+ Reply
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Color Keyboard Guide

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Originally Posted by Phatmartino You're not missing anything. Tethered is pretty silly. I did get it working and it seems they have made a few minor changes to the keyboard.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    You're not missing anything. Tethered is pretty silly.

I did get it working and it seems they have made a few minor changes to the keyboard.

1. Shift key when in "auto capitalization" state. Hopefully this is maybe just a change in ControlState #. Turning off auto cap left only the other ControlStates and the rest seem to work normally. I'll try doing some testing...

2. ".com" key on URL layout.

3. "." on Email address entry layout.

2 and 3 are both controlled by "Displaytype=Top-Level-Domain". I'm guessing that whatever callout change was made is a result of having changed the layout of the Email address entry layout as shown here:

Attachment 551516

This little change is going to cause problems for all theming methods. It could very well be that the CK tweak will have to be successfully updated to be able to theme these keys individually, but even for full BG method themes which make everything native transparent (and still work properly as far as doing that), they will all need to be updated to change the @Email layout to reflect the larger Space key / smaller "@" and "." keys.

I'll keep playing around and see what I can figure out.

OMG i have been going crazy with all sorts of codes thinking i did something wrong... that has been driving me nuts!
    well at least i now know its not me and its a new piece of coding that needs to be resolved. maybe we can take the standard iphone keyboard from the UIkit.framework and then manipulate that?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to itwasntme187 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (11-17-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the cool guide! I'm trying to mod my keyboard but as I have an English and Chinese keyboard, after clicking the International button and changing to Chinese input mode, the bottom of the keyboard changes to as shown in the image. There is an additional button next to the spacebar. Anyone knows how to do this?

Color Keyboard Guide-image.png

4. The Following User Says Thank You to imbecelle For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (11-17-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,137 Times in 2,345 Posts

Hi all

please help me on this CK that I made it for HOPE Charity theme. I want to the red text on the pop-up same like the the keypad pressed and the arrow to red only. This is the first time i do this, so please let me know if i need to change anything.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

want the arrow up and text pop-up to be like this red color.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Color Keyboard Guide-img_0565.png   Color Keyboard Guide-img_0567.png  

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cukhiem For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (11-17-2011)

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imbecelle View Post
    Thanks for the cool guide! I'm trying to mod my keyboard but as I have an English and Chinese keyboard, after clicking the International button and changing to Chinese input mode, the bottom of the keyboard changes to as shown in the image. There is an additional button next to the spacebar. Anyone knows how to do this?
    Hey, happy to take a look... If you would, let me know if the English/Chinese setup you're using is a specific tweak or if it is just choices you've made in the native iOS international keyboard options. I'd need to set up the same way to be able to test a few things. Also let me know if you're on iOS 5 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cukhiem View Post
    Hi all

please help me on this CK that I made it for HOPE Charity theme. I want to the red text on the pop-up same like the the keypad pressed and the arrow to red only. This is the first time i do this, so please let me know if i need to change anything. Also want the arrow up and text pop-up to be like this red color.
    Sweet! Very nice theme!! Happy to help out, and we can get the changes you're asking about done to a certain extent...

The popup text color can only be controlled by hex codes in the plist, so you won't be able to get the gradient black like shown in the keypad example, but you can at least change the text to be a dark red that hopefully emulates that general look. You can play around with it by creating another Custom Color <key> to assign a hex value to, so you can play around with trying to find a red that you want to use. It will be referenced in:

<string>DisplayType=DynamicString,String,Top-Level-Domain,etc...;ControlState=1</string>
    <dict>
    <key>SymbolColor</key>
    <string>YourNewPopupTextColor</string>
    <-- Here you currently have UIKBColorBlack which is a native command.

Let me know if you haven't really done much with the plist and need to know more about defining the custom color.

As for the Shift arrow, I'm taking it that you want the arrow to turn red only when shift is active. If that's the case, you can do this by including another image in your popups folder called:

kb-shift-halo.png - 64x64

This is an image that is present natively, and creates the white "glow" when the shift key is active. If you include your own image in the popups folder, it will replace the native one.

This image is vertically flipped exactly like the rest of the popup images. It is also slightly stretched when used by the keyboard, so it will take some playing around to get the arrow to be the right size and positioned correctly, but generally you should be able to use the same arrow from your background images of the whole keyboard that make use of it. You will obviously have the image be transparent other than the red arrow, and will be able to make the arrow look just like the red/black style of the numbers on your pictured keypad.

