Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Color Keyboard Guide

Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 310 Posts

Take a look if you hadn't, at post #126. kb-shift-halo.zip is a psd if you want to play around a little further with exactly what is used.

If you just don't want to see it at all, a transparent image called:

kb-shift-halo.png (64x64)

can be included in the popups folder you're using.

The original Leg1on CK is a cool example of what can be done with that image, though...

I think I included at least a bit of explination in that zip, let me know if I didn't or you need any help! Would be happy to!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (10-18-2011), iZangetsu (09-13-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmartino View Post
    Take a look if you hadn't, at post #126. kb-shift-halo.zip is a psd if you want to play around a little further with exactly what is used.

If you just don't want to see it at all, a transparent image called:

kb-shift-halo.png (64x64)

can be included in the popups folder you're using.

The original Leg1on CK is a cool example of what can be done with that image, though...

I think I included at least a bit of explination in that zip, let me know if I didn't or you need any help! Would be happy to!
    wow i bypassed that by a galactic mile lol. ok so i see the white because i didn't include that in the popups folder.
    thank you master i still have much to learn

just a heads up if you want to include a shift halo image, remember it's flipped VERTICALLY (upside down), so a standing person image, facing right (if you wanted that or something) would need to go in the bottom Right, upside down, and facing right, in order to show in the top right, right side up and facing right.

ALSO if your using a BG driven KB the shift halo will go ON TOP OF YOUR BG This usually doesn't effect anything but if you have an intricate background or a special image near that area it's good to remember.
    Last edited by VerizonIphone4_help; 09-22-2011 at 05:13 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VerizonIphone4_help For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (10-18-2011), iZangetsu (09-22-2011), Phatmartino (09-22-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VerizonIphone4_help View Post
    just a heads up if you want to include a shift halo image, remember it's upside down and mirrored, so a standing person image (if you wanted that or something) would need to go in the bottom left upside down in order to show in the top right right side up.
    Hey, I'm not as familiar with the halo (don't usually use 'em), but I had thought that they just needed to be vertically flipped. Took a quick peek at Mario and it looked like that was the case. Let me know if I'm missing something...

My testing also made it seem as though the image is stretched by 8 or 10 pixels. Did you happen to notice that and have to plan for it?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (10-18-2011)

Hey, I'm not as familiar with the halo (don't usually use 'em), but I had thought that they just needed to be vertically flipped. Took a quick peek at Mario and it looked like that was the case. Let me know if I'm missing something...

My testing also made it seem as though the image is stretched by 8 or 10 pixels. Did you happen to notice that and have to plan for it?
    I just checked via Ifile and my halo is flipped VERTICALLY only (upside down). Also, YES the halo gets slightly distorted I ended up Just covering my background image with the halo to not have to deal with this. Thus, I don't know the size difference.
    Last edited by VerizonIphone4_help; 09-22-2011 at 05:11 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VerizonIphone4_help For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (10-18-2011), Phatmartino (09-22-2011)

Thanks

Hey, 2/3 of the way thru a total revamp of the guide posts and popups are left to cover, just want to make sure I have a handle on how this works, if there are possible controlling variables, and/or if my technical vocabulary is as silly as I'm guessing...

Did your final halo look different than this?

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1316716439.212590.jpg

Somehow that's what I ended up with, but it does seem to work properly already facing the right way (left and right).

Hey, 2/3 of the way thru a total revamp of the guide posts and popups are left to cover, just want to make sure I have a handle on how this works, if there are possible controlling variables, and/or if my technical vocabulary is as silly as I'm guessing...

Did your final halo look different than this?

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1316716439.212590.jpg

Somehow that's what I ended up with, but it does seem to work properly already facing the right way (left and right).
    Yes that's what it looks like, the bigger marios should be slightly up since the pipe image in the background has a raised lip, which I didn't want covered up.

At first I made a cut out around the BG mario, but ended up just covering that image up with this as there was that slight distortion. There is a very very slight difference, which I can notice when using this cover-up technique, but I have to know it's there and look for it (which 99% of users will not).

