+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So How Does This work?

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Someone tell me how to install a theme to my iPhone? I'm a major noob at this and need help. I found a windows theme I must have. Also, do
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking So How Does This work?
    Someone tell me how to install a theme to my iPhone? I'm a major noob at this and need help. I found a windows theme I must have. Also, do I need my device jailbroken for this to work or is there a way around jailbreaking. Someone help a poor noob out.

Currently using 3G.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 1,170 Posts

yes, you need to be jailbroken first. You'll need to start there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So how do you jailbreak? I've been wanting to for a while but could never figure out how. I tried jailbreakme.com but keeps saying my version is to new. I'm also afraid I might ruin my iphone since I have no idea what I'm doing. Plus I'm on a contract with AT&T

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 870 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dfleck View Post
    So how do you jailbreak? I've been wanting to for a while but could never figure out how. I tried jailbreakme.com but keeps saying my version is to new. I'm also afraid I might ruin my iphone since I have no idea what I'm doing. Plus I'm on a contract with AT&T
    For what i see on your info you on 4.2.1 so here's something you can look so you get a idea how is the process of jailbreak... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBLfU1XVmmY]YouTube - Jailbreak 4.2.1 Untethered With Greenpois0n For iPhone 4/3Gs/3G iPod Touch 4th/3rd/2nd Gen & iPad[/ame]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

You cannot use greenpois0n on a 3g. Jailbreaking is quite simple. First download redsn0w 0.9.6 rc12. Here is a link. For mac Redsn0w Mac and for windows Redsn0w Windows

download the firmware from felixbruns.de use firefox or chrome to download if you are on windows. It is much easier. THen open redsn0w and choose your firmware. Click install Cydia and follow the onscreen instructions. Report back when done.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I