EDIT - Of course, I wasn't really thinking that as you have separate images for "shift pressed" to include upper case letters, you could also just change the arrow right on those images assuming I'm correct about this being the only place you want the arrow to be red. If you go this route, you can still do as most themers and include the above mentioned kb-shift-halo.png and just make it a transparent image to get rid of the white glow if desired.

Reply with any questions about any or all of this. Happy to help further as needed!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

imbecelle (11-17-2011), It's Mi (11-17-2011), iZangetsu (11-18-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,307 Posts

Hey, happy to take a look... If you would, let me know if the English/Chinese setup you're using is a specific tweak or if it is just choices you've made in the native iOS international keyboard options. I'd need to set up the same way to be able to test a few things. Also let me know if you're on iOS 5 as well.

Sweet! Very nice theme!! Happy to help out, and we can get the changes you're asking about done to a certain extent...

The popup text color can only be controlled by hex codes in the plist, so you won't be able to get the gradient black like shown in the keypad example, but you can at least change the text to be a dark red that hopefully emulates that general look. You can play around with it by creating another Custom Color <key> to assign a hex value to, so you can play around with trying to find a red that you want to use. It will be referenced in:

<string>DisplayType=DynamicString,String,Top-Level-Domain,etc...;ControlState=1</string>
    <dict>
    <key>SymbolColor</key>
    <string>YourNewPopupTextColor</string>
    <-- Here you currently have UIKBColorBlack which is a native command.

Let me know if you haven't really done much with the plist and need to know more about defining the custom color.

As for the Shift arrow, I'm taking it that you want the arrow to turn red only when shift is active. If that's the case, you can do this by including another image in your popups folder called:

kb-shift-halo.png - 64x64

This is an image that is present natively, and creates the white "glow" when the shift key is active. If you include your own image in the popups folder, it will replace the native one.

This image is vertically flipped exactly like the rest of the popup images. It is also slightly stretched when used by the keyboard, so it will take some playing around to get the arrow to be the right size and positioned correctly, but generally you should be able to use the same arrow from your background images of the whole keyboard that make use of it. You will obviously have the image be transparent other than the red arrow, and will be able to make the arrow look just like the red/black style of the numbers on your pictured keypad.

EDIT - Of course, I wasn't really thinking that as you have separate images for "shift pressed" to include upper case letters, you could also just change the arrow right on those images assuming I'm correct about this being the only place you want the arrow to be red. If you go this route, you can still do as most themers and include the above mentioned kb-shift-halo.png and just make it a transparent image to get rid of the white glow if desired.

Reply with any questions about any or all of this. Happy to help further as needed!
    Hey Phat this is the plist cuk mentioned its written a bit differently. I did manage to get red letters on the popup like he/she (lol I don't even know) wanted. you can take a look and see if its a reasonable fix or needs more work TIA like I said b4 i don't speak plist at all so I guess I just got lucky, would be nice if it can have a custom color with hex though!

Hope ColorKeyboard Plist.rar

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iZangetsu For This Useful Post:

cukhiem (11-17-2011), It's Mi (11-17-2011), Phatmartino (11-18-2011)

Thanks

Thank you very much for your help. I don't have any clue about the CK.plist. I'm currently using other theme's plist. Phat, you are right. I want the red arrow when it's active. iZangetsu got the red letter and it's good. I'm going to try to make the kb-shift-halo.png now and let you guys now. Please help me on the plist.

Thank you guys.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cukhiem For This Useful Post:

iZangetsu (11-17-2011), Phatmartino (11-18-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm using the native iOS international keyboard. No tweaks. Currently on iOS 4.3.3.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to imbecelle For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (11-18-2011)

Thanks

Hey guys, my apologies that between spotty notifications and general preoccupation, I'm a bit behind and keep having to multi reply...

Quote Originally Posted by imbecelle View Post
    I'm using the native iOS international keyboard. No tweaks. Currently on iOS 4.3.3.
    Hey, apologies as well for the fact that the only experience I have with int kb's is arming emoji and then never using it.

I took a look and tried a handful of these and didn't see anything that looked quite like your example. I know I'm thick sometimes. Is it actually one of these, and/or am I somehow looking in the wrong place? Straighten me out and I'll get on it. Thanks for your patience.

Color Keyboard Guide-imageuploadedbymodmyi1321673209.596633.jpg

@iZangetsu - thanks for helping out!! Awesome of you, and glad you're still having fun playing with this stuff! cukheim hit me with a pm too, and I'm taking a look. I'll definitely take care of the few plist related things left as best as possible and post the results here. Dig the profile imagery as usual!!

