Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swapping Icon Sets?

Default Swapping Icon Sets?
    I don't know if this is possible but....
    I am currently using revi-krs theme, but I really like the prestige theme icons.
    I have both purchased and installed.
    Is there a way I can back up the revi icons, and just drag a certain folder somewhere to switch all the icons for the revi theme to the prestige icons?
    I hope that makes sense...

Thanks in advance...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

SSH into your device, select the revi-krs theme's icon folder and copy it to your computer. Or simply rename the Icons folder to a different name like Icons2. Then take the other icon set you want and put it into the revi-krs theme folder. If either themes use autocreate icons, take the folder containting the autocreate script and do the same as the previously mentioned method.

If the themes are autocreate, they will have folders for individual jailbreak-related apps that you will have to back up and replace with the other theme's folders.

That's what I assumed but they don't have matching folders so it doesn't seem as simple as drag and drop.

It seems like the Prestige icons are inside the Bundles folder under each .app, and I've already tried switching some bundle items around and that did nothing. I really don't know what is in the Icon Sets folder shown above because of the PNG bug for Mac, so I can't even view what those files are...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The themes are set up differently and it's hard to describe how to adjust to that. I can only say that trial and error and lots of it would be necessary. But I'm no expert themer and I'd have to see both themes and their components to really figure out what should be done.

Perhaps a themer can help you. I was afraid the themes would be set up so differently :/