+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help! I would like to learn how to create iPhone themes.

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hi all. I would like to learn how to create iPhone themes but my photoshop skills aren't that great. Could someone please help me with the basics. Thanks. UPDATE (a
    Thanks

Default Help! I would like to learn how to create iPhone themes.
    Hi all.

I would like to learn how to create iPhone themes but my photoshop skills aren't that great. Could someone please help me with the basics. Thanks.

UPDATE (a few hours after posting the above):

I've just read a few online tutorials about making wallpapers for the retina display of the iPhone 4 using Photoshop. After spending an hour or so playing around with the Photoshop cropping tool, I finally managed to make this. Or shall I say, crop this.

I got the image off Google Images (it's based on Assassin's Creed, anyone like AC?) The original image had a resolution of 1920x1200 (that's the default size of a Windows 7 wallpaper).

I cut out a section of it (960x640 with 326ppi resolution). The end result is shown below (what do you think?):

I also then went ahead and performed the same procedure to the default Windows 7 wallpaper. See below for a screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help! I would like to learn how to create iPhone themes.-img1.png   Help! I would like to learn how to create iPhone themes.-img0.png  
    Last edited by zrob92; 02-24-2011 at 08:50 AM.