Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Attention, Theme Testers!is a discussion within the
Skinning / Themes Discussionforums, a part of the
Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touchsection;
04-13-2011, 11:08 AM #1Attention, Theme Testers!
I am a Canadian theme developer getting ready to host my themes on Cydia. Before I release my themes, I would like test the compatibility and successfulness of my packages by hearing about the experiences of other users. The package will be $0.99 on Cydia, so participate now, and you will get a complete copy of the final package sent to you for free.
Below I list the requirements to participate:
-A Jailbroken iPod touch 3rd, 2nd, or 4th Generation/ A Jailbroken iPhone 3G, 3GS, or 4
-iOS 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.2.1, 4.3, 4.3.1
-Winterboard (From Cydia)
Here are the most needed Combinations:
-An iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.1+
-An iPod Touch 4th Generation running iOS 4.2.1+
-Any 4th Generation device running iOS 4.0, 4.0.1 or 4.1
-An iPhone 3G running iOS 4.2.1
-An iPod touch 2nd Generation running iOS 4.2.1
If you have any of these devices, please download the subsequent package from this threads attachment section and test it for me using the instructions below. If it works successfully, please indicate in the comments. Your help is much appreciated!
Package testing instructions:
1. Download the package which corresponds to your current iOS device and OS version.
2. Unzip the package and use SSH or any preferred method to place the file into the “/Library/Themes.XXXXX” directory on your iOS device. If you don’t know how to navigate your devices file system from a computer, search the forums for tutorials or guides.
3. If you are running iOS 4.1 or earlier, skip to step 4. If you are running iOS 4.2.1 or higher, navigate to “/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches” in your device’s file system using the same method you used in step 2, and delete the following files:
4. Open Winterboard from your Homescreen or Preferences and and enable the “VaultFolderSwitcherTheme,” and respring!
5. Look at the following aspects of your system:
The Background of any Folder Icon
The Background of any Folder when your Open It
The Background of the Multitasking (Application) Switcher
6. If all of these aspects of your system have been changed to black and yellow diagonal stripes, the theme application has been successful! Please tell me in the comments whether or not this process was successful for you and indicate your devices model and OS version so I can know the compatibility of my package.
Thank you for your help!
If you also supply your email you will be sent a free version of each other theme I release! Please note: This will only be done if you have applied the theme successfully.
04-13-2011, 11:11 AM #2
04-13-2011, 11:49 AM #3
iPhone 4 4.2.6. Works good. I'll send you a pm with slight adjustments I made.
The Following User Says Thank You to Them3this For This Useful Post:
04-13-2011, 12:04 PM #4
04-13-2011, 08:50 PM #5
iPhone 4, iOS 4.2.1 works fine. As a side note, you might want to darken up that top, left hand stripe on the background wall; it's fine for the folder, but the switcher looks a little awkward (imo). Good luck with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to barovia For This Useful Post:
04-13-2011, 08:50 PM #6
04-13-2011, 09:25 PM #7
Thank you very much for your help! I will send you a zip file with each new theme I release! Feel free to tweak them to your liking but please only for personal use. Thanks.
Last edited by iOS Themer; 04-13-2011 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
04-13-2011, 09:26 PM #8
04-13-2011, 10:09 PM #9
04-13-2011, 10:11 PM #10
04-19-2011, 05:24 PM #11
04-19-2011, 09:39 PM #12
Yes but not iPad compatible.
04-20-2011, 03:11 PM #13
04-20-2011, 03:44 PM #14
If you want a copy of the full version, yes. You will receive it in a ZIP file format as soon as possible.
Thanks for all your help!
04-20-2011, 09:10 PM #15
04-20-2011, 09:40 PM #16
04-20-2011, 09:46 PM #17