+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FaceTime app Icon

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
Hey everyone! I seem to be having a little bit of trouble changing my FaceTime icon. I keep trying to put it in the obvious places /My Theme/Folders/MobilePhone.app/[email protected] /My Theme/Folders/MobilePhone.app/[email protected]
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation FaceTime app Icon
    Hey everyone!

I seem to be having a little bit of trouble changing my FaceTime icon. I keep trying to put it in the obvious places

/My Theme/Folders/MobilePhone.app/[email protected]
    /My Theme/Folders/MobilePhone.app/[email protected]
    /My theme/Bundles/com.apple.MobilePhone/[email protected]/My
    /My theme/Bundles/com.apple.MobilePhone/[email protected]

but every time I respring it doesn't work. I tried putting it in

/My Theme/Icons/FaceTime.png

and that worked, but it doesn't look right because it doesn't have the same resolution as the others. (I had to scale it down from 118x120 to 60x60 just so it could fit on the home screen.)

Thanks for everything, guys.

I would love any help or insight towards getting this straightened out, because it's so frustrating that I just had to walk away to take a breather. Also, in case you haven't figured it out already, this is my first attempt at making a custom theme. lol
    Last edited by simplestdemise; 02-18-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I have down the folder is suppose to be com.apple.mobilephone

It may matter if it's case sensitive. I was wondering the same thing, btw..

What do you have for iPod, Music, and Video. All of those I have com.apple.mobileipod

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks! I'll give it a shot. another thing i thought of is, maybe I need the icon for the Phone as well... I mean, although I have an iPod touch, maybe it needs it. Plus if and when I decide to publish it, other users are going to need it as well.

as far as iPod, Music, and Video, don't quote me on this, but I think it's

com.apple.mobileipod-AudioPlayer for music

com.apple.mobileipod-VideoPlayer for videos

com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer for iPod

like I said, I may be wrong but I hope that works for you!

[EDIT] OK. After a while of tinkering and playing around in iFile, I have finally figured it out and got my icon to work properly. It (sadly) was just a simple capitalization of the word "icon" in the correct directory as noted below:

/themename/Folders/MobilePhone.app/[email protected]

so, for those wondering where you're FaceTime icon goes... there you have it. : )
    Last edited by simplestdemise; 02-18-2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

didnt work for me changed image in mobile.app didnt change incall button still white
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FaceTime app Icon-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I'm not really sure on how to do that... I was mainly focusing on the icon on the Home Screen. However, If you want, I'll be glad to look into it for you.

But, Yeah... I was just trying to get the main icon working...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FaceTime app Icon-icon-facetime-2x.png  

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ipodhacker58's Avatar
    Thanks

do you make a folder in the mobile section or just make the oicture called that

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if you're applying the facetime icon to the home screen here is the folder hierarchy you should have:

for FaceTime:

/[name of theme]/Folders/MobilePhone.app/[email protected]/

don't apply the .app extension to the MobilePhone folder until you have all the files you need placed into the folder. if you do, you'll have to right click (or cmd-click) and select 'show package contents'.

to make your theme compatible with iPhone and not just iPod touch it's nice to have a matching icon for the Phone app as well.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ipodhacker58's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simplestdemise View Post
    if you're applying the facetime icon to the home screen here is the folder hierarchy you should have:

for FaceTime:

/[name of theme]/Folders/MobilePhone.app/[email protected]/

don't apply the .app extension to the MobilePhone folder until you have all the files you need placed into the folder. if you do, you'll have to right click (or cmd-click) and select 'show package contents'.

to make your theme compatible with iPhone and not just iPod touch it's nice to have a matching icon for the Phone app as well.
    Could you message me a detailed description on how to do so I'm a little confused