Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Color Keyboard Guide

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrAcKzZZ View Post
    Ok Thanks man One more question, is it even possible to theme keyboards without CK on iOS5?
    Hey, I've only been around since the days when iAcces was the only way to theme the kb at all... Then Color Keyboard came along and saved everyone from the iAcces nightmare, and I've been in love with it ever since because (as far as I'm concerned) it's THE way to theme the keyboard. Aside from whether iAcces is iOS 5 compatible or not (which I don't know), there's no other way to touch the keyboard.

Yay CK!!!

Alright, im sure there must be SOME way that we can edit these damn keyboards manually but its probably very hard. Thanks for every Phatmartino, great talking to you again Ill keep an eye on the thread for the Alert Keyboard keys.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CrAcKzZZ For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (06-17-2012)

Theme Creator-Animation Coder Coop2009's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    Hey, I've only been around since the days when iAcces was the only way to theme the kb at all... Then Color Keyboard came along and saved everyone from the iAcces nightmare, and I've been in love with it ever since because (as far as I'm concerned) it's THE way to theme the keyboard. Aside from whether iAcces is iOS 5 compatible or not (which I don't know), there's no other way to touch the keyboard.

Yay CK!!!
    Hello bro how are you I sent you an email but you ain't got back to me lol i got sonething for you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Coop2009 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (06-17-2012)

Hi @Phat,

Hope you are well .

Sorry to bother you, sent you email regarding CK probs.
    Hope you can help.

Many thanks in advance.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chiki1973 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (06-17-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,389 Times in 2,985 Posts

Big props for this awesome guide, especially for a noob like me lol thank you very much, im trying to make my first keyboard, aint easy

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ReBourne For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (06-17-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,536 Times in 766 Posts

Hey was just wondering do u no what section the text colour is on iPad ? I cant seem to find any black colour in the plist yet my letters are all black

11. The Following User Says Thank You to high dB For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (06-17-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by high dB View Post
    Hey was just wondering do u no what section the text colour is on iPad ? I cant seem to find any black colour in the plist yet my letters are all black
    Hey, as far as I know, I believe that you should be able to pretty much use an iPhone plist for iPad with the inclusion of a few extra DisplayTypes to at least do plist only (no BG images)...

The iOS will look for the Style "iPad-Standard", and if it's not present "iPhone-Standard" will be used, or you could change "iPhone"-Standard to "iPad"-Standard wherever it's referenced in the plist if desired.

As far as the Text specifically, it's hard to say... I believe the iPad native Text is Black like iPhone, so it could be that any hex code problem in the plist is causing the native Black to be used...

Let me know if you're doing plist only, or actually using Bg images...

When YS Kim asked me to include the simple Phatmartino_G1 themes with ColorKeyboard, the couple DisplayTypes needed to be iPad compatible were added so any of them could be at least a reference...

Let me know if I can help in any way specifically...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

high dB (05-11-2012)

Thanks

Yes its just a plist CK theme as am not sure how to make a image one yet for iPad
    atm im having trouble getting all the rows to match up id like all of them like the top row on here really

and the text colour to be #909090 but am not really sure what am doing that much when it comes to making a plist colour keyboard theme

here is the plist also that ive got if you could take a look at it for me when u can then would be great thanks man
    ColorKeyboard.plist.zip

15. The Following User Says Thank You to high dB For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (06-17-2012)

Hi @ all,

thx for that great CK theme . But when i try to use it on my i4s, and select it in ColorKeyboard Settings,
    after the respring, i dont have any letter on my keyboard, when i press something the key pops up, but the
    rest of my keys are gone :/.

What do i wrong ?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to j0k3r For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (06-17-2012)

Thanks

Hey, the first thing to check is in your Plugins at the end of the list of your themes in the Color Keyboard Settings app...

Multiple "Plugins" can be armed at the same time, so check the whole list and make sure none (or the one you want) is armed.

This is the culprit in a lot of instances where a theme isn't working properly...

Let me know if you're specifically referring to the Black sample theme from the first post on this thread...

Give me a couple more details and we'll figure out what the problem is!