@It's Mi - Thanks for your continued interest and thoughtfulness. Very sweet of you!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

cukhiem (11-19-2011), iZangetsu (11-18-2011)

Thanks

@iZangetsu - thanks for helping out!! Awesome of you, and glad you're still having fun playing with this stuff! cukheim hit me with a pm too, and I'm taking a look. I'll definitely take care of the few plist related things left as best as possible and post the results here. Dig the profile imagery as usual!!
    It's all cool Yoda! couldn't have helped without your past influences and a lil trial and error, thank you iFile!!

lol yeah new avatar and sig to celebrate hitting the 1000 post mark

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iZangetsu For This Useful Post:

cukhiem (11-19-2011), Phatmartino (11-21-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iZangetsu View Post
    It's all cool Yoda! couldn't have helped without your past influences and a lil trial and error, thank you iFile!!

lol yeah new avatar and sig to celebrate hitting the 1000 post mark

iFile - Amen!!! and congrats on the landmark, that's awesome!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

cukhiem (11-19-2011), iZangetsu (11-18-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, apologies as well for the fact that the only experience I have with int kb's is arming emoji and then never using it.

I took a look and tried a handful of these and didn't see anything that looked quite like your example. I know I'm thick sometimes. Is it actually one of these, and/or am I somehow looking in the wrong place? Straighten me out and I'll get on it. Thanks for your patience.

Attachment 553582
    No problem! I'm using the second one from your list "Chinese - Simplified (Pinyin)". Just realized the one showed on the photo I attached earlier was using "Chinese - Traditional (Pinyin)" as I took the photo from another source. My bad. Thanks again!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to imbecelle For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (11-21-2011)

Thanks

Hey, cukhiem. Try out this plist and let me know your thoughts.

I tried making the popup text slightly transparent so that the popup's background would add a bit of change in the red. How much and how red can easily be tweaked.

I set the font size with Slicker armed. A little on the small side, but take a look at the "W" popup. Still hits the side slightly. Let me know what you think.

Take a look at the Alt popup with the extended characters, I can easily at least tweak the selected "key" that's black if you like.

Also take a look at the passcode entry numberpad in the settings app. The original plist had a white "film" that appeared when pressed. I replaced it with a red/transparent gradient. That can also be tweaked as far as color, transparency, and gradient direction.

One last thing, take a look at the "$" and "&" keys on your portrait images and compare them to the popups. Seem switched, but they're correct on you landscape images.

Hit me with any and all feedback!

HOPE CK plist1.zip

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

cukhiem (11-22-2011), iZangetsu (11-22-2011)

Thanks

I'm sure cukhiem will agree, It's perfect Phat. Thanks again for your time and helping with this.
    Last edited by iZangetsu; 11-22-2011 at 09:08 AM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iZangetsu For This Useful Post:

cukhiem (11-22-2011), Phatmartino (12-05-2011)

Thanks

Hey, cukhiem. Try out this plist and let me know your thoughts.

I tried making the popup text slightly transparent so that the popup's background would add a bit of change in the red. How much and how red can easily be tweaked.

I set the font size with Slicker armed. A little on the small side, but take a look at the "W" popup. Still hits the side slightly. Let me know what you think.

Take a look at the Alt popup with the extended characters, I can easily at least tweak the selected "key" that's black if you like.

Also take a look at the passcode entry numberpad in the settings app. The original plist had a white "film" that appeared when pressed. I replaced it with a red/transparent gradient. That can also be tweaked as far as color, transparency, and gradient direction.

One last thing, take a look at the "$" and "&" keys on your portrait images and compare them to the popups. Seem switched, but they're correct on you landscape images.

Hit me with any and all feedback!

Attachment 553977
    it's perfect. Thank you so so much for your time and helping us.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to cukhiem For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (12-05-2011)

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Why is this not pinned?!
    #eli7e revived me

30. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (12-05-2011)

Thanks

@Phatmartino: Are you available to help me sort some issues with Legacy's colorkeyboard? Having issues with international support.
    #eli7e revived me

32. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (12-05-2011)

Thanks

Hey, so sorry I missed this post until today. Let me know if you still need help, I'd be happy to!
    Yes, definitely still need help. What's the best way to communicate with you outside of the forum?
    #eli7e revived me

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

Lindved (01-25-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default CK-BG-Method-Pack.zip - including Ipad?
    Hi - Great work on the themes with color keyboard

I now have the Color keyboard HD - and I just love - CK-BG-Method-Pack.zip - But It does not work on Ipad - Can you help me setting it up so I can create themes on my Ipad with CK-BG-Method-Pack.zip

I really hope you can help.

Thanks for all the great work
    Martin - Denmark
    Last edited by Lindved; 01-25-2012 at 02:11 PM.