Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FolderEnhancer "piracy hurts" error- WTF?

Default FolderEnhancer "piracy hurts" error- WTF?
    A couple weeks ago I downloaded the latest version of FolderEnhancer (at that time) from the xsellize repo. Yesterday it hit me with the "piracy hurts" notification that said my evaluation period ended and then crashes the springboard when you hit "dismiss." So I removed the app and said screw it, it's only $2.50 and it's useful so bought it from the bigboss repo. Everything worked good, but then when I tried to restore my theme from backboard (I had a lot of folders in folder and all those apps scattered everywhere when I removed folderenhancer), it then hit me with the same stupid notification that says "piracy hurts." WTF is the deal with this? How do I fix it? This is so dumb... I paid these pricks for this app and I'm still getting the same stupid notification that prevents me from using my iphone without removing that app.

When I read up about it, I saw somewhere that the notification comes up if you downloaded the app from another repo because there is a thing that checks that. So I even went back into cydia and it says the repo I downloaded it from right on there (big boss), so I don't understand what's up with this. Ideas?

The problem is backboard. I had EXACTLY the same issue. The only way around this, is to either ssh into your phone and delete the backups of settings bakboard makes (i cant remember the location) or uninstall back board, reinstall and set everything up again.
    The trouble is, backboard backs up alot of settings that arent neccassary.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weaksos1 View Post
    A couple weeks ago I downloaded the latest version of FolderEnhancer (at that time) from the xsellize repo. Yesterday it hit me with the "piracy hurts" notification that said my evaluation period ended and then crashes the springboard when you hit "dismiss." So I removed the app and said screw it, it's only $2.50 and it's useful so bought it from the bigboss repo. Everything worked good, but then when I tried to restore my theme from backboard (I had a lot of folders in folder and all those apps scattered everywhere when I removed folderenhancer), it then hit me with the same stupid notification that says "piracy hurts." WTF is the deal with this? How do I fix it? This is so dumb... I paid these pricks for this app and I'm still getting the same stupid notification that prevents me from using my iphone without removing that app.

When I read up about it, I saw somewhere that the notification comes up if you downloaded the app from another repo because there is a thing that checks that. So I even went back into cydia and it says the repo I downloaded it from right on there (big boss), so I don't understand what's up with this. Ideas?
    You could also email the "Pricks" who created the app you are complaining about. Maybe they will help you, after all, you sound like a great customer.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 1hihum For This Useful Post:

stlcaddie (02-19-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by ukhellfire View Post
    The problem is backboard. I had EXACTLY the same issue. The only way around this, is to either ssh into your phone and delete the backups of settings bakboard makes (i cant remember the location) or uninstall back board, reinstall and set everything up again.
    Thanks for the info. Is there a way to just delete the settings that relate to folderenhancer, so that I could keep my saved themes? ... I have a couple themes where it took hours to set them up, and I really don't have the time redo those.

Thanks

LOL, well said, well said. If you downloaded the first one from xsellize then it was pirated( big surprised face ) so even after buying it I'm sure there's sone left over files from the cracked version. Best advice is not to use third party REPO's. Trust in Cydia and what she Provides you. pr
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    You could also email the "Pricks" who created the app you are complaining about. Maybe they will help you, after all, you sound like a great customer.

Quote Originally Posted by ukhellfire View Post
    So I found the folder location and did this. I uninstalled folderenhancer and deleted jp.ashikase.folderenhancer.plist from /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ AND from each of the saved themes under /var/mobile/library/wynd/isetup/ . Then I reinstalled folderenhancer. When I switched themes to one of the themes, it worked fine. Then I tried to switch to another theme and it hit me with the "piracy hurts" notification and crashed the springboard. What other settings files do I need to delete from the backboard settings to get this working without uninstalling backboard? (I don't want to lose all my saved themes).

The sinful iPhone website has an answer on how to fix this issue.

The Sinful iPhone website has an answer to this problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Im sure they do.

Quote Originally Posted by FISH5742 View Post
    The Sinful iPhone website has an answer to this problem.
    Thanks for the heads up, but the info doesn't solve the problem with backboard (I'm pretty sure the problem is related to saved backboard settings because folderenhancer works fine (even if I respring or reboot) until I install another theme through backboard). Anybody got an idea of what other backboard settings I need to delete (in addition to the jp.ashikase.folderenhancer.plist file) to fix this issue without losing my saved themes?

Uhh.. Bueller?