Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 26 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Color Keyboard Guide

this thread is full of ppl with the title of Theme Creator
    Because we're Phatmartino's friends. Not yours.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-10-2012)

Default Thanks!
    Hey Phat, Thanks for this awesome, detailed guide.
    I was wondering... any chance you have the themes at the top of post #1 prepackaged for me to apply to CK? Those are some awesome looking themes. Especially green4, phatlime, and phatblue3.

Thanks!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TheJammer For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-10-2012)

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Hey guys, been a bit busy outside of the iRealm on top of working on requests and support in it. Sorry for the short lapse...

@BenderBendingRodriguez (now I'm using your middle name as a parent would) Lol.

No worries at all, man. I'm super easy going and genuinely wish to help anyone I'm able. I thought if I could find an answer for you I'd PM you and have a conversation via email or something.

Looking into it lightly at least, I'm in agreement that up to date WB theming information is not very readily available. What I fear, and I would guess the cats around here understand is that any seemingly simple question could very well warrant a more in depth discussion than "what's the file name?". Does it go in UIImages, or UIKit.framework, or a springboard bundle or something?

I'm also in agreement with Armadillo that that discussion doesn't belong in this thread, it really does deserve it's own new thread. I know the feeling completely of having a question, asking it in a new thread, bumping it a few times and moving on with no love, but the "users in the know" to "users that need to know" ratio is as disproportional as it can get.

At this point I realize how comparatively little I knew about Color Keyboard when I started this guide. I basically posted a new thread that said: "Hey, here's a ColorKeyboard.plist and a few things I've figured out". I've only gained the knowledge I have now through analyzing other themer's works, and thanks to the great conversation that's taken place here since.

My point being that when you offer something (however small) to people, they are grateful and WANT to help you in return.

It seems as though you've been around for a while, and I have to assume that you have a fair amount of knowledge as far as WB theming if all you want to know about is the spotlight page statusbar, so instead of posting that simple question which, yes, could very well be overlooked, maybe try posting a new thread that will not be overlooked like "WB UI Knowledge Base" or something. If you were to say "Hey, we need a place for WB theming information to live and grow" and figure out a reasonable way to list the the essentials that you already know, you may have to hang with some noob riff-raff, you may get some answers from haters saying "what's wrong with you, you didn't know XYZ?". Either way, you'd be amazed at how many people will come out of the woodwork to thank you for your efforts and hopefully help the cause.

I know that's a heafty request, so if it's not your thing the next best solution may be to find a WB theme that successfully themes the parts you're after, and then start analyzing it to find your answers.

I'm an exception to this, as I would totally help you if I was able, but in general helpful, humble, thankful interaction with any forum is usually the only way answers will ever be dropped in your lap.

@TheJammer

Hey, unfortunately the pictured keyboards at the beginning of the thread were even at the time just quick mock-ups to include a little inspiration if nothing else. They were packageable back then, but are well out-dated now.

With the format of my most updated template PSDs, I could rather easily update the green4 at least. The other two would take a bit more work.

I've pretty much spent all of my time since posting those pics helping others get their themes done and/or filling requests and haven't made a single theme of my own, but I'll get it in gear here as soon as I can.

@Jahooba

Thanks for your support, always crazy appreciated!

@Armadillo

I've done some more testing. I wanted to make sure I hadn't overlooked a way to get to our goal using one theme version, but I think we're stuck for now.

Basically, we have 3 sets of UIKBTypes:

Emoji - 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

Siri - 256,257,258,259,260,261,262,263,264,265

No Emoji - 512,513,514,515,516,517,518,519,520,521

I've really racked my brain and tried everything I could think of and it seems like to include Siri with no Emoji in the same theme as all other possibilities, we would need a fourth set of UIKBTypes specifically for that instance.

I'll figure out as concise a way as I can to pose the question to YS Kim, but I admittedly know little about the coding involved to make the tweak, and consequently if it's possible or not.

