+ Reply
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 25 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Color Keyboard Guide

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
@Phatmartino: Do you happen to know how the Siri dictation key is addressed in terms of "DisplayType"?
    Thanks

@Phatmartino: Do you happen to know how the Siri dictation key is addressed in terms of "DisplayType"?
    Come visit AlohaSoft

2. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-10-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    I can't find the base image name for the menu bar when on the search page in iOS5 ip4s

Anyone? Right now it's transparent which doesn't work for my background with vwallpaper2
    Please help - See Above Quote

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Absolutely! The key on the kb is:

DisplayType=Dictation;ControlState=1,3

When Siri is in use:

The "done" key shares the DisplayType=Return <dict>

And the "pencil" symbol is controlled by including this in the Return <dict>:

<key>SymbolSecondaryColor</key>
    <string>FFFFFFFF</string>

Let me know if I left anything out or ambiguous.

Thanks

One more thing. Is there a way to define which image to use when a password needs to be entered? Like when logging into the appstore. This keyboard type does not show up in CK Tester and I have no idea how to invoke it.

Actually, there's an additional issue I just discovered and it relates to the ASCII type keyboard. How is it addressed? If I use

<key>Portrait;iPhone-Standard;0;1</key>
    <string>P-0-1.png</string>

that image is not used.
    Last edited by armadillo; 03-08-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

6. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-10-2012)

Thanks

Ill ask a THIRD TIME

I can't find the base image name for the menu bar when on the search page in iOS5 ip4s

Anyone?

Right now it's transparent which doesn't work with my own images along the menu bar

Thanks

You are in the wrong thread. This is about the keyboard, not about the status bar.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

9. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-10-2012)

Thanks

@BenderBendingRodriguez

Hey, sorry I didn't ask sooner... Can you post a screen of what you mean? I admittedly haven't kept up with WB theming beyond iOS4, so if it isn't CK related I'm not necessarily the best peep to answer your question. I can try to look into it too though, if I know for sure what you're looking at.

@armadillo

This is a tougher one, but we may have just recently gotten to the point where we can actually work this out.

YS Kim let me know that the last update to CK included another new UIKeyboardType - 512, which was described as being when the kb doesn't have the International (Globe) Key.

So this means at the very least that it's possible to include these new images:

0;512
    1;512
    2;512
    3;512

This is like the recent addition of UIKeyboardTypes: 256,257,258,262,263,265 for separation of when the Siri key is present from instances where it isn't (whether Pre-4s, 4s with no data/wifi or 4s in a few instances where the Siri key wouldn't be present either way).

I had most recently been working on, and in turn implementing these new Siri UIKBTypes for a few themes with text on the BG images, so I've had to try and make sure I'm covering all possibilties with separate images - 58 total without NumberPads. Then I'm making 2 versions of all themes:

XXX ~S~ <-- Only 4s users with no Emoji
    XXX ~SE~ <---Everyone Else

I had been making a third version for Pre-4s, and the addition of the Siri UIKeyboardTypes allowed for a theme with more images to cover everyone except 4s users with no Emoji (obviously because the Siri key moves around when Emoji is enabled as well). So the addition of the UIKeyabordType X;512 is the starting point to allowing 1 theme to work for everyone, but I don't know yet if there are the same additional UIKBTypes like Siri added:

We would need there to be something like 512,513,518... to cover all of the layouts with no emoji. I'll try testing that out...

It became sort of a standard with BG Method CK themes that have the text on the BG images, to have the "Globe" key present, and if users didn't have Emoji enabled, that key would just help operate the "123/ABC" More key. I didn't plan on adding more images for the BG Text method to cover that, as all other possibilities are covered, but that's pretty much what you're talking about.

To have one of my most updated themes armed for 4s Siri+Emoji and go into the appstore and sign in, there's no Siri key, but I have the Emoji key even though it operates "123/ABC".

I'm guessing that your problem is that with using plist controlled iOS text, that instance shows "123" spanning over the 2 keys under it on the BG image?

I've been so busy with all the recent updating and worrying about the BG text themes I was working on, that I hadn't gotten around to fully working out all of the details for the "Hybrid" Method like you're using (which is the next main post I need to get together for this guide, so I need to look into this anyway).

What I haven't looked into is to find out if it's possible to make use of the same number of images as the BG Text Method, so that you can control that infernal More/Int - 1 key vs. 2 keys issue that's always been a problem.

I've seen some themes that are leaving (and this is how I used to do it) the "123" and "Globe" sharing one larger key under them both so that the iOS text can do as it pleases over top of it.

As well, I've seen some themes (like the newest iMatte) that have the Siri mic share the Spacebar with "space".

Let me know how in depth you've gone (number of total images would tell the story pretty much). I'm mainly curious if it's going to be tripling the number of images you're using to do what I'm thinking might be necessary.

