Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Photoshop help

Default Photoshop help
    I just made an outline for icons and I'd like there to be a rounded edge inside each of the 4 corners, but I still need the center to be transparent, is there a tool I can use for this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Show guides and put four around the image to frame where you want the lines inside the frame to go.

Choose eraser and make a dot in the top left corner where you want the curve to be. Then move the mouse to the bottom left near where you'd like the curve to be. Hold down the Shift + Mouse key and it should draw a straight line down. Do this to connect each corner and the inside will be rounded.

rectangle tool to make the square, then use layer mask and draw the mask with the rounded rectangle tool. Use guides and rulers to get the size you want.

Last edited by Censored; 02-21-2011 at 05:18 PM.

I have show guides selected but I see none...

that outer square is a border then I want a rounded icon look on the inside as a part of the border, I have to keep the center transparent cause I'm laying it over my image outer border a different color, the rounded one will be black

Quote Originally Posted by magusxxx View Post
    Show guides and put four around the image to frame where you want the lines inside the frame to go.

Choose eraser and make a dot in the top left corner where you want the curve to be. Then move the mouse to the bottom left near where you'd like the curve to be. Hold down the Shift + Mouse key and it should draw a straight line down. Do this to connect each corner and the inside will be rounded.
    sorry could you explain like I'm stupid? I'm not really sure what you're saying

don't use the eraser method and for the guides, just select the move tool and click and drag on the ruler, place the guide where you want it.

I have another problem now, I reinstalled Photoshop and it will not let me save as png...

Quote Originally Posted by Censored View Post
    don't use the eraser method and for the guides, just select the move tool and click and drag on the ruler, place the guide where you want it.
    how do I remove a guide?