Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Color Keyboard Guide

Whooo yeh I sent the developer a message about it, removed it and reinstalled v1.1.6 I felt a little dead inside without it lol, lesson learned wont update anything again until ios5 untethered is released.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iZangetsu For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (10-19-2011)

Bandmate? I didn't know you played an instrument. If she needs help with graphics then let me know, I'll hook her up

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (10-19-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Bandmate? I didn't know you played an instrument. If she needs help with graphics then let me know, I'll hook her up
    and the random reply of the week goes too . . . Jahooba!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to VerizonIphone4_help For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (10-19-2011)

ok so here's some info the update for CK iOS 5 was made and tested on 4.3.3. at the moment a few ppl has had the same issue I had (keyboard n popups not themeing and server connection failure) still on 4.3.3. Currently it is unknown what the issue might be. been back and forth with Yuu all night trying to figure it out. but when i uninstalled CK v1.1.7(iOS 5 update) and reinstalled v1.1.6 (the internet can be sooooo useful @ times) it works with no problem. so be cautious of the update. is anyone on iOS 5 to confirm that it works with the update?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iZangetsu For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (10-19-2011), Phatmartino (10-19-2011)

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Hey guys, apologies... looks like I missed a few posts...

@Sox - Unfortunately I believe Color Keyboard has always only been compatible with iOS 4.x and up. I would think that it would have been made as widely compatible as possible in order to reach as many customers as possible, so there must have been changes made in iOS 4 that CK specifically exploits.

@iZangetsu - Awesome! Glad you were at least able to downgrade successfully for the time being... I would have felt a little empty inside, too!

@Jahooba - Yeah, band geek from days of old turned guitarist once I was old enough to know better... been playing forever, but mainly for my own amusement of late. I'll email you a bit about what I'm doing because at the bare minimum you'd probably get a chuckle and could effortlessly provide some brilliant counsel as usual.

@Verizon - HeeHee Oh, and are you running iOS 5?

I went to it briefly but tethered really is useless, imo (especially near a launch) There is just too many Cydia and App store app updating, installing, uninstalling and I end up rebooting 3-4 times a week.

Now that this seems to have been ironed out and winterboard begin publicly released I'm biting at the bit to start recoding my MarioBrOS theme to iOS 5 (I love Siri and the reminders). ANd since it looks like Siri will come out for my i4 I am liking iOS5 more and more.

Also for anyone who enjoys my theme I submitted it for a featured spot on Cydia. Take a look and support if you like

Voting post

Apps Facebook Page

Modmyi Page (i4)
    ModmyiPage (3G&3GS)

V 3.2.5 is coming up soon (this weekend hopefully!) (I jsut can't stop finding things I want to theme )

12. The Following User Says Thank You to VerizonIphone4_help For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (10-25-2011)

Hey Phatmartino! First of all I'd like to thank you for this thread, it's been really insightful! I'm running into a problem with a couple of buttons on the keyboard not theming in iOS 5. It's a colorkeyboard.plist theme. Here is are the pics.-photo-oct-24-12-08-01-pm.png-photo-oct-24-12-18-29-pm.png Strange thing about it is that it worked fine in iOS 4. Is there a location on the disk I can search for apples original .plist? I ask cause I'm assuming you haven't jumped on iOS 5 yet judging by your latest posts. Any info is apreciated, thanks.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MadmanGFX For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (10-25-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MadmanGFX View Post
    Strange thing about it is that it worked fine in iOS 4. Is there a location on the disk I can search for apples original .plist? I ask cause I'm assuming you haven't jumped on iOS 5 yet judging by your latest posts. Any info is apreciated, thanks.

Hey, happy to see if I can help! Yes, I did just plan on waiting for a reliable untethered jb for iOS5, but I have an iPod that I can sacrifice to do some playing around.

Unfortunately, if there is an accessible native .plist that exists in the system files, I've never been able to find it. I've always wondered if it was bundled somehow along the lines of the .artwork files, thus requiring some brilliant developer to come up with a specialized tweak just to supply access along the lines of Winterboard. When I became interested in CK theming there seemed to be no information about it other than the glossary provided by the author, so it was only through testing and basically trial and error that I learned enough to feel I could help to supply more information.

It seems odd that only those two references (realized so far) would have changed. I'm happy to see a screen of most of a keyboard themed on iOS5! It's almost expected that Apple would change things that don't really need to be in order to combat us, but you'd think they would just alter all of the references and be done with it. Could it be that they're far more devious and just provided a little "hangnail" so that we're left on the brink of theming perfection just to drive us insane?

Anyway, I'll get on breaking my iPod so I can continue with testing. Can you attach a copy of your plist as well? I'll also take a quick look at it, and I'm happy to kick around some ideas if nothing else.

Theme Creator-Animation Coder Coop2009's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 1,572 Posts

im on ios5 and my ck wokrs great here now problems

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Coop2009 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (11-17-2011)

Theme Creator-Animation Coder Coop2009's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 1,572 Posts

i noticed acvtually the .button using plist has changed i think

i ddid see keybaord plists somewhere just cant remember where lol

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Coop2009 For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (11-17-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coop2009 View Post
    i noticed acvtually the .button using plist has changed i think

i ddid see keybaord plists somewhere just cant remember where lol
    Oooo... If it comes to you where you might have seen native kb plists that would be well appreciated info!!

