+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tips on creating a smooth bootlogo

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hi I want to create a boot logo and I know I need to make individual frame and name them in order. My question is how many frames is the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Tips on creating a smooth bootlogo
    Hi

I want to create a boot logo and I know I need to make individual frame and name them in order.
    My question is how many frames is the max I can use and does each individual frame have a maximum size(how many kb)?

I have a Manchester united logo and want to make one with it spinning on its center axis.

Do you think its possible to do this so it runs smoothly?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,678 Times in 829 Posts

I've heard that it starts slowing down around 50 frames, but I haven't tested it.

On the battery mod that I made I have 30 frames (0-29), and I'm told it runs smoothly.

You'll have to keep the file size down, though. Try and minimize gradients of color by only using solid colors (or minimize the amount of frames).

You may have to test it a little bit. You can also download what others have done and compare them to see which run smoother, then use that as a target for your own.

I'm a bit disappointed in the Animate program/ solution. It uses whole png's as frames, which is a horrible way to do it. It would be far better to run an MP4 video, which would cut down on the file size considerably (and run smoother).