+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help with lockinfo icons

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I have tried everything but I can't get my weather icons to change for the 6 day forcast. ive tried overwriting the icons in library/lockinfo/plugins but they do not change.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help with lockinfo icons
    I have tried everything but I can't get my weather icons to change for the 6 day forcast. ive tried overwriting the icons in library/lockinfo/plugins but they do not change. can someone please tell me how to change from the default icons for: clouds.png
    stormy.png
    tstorms.png. .....ect

iPhone? More like MyPhone oldgit9's Avatar
    Thanks

Im not on my pc now, so I can't tell you all of the folders that I have in my lockinfo theme. But for the icons, you need to place them in a folder called "com.ashman.lockinfo.WeatherIconPlugin" and then save that in the "Bundles" folder of your theme. That works for me. I do have other folders for in my lockinfo theme, for the likes of the refresh button etc. If you want to know them, let me know and I'll pop on to my pc and get them for you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been able to change everything else so thank you. I'll try that and let you know. the only other thing I havent been able to figure out is the statisbar clock color. I can't find anything about it anywhere and no one ever replies to my posts on that. I am using the kryptonite theme right now and that changes it to black so I know it can be changed. but I want it green. any ideas?

I just tried that and also changed Th ones in com.ashman.lockinfo.lockweatherplugin. but nothing happened
    Last edited by ManOfSteele; 04-02-2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i've just checked the folders on my pc. and there is another folder with the icons in it called "com.ashman.lockinfo.WeatherIconPlugin"

but what i have done, is to add my lockinfo theme folder to this post for you to download and try. also, for you to see exactly where everything goes.

im sorry but im no expert in this thing. i stumbled across it when i was making my theme some time ago. hope it helps you in your quest.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea that's exactly how I have mine setup right now. just different icons. but they don't show up. just the default icons. could something else be stopping it? I have those in my themes folder. should I put them elsewhere?

also I forgot to mention I'm on IOS 4.1 using lockinfo 3.0.1.0
    Last edited by ManOfSteele; 04-02-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

im not sure how you have set up your theme but try this.

on your desktop, make an new folder and name it "*****.theme" (replace ***** with anything you like). open that folder and make a new folder called "Bundles". then place all the folders that you downloaded into the "Bundles" folder.

now SSH the "****.theme" folder to your "Themes" folder.
    when you've done that, access winterboard, and then make sure that the ****.theme folder is at the top of the list and make sure it's selected. then exit from winterboard.

the new lockinfo theme should then work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol. sorry man I understand what u meant and I already have it set ip exactly like that. just like yours. lol. I can change every other icon except the weather. I even tried yours but to no availe

Thanks

strange...it should work.

the only thing i can think of at the moment, is to delete the "com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.0 to com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.3" files found in var/mobile/library/caches.

you can safely these files. as they will be remade when the phone re-springs.