+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie Need Help On InstallingTimeless HD

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hi guys! I'm happy to be here. My name is Gwen and I'm a newb I have put so much into theming my phone. I've spent more than a few
    What's Jailbreak? GwenevereLynn's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Newbie Need Help On InstallingTimeless HD
    Hi guys! I'm happy to be here. My name is Gwen and I'm a newb I have put so much into theming my phone. I've spent more than a few bucks and actually bought the Timeless HD theme twice in effort to get the download code plus ifile wanted $4.00, so I'm like seriously losing my mind & so frustrated.
    My first question is in moding the weather widget, what do I do when I'm in iFile? I'm supposed to "rework" the file and "open" the path??? I can't seem to find simplistic definitions on the net, so I thought I would join and pray that you gys would give me a hand. I would really appreciate it. I hope to find a friendly place where I may ask questions and max my phone out.
    P.S. I'm a former rooter of android phones and was sadly subjected to some real crappy dudes who were not so nice to me, or harassed those who helped me. I hope I've a found a good place.
    " When the going get's weird, the weird turn pro."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Gwen,
    I don't have an iphone4 but the weather widgets usually work the same for all themes I would think. What I do is, I use iphone browser to access your iphone. Then navigate to Library > Themes. Now this is for a 3GS so yours may be different. Find the Timeless theme and in the weather widget, locate the widget.html file. Open this in notepad or whatever and find var locale ='City, State'. You can enter your zip code here or go to Yahoo's weather page and get a code for your location. That has worked for me and I use PictureWeather&Clock,theme for my phone. Somebody else might be able to help more since I don't have an iphone4. Hope that helps and welcome to modmyi. You'll like it here. Tons of info.

What's Jailbreak? GwenevereLynn's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks, love! I'm a bit confused, yet I'm on it. I'll just stumble my way through your directions. I really appreciate your help. It means much to me!
    Love,
    Gwen
    " When the going get's weird, the weird turn pro."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi Gwen, did you manage to change it ? I'm having the same trouble with mine. ;-)