If it's any consolation for the moment though, all that's needed is a separate plist for 4s No Emoji. It's theme folder can actually include less of the images you will already have made for the Emoji version. You can eliminate all 256-265 images.

With this being the case, if it is possible to add another set of UIKeyboardTypes in a future update to Color Keyboard, at least it will only take updating the plists for already made Emoji versions to add inclusion of 4s no Emoji.

Here are the two plists needed for now, and I think I have them finished as far as including Port and Land (Alert and Standard).

CK-Hybrid-plists.zip

Let me know what you think and/or if you find any holes.

Yeah, I looked into it as well and there just isn't a way to deal with this with the sets we have. And don't forget AZERTY, which has a few keyboards in which keys are aligned different (for no good reason I might add). Thanks for your help. Since I use emoji, I'm all set. I just had hoped to be able to get everything into one all-inclusive theme.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

7. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (06-17-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

I own color keyboard
    Are y'all working with the developer on it?
    Why has there been like 3 new updates there is nothing in the recent changes area, in fact recent changes doesn't even exist anymore..?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-14-2012)

Thanks

Nice! I'm glad you mentioned it, I've been waiting for this one!

There actually is a field titled "In this version" I think he's been using to describe updates...

The last couple have been plist code related fixes, and I believe this one fixes orientation switches while Siri is "in use" via the KB.

I'll go update and do some playing around...

Thanks

Are y'all working with the developer on this?

Right now u can change the popupkey background image

Is there anyway to change the actuall popupkey text color not just the background of the keys but the text letter color on popup?
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 03-12-2012 at 06:22 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-14-2012)

Thanks

Hey, that's always been possible, but it can be tricky finding what needs to be changed in the plist as there are a few different ways it could have been originally assigned.

Are you making a theme, or altering an existing? If you're able to post the plist, I can take a look and either point out where you need to look and/or quite possibly alter a few things to make it really easy to play around with if you like. Let me know.

Kinda new to ColorKeyboard. Bought the app yesterday, then discovered this thread.

Phatmartino:

I really like some of your designs:

-2nd attachment from the left, #537041 (Black Keys, yellowish-lime letters)
    -3rd attachment from the left, #537040 (Black Key1, blue letters)
    -4th attachment from the left, #537039 (Black Key2, blue letters)

Can you share those three theme files with respective popups/plists in a rar/zip download? I do see some of your designs in the CK app settings, but they don't look like the posted pictures here, mainly because here, your black keys has a shine/glow on the corners/edges.

I do know how to SHH the theme files to their respective places:
    mobile/Library/Keyboard/ColorKeyboard/Themes
    mobile/Library/Keyboard/ColorKeyboard/Popups

Can you share those three themes mentioned above (for iphone4 ios5.0.1). I would really appreciate it. Look very sleek!

Thanks in advance.

One day, I will "try" to design one myself
    Last edited by onex0is0; 03-13-2012 at 08:02 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to onex0is0 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-14-2012)

Thanks

Hey, a couple people have asked about the theme's that I've foolishly left pictured at the beginning of the thread even though I haven't kept any of them up to date. Got a chance to update the basic version that most of those pics are mods of, and figured I'd post a shot real quick. I'll get some popups finished tomorrow and post a copy to check out.

The "Marble" and/or other textures can be easily added and the Text is plist controlled, so any/many variations of the Text color can be made as well.

Hopefully I'll just replace the images at the beginning of the thread with one's that are finished and I'll make them available there as well.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

onex0is0 (03-14-2012)

Thanks Phatmartino!