I'll do some playing around in the meantime and see what I can figure out.

Thanks

Okay, so I have precisely encountered the various scenarios you mentioned. We have a pretty silly number of possibilities and like you I have been avoiding the split buttons. I have an iPhone 4s with multiple keyboards and Siri. So that creates [123][globe][Siri][Space] in most cases. I have dealt with that by keeping the keys combined like this [123 globe][Siri Space]. This works well, but is not quite optimal. So I thought I would create additional themes that cater to various configurations (+/- globe and +/- Siri).

But first I wanted to create a theme for my particular phone (with all keys separated). That works mostly, except for the password kb and the type 1 keyboard in CK Tester. That's why I asked above.

The whole situation is even more complicated, since I had to also deal with a user who requested AZERTY support. That requires a separate theme as well.

So for now, I am trying to deal with the scenarios in different themes and I may later try and unify some of the elements using the 256... and 512... types. The problem is that I cannot even address the Type 1 kb in CK Tester by addressing the keyboard as "Portrait;iPhone-Standard;0;1" or "Portrait;iPhone-Standard;1;1".

So I ran a quick test with theses settings:

<key>Portrait;iPhone-Standard;0;512</key>
    <string>P-0-512.png</string>

plus the other kb planes (1;512 - 2;512 - 3,512) and put identifiable images with those names in the theme. I then disabled emoji (so no globe) and ran CK Tester. None of the keyboards from 0-9 showed the test images. Are you sure this is working?
    Last edited by armadillo; 03-08-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

12. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-10-2012)

Thanks

AZERTY too? Good man!

I understand, and kudos for learning all of the crazy nuances of this brilliant tweak!

Hey, as I understand it, these are the two possible states of (for instance) the KeyPlane=0 - ASCII Capable UIKBType

[email protected]

[email protected]

It seems almost like there is no X;1 because it is the same as X(;0). The only possible change in the ASCII kb is whether or not Siri is present, so that requires the new X;257.

Basically, you don't need to include [email protected] or their (assumed) callouts in the plist, just include [email protected] and their (confirmed) callouts to cover when 2 keys are needed for Siri:

<key>Landscape;iPhone-Alert;0;257</key>
    <string>L-0-257.png</string>
    <key>Landscape;iPhone-Alert;1;257</key>
    <string>L-1-257.png</string>
    <key>Landscape;iPhone-Alert;2;257</key>
    <string>L-2-257.png</string>
    <key>Landscape;iPhone-Alert;3;257</key>
    <string>L-3-257.png</string>
    <key>Landscape;iPhone-Standard;0;257</key>
    <string>L-0-257.png</string>
    <key>Landscape;iPhone-Standard;1;257</key>
    <string>L-1-257.png</string>
    <key>Landscape;iPhone-Standard;2;257</key>
    <string>L-2-257.png</string>
    <key>Landscape;iPhone-Standard;3;257</key>
    <string>L-3-257.png</string>
    <key>Portrait;iPhone-Alert;0;257</key>
    <string>P-0-257.png</string>
    <key>Portrait;iPhone-Alert;1;257</key>
    <string>P-1-257.png</string>
    <key>Portrait;iPhone-Alert;2;257</key>
    <string>P-2-257.png</string>
    <key>Portrait;iPhone-Alert;3;257</key>
    <string>P-3-257.png</string>
    <key>Portrait;iPhone-Standard;0;257</key>
    <string>P-0-257.png</string>
    <key>Portrait;iPhone-Standard;1;257</key>
    <string>P-1-257.png</string>
    <key>Portrait;iPhone-Standard;2;257</key>
    <string>P-2-257.png</string>
    <key>Portrait;iPhone-Standard;3;257</key>
    <string>P-3-257.png</string>

But... This would mean you would have to dive deeper into using the rest of the Siri (256...) UIKeyboardTypes because I'm guessing that your [email protected] has [More][Int][Siri][Space]. This image would become [email protected] and so on...

If you feel comfortable emailing me a copy of your theme as you have it so far, I can try to help streamline putting callouts in place and/or figuring out exactly what additional images you would need.

[email protected]

Either way, always happy to help however I can.

Don't you love the auto add to your last post feature?

Hey, I hadn't tried the X;512 thing yet. I'll look into that a bit too!

