+ Reply
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Color Keyboard Guide

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hey, you might have noticed I replied on the other CK thread. I'm happy to answer any questions, and I'm also looking into iAcces porting. There are a few issues

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default .GIF as the background or link up an HTML for background
    COLORKEYBOARD- .gif as the background or link up an HTML for background
    Do you know how to put a .gif as the background or link up an HTML for the customized background? I am currently writing a superman theme and would like to include the following gif: http://www.mobileapples.com/Assets/C...supermanre.gif

im not talking about a normal .gif The one i am talking about contains 12 or 13 pictures, so it is animated. Putting the .gif in only shows the first picture. i have tried. It would be nice to maybe put a moving picture or video behind the keys. I have tried .mp4 and .mov as the file type but colorkeyboard doesn't register them as possible backgrounds.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hckyxc4pt4in For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-05-2011)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

hckyxc4pt4in (07-26-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

custom bg folder, i dont know too much coding, so the plist is kind of out of the question for me.

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 310 Posts

Well, I don't know at all if animation would be possible. My guess is that on the off chance that it is, it would take some clever coding.

Are you making a WB theme that you want a CK theme to match? If so (or if not) are you intending on packaging or is it just for your own use?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a Superman colorkeyboard addon(contains the colorkeyboard.plist, popups, and backgrounds) [thats it, no other theming like winterboard stuff]. I plan on submitting it to modmyi's repo, once finished. I have two out now on their repo (Black & Gold/Tan CK and Purple & Green Colorkeyboard). I just submitted a Captain America theme today though.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hckyxc4pt4in For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Thanks

Ok, I see. At the bare minimum I can show you exactly what to do in the plist to make a single bg image (meaning not animated) automatically be used when the theme is armed if you need to know how to do that. It's not much work at all. Let me know if you at least want to go that far barring figuring out the gif thing...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, If the code can be used with a .gif, otherwise no. Could you take the code they use for animated iPhone wallpapers (cycle pictures every second) and port it to colorkeyboard?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hckyxc4pt4in For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

hckyxc4pt4in (07-27-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone whosiao's Avatar
    Thanks

I got a question, what is ck01 and ck02?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to whosiao For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whosiao View Post
    I got a question, what is ck01 and ck02?
    Sorry, I really need to tidy up more still...

Those were just the names I gave to my custom colors for that specific plist. Don't know if you've downloaded that template from post 2 or if your just reading through all this for now, but in that plist I separated every possible part of every different theme-able key just to show as an example what all could be themed separately.
    In a lot of themes, those would be where the author used the color name "CKblue" for an example to name a hex color they defined.
    In general, I usually name the custom colors to describe what keys/parts they will theme so that I can make multiple copies of that plist and just change the hex codes to get multiple color variations of the same keyboard.

If you haven't, download the CK-Hex Code-Templates.zip at the beginning of the thread and take a look. They are a good example of naming your custom colors this way (the only difference in each of the 12 are the actual hex codes) and by all means keep asking as many questions as you have!

Happy to help!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (08-22-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone VerizonIphone4_help's Avatar
    Thanks

martino, i'd love for you to message me about arming a CK theme automatically when a WB theme is armed (least that's what i hope you meant a few posts back). If it's not just message me saying so

20. The Following User Says Thank You to VerizonIphone4_help For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not trying to be a burden, but have you figured out how to put a video or .gif (a series of pictures) as the background for CK?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to hckyxc4pt4in For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hckyxc4pt4in View Post
    Not trying to be a burden, but have you figured out how to put a video or .gif (a series of pictures) as the background for CK?
    No, nothing yet. I'd surely hit you if I had a breakthrough... In many ways CK is pretty rigid in it's usable parameters. Starting to wonder if we're lucky enough that we can use an image.

I've seen your keys in Cydia. Liking the superhero stuff! Looking good! I grabbed the Superman one to check out what you've got goin' on in your plists.

Unrelated but you can copy one of your Displaytype <strings> and only include "Shift" and use ControlState=6,7 to skin the shift key when pressed, and 4 if you want "caps on" to be the same, or make another copy for CState=4 to control it separately.

Let me know if you want any help with that, or even if you want me to spiff things up a bit for you.

Happy to help any way I can...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank You for the suggestions!! If you have any more, my ears are open.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to hckyxc4pt4in For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone whosiao's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you Phatmartino for this awesome guide. I have manage to create a keyboard which I want it to be. PS it took me around three days to actually understand. Good guide, and I believe you must have taken a lot of time to write this guide. Appreciated

27. The Following User Says Thank You to whosiao For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-05-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm looking for a popups that have pictures inside of them (not just colors or a design). I tried putting the same picture inside all of my popups for one of my themes and it looked great on the computer, but once on the iphone. the pictures inside of the popups were being mushed together. Do you know of any colorkeyboard themes that have pics in their popups? I cant find any.

Thanks

29. The Following User Says Thank You to hckyxc4pt4in For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-05-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whosiao View Post
    Thank you Phatmartino for this awesome guide. I have manage to create a keyboard which I want it to be. PS it took me around three days to actually understand. Good guide, and I believe you must have taken a lot of time to write this guide. Appreciated
    Hey, thanks! Glad to hear about anyone having success with CK, if I have helped I'm glad!

Quote Originally Posted by hckyxc4pt4in View Post
    I'm looking for a popups that have pictures inside of them (not just colors or a design). I tried putting the same picture inside all of my popups for one of my themes and it looked great on the computer, but once on the iphone. the pictures inside of the popups were being mushed together. Do you know of any colorkeyboard themes that have pics in their popups? I cant find any.

Thanks
    You've got all the right ideas, man! Unfortunately I just became aware more recently while porting a themer's iAcces keys, that the native popups (which defines how the CK popups will be used) are "fill" images that are all stretched as necessary. This goes even further than actual image use (which is what I first noticed this issue with) but it means that you will also have problems with any kind of horizontal definition. I've been real big on vertical gradients throughout my experience with CK which is why I didn't realize this until recently. Even a horizontal gradient is going to get chopped up.

About the only remedy for this is to make iAcces popups and require users to have it and arm the pops in Winterboard.

I personally recommend against iAcces for many reasons that I could get into if anyone really wants to know...

Keep trying to push the limits, though! They surely have gone further than the tweak intended already!

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (08-22-2011), whosiao (08-03-2011)

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I can't seem to find the string that controls the lines that overlay on the numberpad. Any idea what they might be?
    Color Keyboard Guide-img_0935-1-.png

33. The Following User Says Thank You to SirTimothy1 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (08-23-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SirTimothy1 View Post
    I can't seem to find the string that controls the lines that overlay on the numberpad. Any idea what they might be?
    Attachment 540319
    No. I've done quite a bit of testing, too. I kind of guessed it may be background related because it's all there is in the native beyond the keys. For the moment, the best I can tell you is to try to work around them. Maddening for me too. Not the worst thing in the world with grayscale but even with some color... Color Keyboard Guide-imageuploadedbymodmyi1312345013.646192.jpg

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

SirTimothy1 (08-02-2011)