+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Random theming questions!!

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Ok so y'all know when you make a folder it shows a couple of tiny app icons right?? Is there a way to just see the folder icon and not
    iPhoneaholic
    It's hot it's humid and there's Mosquitos!! But we also have crawfish Mardi GRAS and Burbon Street!!
    Thanks

Default Random theming questions!!
    Ok so y'all know when you make a folder it shows a couple of tiny app icons right?? Is there a way to just see the folder icon and not the tiny apps??

Second: is there a way to have a different icon for each folder??

I'm on an iPod touch 3 running 4.2

I have a couple more but I will start with these!!
    Thanx in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,923 Posts

I haven't seen even the most advanced themes do either of the things youre asking about, so I would guess no. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

I've dissected a couple themes to see how they're set up and as far as I can see, the folders are themed by one file, so I don't know if you could make new ones to target each folder (it seems unlikely because the folders are generalized as one item). Don't know if that made sense :/ having a hard time finding the right wording.

iPhoneaholic
    It's hot it's humid and there's Mosquitos!! But we also have crawfish Mardi GRAS and Burbon Street!!
    Thanks

Ok thank you!! I'm about to leave to go shopping hopefully I'll have an answer to my next question by the time I get back!!

Now next question: Was self SOLVED!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok I'm home and I've thought of another thing!

I have some really cool Mario mushroom icons but they have a black background that I can not get rid of!! Everytime I try it looks terrible. Ia anyone around that can help me with this?? Here is just one of them!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Random theming questions!!-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Re: Mushroom Image
    Hey! I got rid of the background for you on that image you uploaded

I have my own question actually. Umm, I've been trying to edit the unlock sound on 4.2.1. I used methods for 4.0 (making the unlock.caf file into UISounds) but when i try that method, it just plays no noise at all. And futher inspection into the phone's system files, these sounds are now .aiff ( i dont know if they were before) but i tried making aif files as well, and that doesnt work either. any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

That you!! I have changed all my sounds give me a min and I'll go look for you ok??

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well I'm on 4.2 and all my ui sounds are still caf??

System/library/audio/ui sounds

That's how I find my audio files

But see I just found a couple of themes on Cydia with ui sounds and renamed them to what I want? I don't know to much about converting

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

you could always try categories as an alternative to folders

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I think I've found a half way solution, I have folder enhancer so I can jut fill the first page with blanks so nothing shows. As for per-folder icons, it's ok I have a couple of really cool icons that I can use now that I've thought of a way to have no tiny app images!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Can anyone tell me how to change the color of text and numbers in the music player?? And how do I change the button that's still white? The one to the left?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Random theming questions!!-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok to extend the earlier post^^^ has anyone managed to successfully theme the whole music player?? The playlist artists songs and albums buttons? I cant get it to work no matter what I do!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Re-Cre4ted's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scipack View Post
    Hey! I got rid of the background for you on that image you uploaded

I have my own question actually. Umm, I've been trying to edit the unlock sound on 4.2.1. I used methods for 4.0 (making the unlock.caf file into UISounds) but when i try that method, it just plays no noise at all. And futher inspection into the phone's system files, these sounds are now .aiff ( i dont know if they were before) but i tried making aif files as well, and that doesnt work either. any suggestions?
    Well the only thing I think is that you probably changed a .mp3 to a . But that doesn't work just look on google for a tutorial making .caf files

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Don't know ether or not this goes here but I've been working on a theme for a few days now, I'm just about done but I really want to edit the Music Player. I can change the bottom buttons but other then that nothing. I'm on 4.2.1 can anyone help?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,864 Times in 2,205 Posts

I am wondering if you couldnt just makea folder mask to cover the center to not show the icons? I am playing around with that stuff right now but i maybe way off sorta a n00b when it comes to theming
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph725 View Post
    Don't know ether or not this goes here but I've been working on a theme for a few days now, I'm just about done but I really want to edit the Music Player. I can change the bottom buttons but other then that nothing. I'm on 4.2.1 can anyone help?
    ok I've gotten quite a bit themed on the music player, if you wanna pm me I can help walk you through some stuff.