Thanks

Well, X;0 isn't the same as X;1, since in one case there is the globe and in the other there isn't. So if all keys are properly split, X;1 will have [123][globe][Siri][Space], whereas X;1 will only have [123][Siri][Space]. In other words, Siri isn't different, but the globe is (and the 512 solution didn't work for me). I sent you the theme. Hopefully you can solve this puzzle.
    Last edited by armadillo; 03-08-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

15. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-10-2012)

Thanks

You did it!!!! I am very impressed. I have tested the theme you returned to me and it seems to hold up in every keyboard I was able to throw at it. Absolutely fabulous work. Thanks so much. I greatly appreciate your hard work.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

17. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-10-2012)

Thanks

[QUOTE=Phatmartino;6442308][COLOR="#000000"]@BenderBendingRodriguez

Hey, sorry I didn't ask sooner... Can you post a screen of what you mean? I admittedly haven't kept up with WB theming beyond iOS4, so if it isn't CK related I'm not necessarily the best peep to answer your question. I can try to look into it too though, if I know for sure what you're looking at.

Color Keyboard Guide-img_3193.png
    Color Keyboard Guide-img3194.png

I'm trying to find the image name for the status bar on the search page
    its usually *****[email protected] or something
    the **** are either Silver or Black or InCall

but i can't find it any ware please help
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 03-09-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: adding image

Thanks

There are many threads on MMi that talk about status bar skinning. This really is not the correct thread. Here's a start: Transparent status bar without Winterboard and IOS 5 Questions: Theming, Modding, Custom Images

Please use the search function. It is quite useful when trying to find answers.

Now back to ColorKeyboard. So the keyboard you sent works absolutely great for the situation with globe + Siri. I guess it still doesn't work if the globe is not there. So that still requires a second separate theme. Is the dev working on a solution for that? These are the only 4 keyboards that are amiss when the emoji is disabled and Siri is available. All other keyboards work fine.

Color Keyboard Guide-img_0230.png
    Last edited by armadillo; 03-09-2012 at 11:50 AM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

20. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-10-2012)

Thanks

so thanks for that first dead thread link and the second basically noob theme link with only 5 ppl in it, if you don't know armadillo then please don't respond if you read the start Phatmartino was trying to help

Thanks

I was trying to help you stop posting in this thread, which has absolutely nothing to do with status bar skinning. If you really had taken the time to look at the threads I pointed you to, the second one tells you the file names. From post #5 of that thread, here is the quote that answers your question.

for the statusbar

CustomStatusbar.theme/UIImages

and inside 3 files

Silver_Base.png
    Black_Base.png
    Translucent_Base.png

320x20px (don't mind if it's SD or HD device)
    640x40 (just for HD device)
    Come visit AlohaSoft

23. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-10-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I was trying to help you stop posting in this thread, which has absolutely nothing to do with status bar skinning. If you really had taken the time to look at the threads I pointed you to, the second one tells you the file names. From post #5 of that thread, here is the quote that answers your question.
    i did look at the thread and it had the old image names including the ones you said
    NONE of those image names fix the issue, so that thread actually wasn't helpful

before even trying to ask the question on this site I tried and looked on other forums with no luck

ps the image names are actually
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    Translucent_Base@2x~iphone.png
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

but there is STILL ONE MISSING
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 03-09-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Thanks

So what makes you think that this particular thread will help you? Obviously, people following this thread want to learn about the keyboard. Are you going to ask this question in each every unrelated thread in hopes of someone helping you find the missing file name? I would suggest you open a brand new thread and invite theming experts that actually know about the status bar issues you seek advice on. But please let's keep this thread on topic. It really is not appropriate for you to keep hijacking this thread for your particular question that you keep asking so many times. I'm not trying to blow you off, but with your experience in posting on this site, you should know that this really is not the proper way to post around here.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

26. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-10-2012)

Thanks

i would be happy to jump to a different thread provided its not filled with new ppl that don't have any idea what there talking about, i would rather not create a new thread cause usually whenever i do that i never get any answers :shifty kitty:

if you could provide a link to a good updated theming thread ill thank you on site and leave this thread alone

Thanks
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 850 Posts

ColorOnGrayShadow_Base@2x

Or

WhiteOnBlackShadow_Base@2x

or

WhiteOnBlackEtch_Base@2x

On second thought I think this may not be what you're looking for.

I'll keep looking, but it seems to me that top bar is the same one from the springboard.

Also:

Stop posting status bar questions in Phatmartino's ColorKeyboard thread, please.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 03-09-2012 at 05:21 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (03-10-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    ColorOnGrayShadow_Base@2x

Or

WhiteOnBlackShadow_Base@2x

or

WhiteOnBlackEtch_Base@2x

On second thought I think this may not be what you're looking for.

I'll keep looking, but it seems to me that top bar is the same one from the springboard.
    good try didn't work, not trying to jack this thread would be happy if i got the icon name or a thread that i could ask and moderators and ppl that know are in but this thread is full of ppl with the title of Theme Creator

the search page bar is different then the home screen bar

if you know the root location in the iPhone via ssh ill go look myself
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 03-09-2012 at 05:28 PM.