I also just started wondering how the use of related tweaks (5 Row, etc...) and/or International variation like the $/€ setups might affect compatibilities involved?

I know where they are, I just didn't know anyone wanted to mess with them lol. At lunch I'll track them down again.

never mind I had it up already in my Ifile, there are three places I found keyboard.plists

1. /System/Library/KeyboardLayouts
    2. /System/Library/PreferenceBUndles/KeyboardSetting.bundle
    3. /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework

The third one has dozens upon dozens of .plists, I think they regulate the keys that show for the different languages. The other ones I've never poked my nose into. Good luck, hope this works, and by all means back this stuff up before you go testing it!

To theme into the third one from winterboard you can make a theme folder, then inside needs to be named Bundles and inside that have one named com.apple.UIKit or use the older path and have a UIImages folder inside the theme folder.

(So /var/stash/Themes.random letters/ThemeName/Bundles/com.apple.UIKit or /var/stash/Themes.random letters/ThemeName/UIImages)
    Last edited by VerizonIphone4_help; 10-25-2011 at 12:02 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to VerizonIphone4_help For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (11-17-2011)

Thanks

Dude, awesome! It could very well be that the Frameworks one is where the answers are... Only problem being that I'm wondering if it's the .keyboard files that the parameters we're used to seeing are in and that's why there have only been two tweaks to accomplish accessing them? You're right, there are plenty of keyboard related plists, but all seem to one way or another control what is displayed as far as text (international compatibility, etc.). iFile doesn't seem to want to properly display the .keyboard files, and it also looks like the 5Row tweak adds a whole slew of .keyboard files as well...

Anyone know anything about .keyboard files?

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    Dude, awesome! It could very well be that the Frameworks one is where the answers are... Only problem being that I'm wondering if it's the .keyboard files that the parameters we're used to seeing are in and that's why there have only been two tweaks to accomplish accessing them? You're right, there are plenty of keyboard related plists, but all seem to one way or another control what is displayed as far as text (international compatibility, etc.). iFile doesn't seem to want to properly display the .keyboard files, and it also looks like the 5Row tweak adds a whole slew of .keyboard files as well...

Anyone know anything about .keyboard files?
    Hey phat, I found a solution to view those .keyboard files. Make a copy of it and rename extension to .plist and ifile will view it perfectly

26. The Following User Says Thank You to iZangetsu For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (11-17-2011)

Thanks

No way... So simple, yet brilliant!! I wanna say I can't believe I didn't think of that, but really I can...

That's awesome! Thanks!!

I'm currently stuck trying to get iOS5 successfully jbroken. I've tried a couple times with redsn0w 0.9.9b4. All seems to go fine until it's finished and I'm left with Cydia being an unusable white icon. I've only ever used Green Pois0n which installs a loader, and that installs Cydia. I've also no experience with tethered breaks either...

Anyone know if I'm completely overlooking something?

tethered jb is uncharted territory for me but I've always used redsn0w since my 3G days. wish I could've been of more help with that.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to iZangetsu For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (11-17-2011)

Thanks

You're not missing anything. Tethered is pretty silly.

I did get it working and it seems they have made a few minor changes to the keyboard.

1. Shift key when in "auto capitalization" state. Hopefully this is maybe just a change in ControlState #. Turning off auto cap left only the other ControlStates and the rest seem to work normally. I'll try doing some testing...

2. ".com" key on URL layout.

3. "." on Email address entry layout.

2 and 3 are both controlled by "Displaytype=Top-Level-Domain". I'm guessing that whatever callout change was made is a result of having changed the layout of the Email address entry layout as shown here:

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1319685667.726545.jpg

This little change is going to cause problems for all theming methods. It could very well be that the CK tweak will have to be successfully updated to be able to theme these keys individually, but even for full BG method themes which make everything native transparent (and still work properly as far as doing that), they will all need to be updated to change the @Email layout to reflect the larger Space key / smaller "@" and "." keys.

I'll keep playing around and see what I can figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    You're not missing anything. Tethered is pretty silly.

I did get it working and it seems they have made a few minor changes to the keyboard.

1. Shift key when in "auto capitalization" state. Hopefully this is maybe just a change in ControlState #. Turning off auto cap left only the other ControlStates and the rest seem to work normally. I'll try doing some testing...

2. ".com" key on URL layout.

3. "." on Email address entry layout.

2 and 3 are both controlled by "Displaytype=Top-Level-Domain". I'm guessing that whatever callout change was made is a result of having changed the layout of the Email address entry layout as shown here:

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1319685667.726545.jpg

This little change is going to cause problems for all theming methods. It could very well be that the CK tweak will have to be successfully updated to be able to theme these keys individually, but even for full BG method themes which make everything native transparent (and still work properly as far as doing that), they will all need to be updated to change the @Email layout to reflect the larger Space key / smaller "@" and "." keys.

I'll keep playing around and see what I can figure out.
    Maybe that's why when I updated colorkeyboard that time it didn't work or at least because I have 5-Row installed? Don't remember if that got an update yet.

Man they do everything to make it difficult for jailbreakers

32. The Following User Says Thank You to iZangetsu For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (11-17-2011)

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast