as always... thanks for helping out!! Awesomelyness!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-21-2012)

Alrighty man! thanks for fixing the problem! cant wait for your new update to fix the chinese language thingy!
    One question, if i used another keyboard style.. would it fix the chinese "hole" problem or all keyboards are the same?

Again, Thanks man!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenneth916 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-19-2012), Phatmartino (07-21-2012)

As weird as it seems, Phatmartino is a Color Keyboard user (like no other), and not the developer of this tweak.
    @Phatmartino : you are awesomely exceptional . I hope you are of influence enough for Yoo Seung Kim to hear your suggestions.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (07-21-2012)

Thanks

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words! Every once in a while I am mistaken as the author of CK, only because I'm so oddly obsessed with it... understandable... Lol!

I am able to contact YS Kim (anyone is of course), who has taken suggestions and technical reporting like a champ throughout the life of the tweak, but has also seemingly been extremely busy outside of the JB realm recently (which can happen to all of us). There's only a few more recent bugs that aren't the end of the world or anything, so we'll get by in the meantime hopefully.

@Kenneth916:

Hey, i overlooked the obvious, as I'm used to trying to work around image related issues and quirks... Pretty silly of me, actually.

I think I have a version for you that doesn't have the Chinese keyboard "hole" problem. This is only fixable this way because the BG images you use are a solid color... In order to have those images be shown, the native iOS Background (which can be made a solid color or two color gradient in the plist), is made transparent by that code instead... So to remove the 2 new BG images and their plist callouts, and change the native Background code to be opaque again and the color of your BG's, solves the problem completely.

iMatte_Kenneth916_2.zip

As soon as I saw your question about whether any other themes might work, I thought: "yeah, plist only themes... wait a minute...".

So this code in the plist can be played around with if desired to tweak the BG color or make it a gradient:

<array>
    <string>UIKBColorBackgroundStandardGradientStart </string>
    <string>282828FF</string>
    </array>
    <array>
    <string>UIKBColorBackgroundStandardGradientEnd</string>
    </array>
    <array>
    <string>UIKBColorBackgroundAlertGradientStart</string>
    </array>
    <array>
    <string>UIKBColorBackgroundAlertGradientEnd</string>
    </array>

282828 was the Gray from your BG's that I eyedropped in Ps...

Let me know if you encounter any problems or have any questions!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-21-2012), wintrospection (01-26-2013)

How come I ain't even surprised at that 👆 ?
    You are WOAH !

Thanks Phatmartino

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (07-21-2012)

Omg man! YoUre the man! Fixed all the problem of my keyboard!!!

Thanks man! I appreciate the work! Really!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenneth916 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (07-24-2012)

Phatbook air theme to use with ikeywi (5 row)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by owlcityhootowl View Post
    Phatbook air theme to use with ikeywi (5 row)
    Hey, I kinda missed this one... Apologies!

It's possible to make a version for 5-Row... It would take some time (to get the time) to play around with it for the Phatbook specifically...

Let me know if you just leave the Numbers in the added top row. Because this theme has all text on the images, it won't be possible to customize what characters you want up there as iKeywi allows otherwise.

Let me know...

Thanks!

Is it possible to port the BB Storm Keyboard to ColorKeyboard? It worked great with earlier IOS.

-stormkeyboard.jpg

Default How do i create my colour keyboard folder? sorry new to this
    How do i create my colour keyboard folder? sorry new to this
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    That path is correct up through /ColorKeyboard, then:

/Backgrounds_Landscape/
    /Backgrounds_Portrait/

Should be able to use any filename as long as you have a .png and @2x.png version for each.

I'm no expert, but I can't get enough of this tweak so let me know any way I can help further if need be...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nawlinsborn73 View Post
    Is it possible to port the BB Storm Keyboard to ColorKeyboard? It worked great with earlier IOS.

Hey there!

Normally it would be me that would say, "absolutely, happy to help"... but unfortunately the only way I'm generally able to take on nearly every request I ever receive, is because I have a ton of different setups in Photoshop to tackle the needed images for most "normal" keyboards (basically meaning that at the very least, each Symbol has it's own Key). Lol.

This theme would require completely starting from scratch, which is an overwhelming ton of work to do it right (which I always stubbornly insist on)...

I would normally recommend trying to contact the original author, as they would have Ps source materials to work from, but if this happened to have been an iAcces theme, it's a completely different ball game these days on iOS 5+ and using CK.

iAcces themes at the time, worked properly with only around 12 background images... where now the bare minimum is in the 50's, and with text included on the images (which a few details in your screenshot imply is what's needed), it could take up to 108 background images.

Apologies, but the afore mentioned never ending filling of handle-able requests on top of providing general support, have had me steadily up to my neck in keyboard quicksand for quite a while now.

Though they're obviously nothing like the BB Storm, feel free to check out the links in my signature to try out the couple of themes I've had the time to release myself... The PhatBook Air specifically is at least a kind of similar set of colors if you're trying to match a WB theme...

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav450 View Post
    How do i create my colour keyboard folder? sorry new to this

Hey, no prob! Where I can, I'm really always happy to help!

My first question is whether or not you have the Color Keyboard tweak installed via Cydia...

If you do, the Color Keyboard folders are already on your device, though it can depend on the actual method you use to browse the root directory of your device, as to what the path actually is.

The true path is:

/var/mobile/Library/Keyboard/ColorKeyboard/

But at this point, most methods (iFile, iExplorer, iFunBox, etc.) have a few such locations that "shortcuts" are provided to...

So when using these methods, one can simply browse to:

/Library/ColorKeyboard/

But if you have Color Keyboard installed, and that short path doesn't get you there, you can always use the longer, first path I mentioned.

Once you've successfully browsed to the ColorKeyboard folder, it contains:

/Backgrounds_Landscape/

/Backgrounds_Portrait/

/Plugins/

/Popups/

/Themes/

Your theme should be in it's own folder, and that folder should be placed in /Themes/ (in the above directory tree).

The same goes for your Popup images, only their folder goes in /Popups/.

Let me know if this helps to get you there or not, and/or if further help is needed!

Thanks for the reply. It's not necessarily the theme that I like about that keyboard. It's the ease of use. The keys are bigger than a normal keyboard making typing MUCH easier and faster. I've looked at tons of CK keyboard and I haven't seen any keyboard with larger keys. Do you know of one off the top of your head?

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 30 ... LastLast