+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dreamboard ports VS. Themes

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
With dreamboard available now, there has been a steady influx of themes into the community. Most are well done and it is obvious to notice the amount of time that
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,027 Posts

Default Dreamboard ports VS. Themes
    With dreamboard available now, there has been a steady influx of themes into the community. Most are well done and it is obvious to notice the amount of time that went into these themes. The only thing I am wondering is, will we continue to see mostly ports, or will devs start coming up with new ideas to bring into dreamboard. Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining, I've bought every db theme available, I'm just curious to see if more users like Jesse, and scar will come up with original ideas to present to us in dreamboard. Or if as a community we can start finding operating systems "outside the box" to try and replicate for the iPhone.

Just a thought

Tyler

Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 836 Posts

I don't know if I'd want to theme for DreamBoard. What's the coolest thing about it, the thing that makes people want it? Widgets?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@Jahooba
    I kinda found that from my testing with a cracked DB(which i deleted later because i didn't want anything cracked on my itouch) It was cool that it automatically set up my themes for me, so i can use ports of themes that normally require lots of setup and cydia tweaks to look good by simply switching to it.

The ui of the themes that are for db now like os7 looks amazing and thats what I think that's what
    people want. Simple and easy themes to look at or a very stunning ui

And yea the widgets are pretty awesome even though they drain my battery a bit more then normal.
    Last edited by Warriorblade; 04-14-2011 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Spacing for reading

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Warriorblade For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (04-14-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 836 Posts

What about RAM? How is it in that regard?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Normally i have 126 mb of ram without using a db theme or winterboard theme
    With the endroid theme, i'm getting about 70-90 mbs of ram.

The amount of ram i'm getting with a 1.1 cracked dreamboard is about the same as the buuf infinity theme that i normally use.

The amount of ram that i get could be very different with other people.
    Last edited by Warriorblade; 04-14-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Moar Thoughts

My iPhone is a Part of Me korbyn8495's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Them3this View Post
    With dreamboard available now, there has been a steady influx of themes into the community. Most are well done and it is obvious to notice the amount of time that went into these themes. The only thing I am wondering is, will we continue to see mostly ports, or will devs start coming up with new ideas to bring into dreamboard. Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining, I've bought every db theme available, I'm just curious to see if more users like Jesse, and scar will come up with original ideas to present to us in dreamboard. Or if as a community we can start finding operating systems "outside the box" to try and replicate for the iPhone.

Just a thought

Tyler
    For now I'm just a porter , but when I learn how to actually use my copy of PS I'll attempt to make new, DreamBoard only stuff.

Follow me on Twitter for updates and freebie themes!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I usually do ports for some personal projects or to occupy myself with, but recently I'm doing something pretty big
    Whitoken for DreamBoard 1.1 in DreamStore

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Howto
    Quote Originally Posted by korbyn8495 View Post
    For now I'm just a porter , but when I learn how to actually use my copy of PS I'll attempt to make new, DreamBoard only stuff.
    korbyn8495 can you direct me to a site that entails how to take my current wb theme and port to db? It would be greatly appreciated.