Thanks!

Hi.
    Thanks Phartmarino for putting your knowledge and art at our disposal.
    Such dedication is really impressive. I mean, this guide is just crazy complete.
    On trying to make a ColorKeyboard theme (not to be released, but for my personal use) I modded your Pink Nude plist.

Here is what it looks like now :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CustomColor</key>
    <array>
    <array>
    <string>UIKBColorBackgroundStandardLine2</string>
    <string>FFFFFF00</string>
    </array>
    <array>
    <string>UIKBColorBackgroundStandardGradientStart </string>
    </array>
    <array>
    <string>UIKBColorBackgroundStandardGradientEnd</string>
    </array>
    <array>
    <string>UIKBColorBackgroundAlertGradientStart</string>
    </array>
    <array>
    <string>UIKBColorBackgroundAlertGradientEnd</string>
    </array>
    </array>
    <key>Styles</key>
    <dict>
    <key>iPhone-Alert</key>
    <array>
    <array>
    <string>DisplayType=DynamicString,String,Space,T op-Level-Domain,Top-Level-Domain-Variant;ControlState=3</string>
    <dict>
    <key>EtchColor</key>
    <key>SymbolColor</key>
    <string>UIKBColorWhite</string>
    </dict>
    </array>
    <array>
    <string>*</string>
    <dict>
    <key>TransparentForeground</key>
    <true/>
    </dict>
    </array>
    </array>
    <key>iPhone-Standard</key>
    <array>
    <array>
    <string>DisplayType=DynamicString,String,Space,T op-Level-Domain,Top-Level-Domain-Variant;ControlState=3</string>
    <dict>
    <key>EtchColor</key>
    <key>SymbolColor</key>
    <string>UIKBColorWhite</string>
    </dict>
    </array>
    <array>
    <string>*</string>
    <dict>
    <key>TransparentForeground</key>
    <true/>
    </dict>
    </array>
    </array>
    </dict>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1339077020.355543.jpg
    I'm going to use a custom image as background. I'm happy with what appears on this screenshot underneath.

My issue is with the popup on pressing a key : it will be a dark popup image when themed and I'd like the letters on them to be white.

Can you please inform me of the modification my code needs in order to change the color of the font on the popups ?
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1339077037.403527.jpg
    Another question is regarding the highlight background on the selected symbol on the popup. How can it be customized to a color of my own ? Can an image again do this job ?
    -imageuploadedbymodmyi1339077055.451103.jpg

Thanks for taking of your time for reading so far. You understood I'm more an image themer than a coding one

Yours,
    Alex.
    Platform: iPhone3,1/5.1.1
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (06-17-2012)

Thanks

@Alfroggy: Hey, thanks for the kind words! Appreciated, and I'm always happy to help!

The pink nude plist isn't actually one of mine... That's one of the few that the author of Color Keyboard included as a default with the tweak.

There are a set of plist only themes of mine that are included with Color Keyboard called something like Phatmartino_Blue_G1, etc...

They are particularly set up with a little more detailed control already in place in their Custom Color <keys> that are named to more describe what they control...

What I can do actually is start with one of those and recreate what you've already got going on in your's, and add some more things that you'll probably want like control over Font size to contend with the BytaFont you're using... Maybe callouts to include your BG images (Portrait and Landscape) right in the theme folder if desired...

Let me know if you would what Bytafont that is actually, and I'll dl it to help get the Font sizes under control...

I'll of course also point out everything you'll want to know to be able to tweak things further if needed.

Thanks!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (06-07-2012)

Hi !
    I feel guilty to give you even more to work on after you made such a thorough tutorial so that we can understand how colorkeyboard works and how to achieve individual theming goals...
    @Alfroggy: Hey, thanks for the kind words! Appreciated, and I'm always happy to help!

What I can do actually is start with one of those and recreate what you've already got going on in your's
    You'd spare me much hassle though and I thankfully accept your generous offer. I'm trying to learn the basics of coding but I'm not advanced (nor meticulous) enough to apply your guidelines straight after reading your first post.

