Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! Combine themes

Default Help! Combine themes
    I'm wondering if it's possible to download multiple themes and somehow put them together so that you can choose each icon with iconharvester? It only really let's you work with one theme at a time... If not than a simple explanation of how to choose different icons and more from different themes would be helpful. Or at least how to pull the files out so that I can use codethemed to put them together.

Yes that's how I do all my themes by combining parts from multiple sources.

To do this I uses ifunbox, mainly because it's easier to get working than ssh but both ways work. First I download all the themes that have parts I like. Then I just pick one to use as a base & just start copy/pasting icons over from the other ones into the same folder names as the one I plan on using.

I'll also use paint.net instead of Photoshop to edit certain images if I need to change theme. Ie I have a windows 7 theme on my ipad & when you open up the start menu it had the name of the themes creator so using paint.net changed it to my name, and placed it back into the same folder it was originally in.

These methods are way easier than starting from scratch because it will already give you the correct layout rather than hving to learn what folders you need & what order to out them in. Also what to name certain images so they work.

Couldn't get ssh or ifunbox to work, Ifunbox won't run correctly for some reason.. But all I really need is access to the icon files then I can upload what I want and build a custom theme in codethemed