Yes, please make them available for download when you're done (ios5.0.1). Your keyboards are BEAUTIFUL! Very elegant and really stand out. Love the posted yellowish-green lime letters on black keys. My favorite. And the electric blue letters on black too.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to onex0is0 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-14-2012)

Thanks

I would like I edit an existing theme in color keyboard
    I want to change the popupkey text color and make the keys more bold
    I found the file I need to edit, I see that the colors are in RRBBYY format or whatever
    The names are confusing to me though someone please help so I don't spend all day trying different numbers to find what each one is like etched
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 03-14-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    I would like I edit an existing theme in color keyboard
    I want to change the popupkey text color and make the keys more bold
    I found the file I need to edit, I see that the colors are in RRBBYY format or whatever
    The names are confusing to me though someone please help so I don't spend all day trying different numbers to find what each one is like etched
    Hey, like I said it's pretty much exclusive to each plist exactly where and how any individual part is controlled, mainly because the custom defined colors could have been named however the original author pleased, those definitions could be shared by more than just the Popup Symbols you're looking to change, and there are also native color commands that could have been inserted in the lower half of the plist which would require changing them all where they are implemented rather than just changing a hex code. If you post a copy of the plist, I can either point out what you're looking for and/or make a few quick changes that will make it easy to change only a couple of hex codes near the beginning of the plist.

Thanks

If you could change it to bolder text and to green popupkey color but also tell me what u changed cause I can read the code and edit it once I find it

Sry about the random enters the code is originally like that I'm on an iphone else I would clean it up

CODE DELETED BY SELF FOR EASIER SCROLLING ON SITE.

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 03-17-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: CODE DELETED BY SELF FOR EASIER SCROLLING ON SITE

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-18-2012)

Thanks

Hey guys, I added a Theme pack to the first post and I'll link it here, too.

It's the Black one I just pictured a post or two ago. There are Plugins for 9 different Text colors (the default without a plugin is White). There's also a WB Siri Mic for each text color if desired. Light instructions are in an included text file.

CKG-Black.zip

Reply with any questions/problems, etc...

Enjoy!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

onex0is0 (03-15-2012), Trimo (03-15-2012)

Thanks

@BenderRodriguez

Hey, here's a new plist with two new Custom Colors added right at the beginning to control Popup Text and Etch Colors.

BenderRodriguez.zip

PopupSymbol = Text on the Popups
    PopupEtch = Etch under the Popup Text

QwertySymbol = Text on the "Qwerty" Keys
    QwertyEtch = Etch under the "Qwerty" Text

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>

<key>CustomColor</key>
    <array>
    <array>
    <string>PopupSymbol</string>
    <string>00FF00FF</string>
    </array>
    <array>
    <string>PopupEtch</string>
    <string>000000FF</string>
    </array>
    <array>
    <string>QwertySymbol</string>
    <string>FCA000FF</string>
    </array>
    <array>
    <string>QwertyEtch</string>
    <string>000000FF</string>
    </array>

Thanks

what is the name for the etching around the keys called? not the letters themselves

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    what is the name for the etching around the keys called? not the letters themselves

Hey, I'm guessing that you're asking about the "Highlights" in this image, which are actually only on the top edge of the keys. The rest of the "drop shadow" on the sides and bottom are not controllable using the "plist only" method.

These <arrays> in your plist's <key>CustomColor</key> control the pictured Highlights:

<array>
    <string>QwertyHlight</string>
    <string>323232FF</string>
    </array>
    <array>

<array>
    <string>SecondaryHlight</string>
    <string>DBA602FF</string>
    </array>

Just in case you'd be interested, the theme pack I just made available at the beginning of the first post (CKG-Black.zip) uses background images and has the same Orange version as an option. Of course with these themes being images, the text is the only thing that is "customizable" beyond making more variations of the images. Figured I'd mention it in case you happened to like the way they look.

Thanks

Is it possible to change the color of the pop up text to white?

Donation is different from Payment

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBub View Post
    Is it possible to change the color of the pop up text to white?
    Absolutely! Though it would take making minor changes in a few different places in the plist...

Can you let me know which theme you're looking at, and I can make the changes and/or try to come up with a way to describe what all needs to be added/removed.

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 26 ... LastLast