The pink nude plist isn't actually one of mine...
    I'm sorry about mistaking you with another author of the included CK themes 😓

and add some more things that you'll probably want like control over Font size to contend with the BytaFont you're using... Maybe callouts to include your BG images (Portrait and Landscape) right in the theme folder if desired...

Let me know if you would what Bytafont that is actually, and I'll dl it to help get the Font sizes under control...

I'll of course also point out everything you'll want to know to be able to tweak things further if needed.
    I'll gladfully stay tuned for your plist and advice for what I aim to do. Thank you for setting the bar higher than I aimed.

The keyboard font I opted for is Kobold, updated by bytafont for IOS 5+ (yeah, I've changed it since the first shot at doing this). Thanks so much again.
    If you wish I'll PM you a link to what I come up with once my phone's fully themed.
    Last edited by Alfroggy; 06-07-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (06-17-2012)

Thanks

@Phatmartino empty ur inbox plz

27. The Following User Says Thank You to high dB For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (06-17-2012)

Thanks

Any idea y the CK theme goes like this on the CK test app when I press the *#+ button on the bottom right ?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to high dB For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (06-17-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by high dB View Post
    Any idea y the CK theme goes like this on the CK test app when I press the *#+ button on the bottom right ?

Hey, I'm assuming you mean the native Bluish/Silver color of the upper unused Keys...

Those are covered by:

DisplayType=NumberPad;ControlState=2...

Which is the "Disabled" ControlState, and you'd want to include <keys> for all parts (Symbol, Etch, ForgroundGradient, etc...) to make them transparent.

I can post the finished arrays later after work if needed, or if you even want to send me your current plist, I can add them for you.

Either way, happy to help!

Hey guys is there anyway to modify the color keyboard to support other languages apart from english? eg. Greek

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Gayzor For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (06-17-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gayzor View Post
    Hey guys is there anyway to modify the color keyboard to support other languages apart from english? eg. Greek

Hey, there are a few different situations that each have limitations when it comes to international compatibility...

The simplest CK themes that use only code and no background images are entirely compatible no matter what language is set as the primary, as well as secondary kbs reached by hitting the "Globe" key.

Most desirable themes use images one way or another, and are not going to be as compatible. Some use images that include everything but the "Text", which is displayed and controlled by plist code. These themes will at least be compatible with international languages if they utilize the same "qwerty" layout and spacing of keys, but any variations like "azerty" and others would require their own images in separate copy of the theme.

Many of the coolest looking CK themes are that way because there is almost nothing being displayed via code, and the Text is on the background images. These themes will be completely incompatible with any other language. It is possible to make a variation with the international text you need on the images, but this will only work if it is your primary language. In "text on image" themes, once you hit the "Globe" key, all bets are off and it actually cannot be made compatible in the current form that Color Keyboard is in. There's just no code in place to control "secondary" kbs after hitting the globe key.

Let me know exactly what the situation is... Is Greek a "secondary" kb with your setup?

Hey, there are a few different situations that each have limitations when it comes to international compatibility...

The simplest CK themes that use only code and no background images are entirely compatible no matter what language is set as the primary, as well as secondary kbs reached by hitting the "Globe" key.

Most desirable themes use images one way or another, and are not going to be as compatible. Some use images that include everything but the "Text", which is displayed and controlled by plist code. These themes will at least be compatible with international languages if they utilize the same "qwerty" layout and spacing of keys, but any variations like "azerty" and others would require their own images in separate copy of the theme.

Many of the coolest looking CK themes are that way because there is almost nothing being displayed via code, and the Text is on the background images. These themes will be completely incompatible with any other language. It is possible to make a variation with the international text you need on the images, but this will only work if it is your primary language. In "text on image" themes, once you hit the "Globe" key, all bets are off and it actually cannot be made compatible in the current form that Color Keyboard is in. There's just no code in place to control "secondary" kbs after hitting the globe key.

Let me know exactly what the situation is... Is Greek a "secondary" kb with your setup?

Thanks for the information.. And yes is my "secondary" kb

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Gayzor For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (06-17-2012)

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 ... LastLast