Correct me if I get this wrong but your saying if you face that halo to the left (mirror of the attachment you posted) it shows the same? That's crazy
    Last edited by VerizonIphone4_help; 09-22-2011 at 02:05 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to VerizonIphone4_help For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (09-22-2011)

Thanks

Apologies, man. I'm always trying to use terminology straight from code or Ps tools and whatnot when I should really just describe things clearly.

Was really just wondering about your first post on this when you mentioned:

just a heads up if you want to include a shift halo image, remember it's upside down and mirrored, so a standing person image (if you wanted that or something) would need to go in the bottom left upside down in order to show in the top right right side up.
    It seems like this is just upside down (vertically flipped):

-kb-shift-halo-2x.png-halotest.png

I added that arrow to the halo.png to make sure I understood how the Mario was spaced "in use" and check the horizontal flip or "mirror"...

Either way, I'm glad you "piped" up, your's is surely one of the sweetest examples of how it can be used!

And you are correct, I mis-typed. I have corrected the post so as not to mislead anyone as well. it is:

Flipped VERTICALLY ONLY. (and distorted a bit)

lol thanks for the plug.

and for my own plug!

v 3.0.5 of MarioBrOS keyboard was released a week or so ago, there's some alterations, with the main one being the delete arrow replaced with Bob-omb! take a look already over 5,000 downloads!
    Last edited by VerizonIphone4_help; 09-22-2011 at 05:14 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to VerizonIphone4_help For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (09-22-2011)

Hey Phatmartino, i was wondering how to get a keyboard theme for that Phatblue2 picture you posted on the first page of the thread. Can you help man?
    Last edited by CrAcKzZZ; 09-24-2011 at 04:30 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CrAcKzZZ For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (09-24-2011)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

CrAcKzZZ (09-24-2011), It's Mi (10-18-2011)

phatmartino it seems you have stored to many msges so i am not able to message you :/ if u could delete a message or 2 ill send to you asap. btw, pm me when you finish doing this
    Last edited by CrAcKzZZ; 09-24-2011 at 05:51 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to CrAcKzZZ For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (10-19-2011)

Thanks Phatmartino this is going great with xQuisite i really recommend this combo. People should really try it out Thanks again man

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CrAcKzZZ For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (10-19-2011)

How's it going Phat! Checkin in to say hi

26. The Following User Says Thank You to iZangetsu For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (10-19-2011)

Thanks

Going well! Except maybe with the exception of reports that CK doesn't work with iOS 5...

Haven't played around with it at all (I'm still even on 4.2.1), but if as much doesn't work in the realm of jailbrokeness as I've heard, I'll be waiting around for a while until things get sorted out.

Been spending my time for a bit now trying to put together a YouTube music video for a good friend and former band mate. These Adobe products make anything possible in the world of video as well! I'll maybe post a link when it's done just for the hay of it (and maybe to give her a little plug).

Hope all is well!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (10-18-2011)

Going well! Except maybe with the exception of reports that CK doesn't work with iOS 5...

Haven't played around with it at all (I'm still even on 4.2.1), but if as much doesn't work in the realm of jailbrokeness as I've heard, I'll be waiting around for a while until things get sorted out.

Been spending my time for a bit now trying to put together a YouTube music video for a good friend and former band mate. These Adobe products make anything possible in the world of video as well! I'll maybe post a link when it's done just for the hay of it (and maybe to give her a little plug).

Hope all is well!
    Glad to hear it
    Yeah everything is fine on my end,

I'm still pushing 4.3.3 I don't upgrade until untethered is available
    Even so if it is true that colorkeyboard doesn't work... I'll be waiting for that to be compatible lol I can't go without my CK.

Music video? That sounds interesting! That'll be nice! I'll be keeping an eye out

Right now I've a lil project going on some one asked me to do a kb for their theme after seeing what I've done with the tools you provided
    So I'm being kept busy with that and trying to learn customizing mods lol that is easier said

30. The Following User Says Thank You to iZangetsu For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (10-19-2011)

Any chance to make it work on 3.1.2 ?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Sox For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (10-19-2011)

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VerizonIphone4_help For This Useful Post:

It's Mi (11-17-2011), Phatmartino (10-19-2011)

funny thing I installed the update (still on 4.3.3 and now its not working at all )

36. The Following User Says Thank You to iZangetsu For This Useful Post:

Phatmartino (10-19-2011)

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast