Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Alternative to Winterboard? Icons

Default Alternative to Winterboard? Icons
    It's no surprise to most of us that winterboard slows down the iPhone. Especially for those like me whom own a 3G and those with a 2G, although this applies more with iPhone 3G since alot of us have ours on 4.2.1 with the iPad baseband for our unlocks to work.

I have a few questions:
    1. Is apple now signing app icons for 4.2.1 ... Cause I have read that they are now????

I would like to know because I do not want to use winterboard because I can easily SSH most .png files to my phone for a theme minus the lagg.. As alot of us know.

The last and only thing I want to do it replace my app icons with those from the glasklart theme without winterboard if even possible with this updated firmware... So can I?

If not.... Are there better alternatives for custom icons like ionno... Iconharvester or something?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

This is what I do to. I am also using a custom glasklart HD in which I just batch resized all icons to 50%, which makes them the non-retina size. Regular glasklart uses the old summerboard way with icons that are 60x60 and not 57x57.

I rared my pack up so you can use it. Download AppLinks from cydia because it makes it so much easier. I then just use ssh, and drag all the folders in Double Folder, into the AppLinks shortcut in /var/mobile, it replaces all of my icons for me. This pack is customized to the apps that I have, I also replace some UI images, the System folder, but to do most UI you need to modify artwork files or just use winterboard. Also remember to delete the AppIconMask.png in the MobileIcons.framework folder.

The only downside is that the calendar is black, there is no way to change it to white without winterboard.

No Winterboard.rar
    Last edited by sevenalive; 04-09-2011 at 01:26 PM.
    If you don't like it, MOD IT!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sevenalive For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-12-2013)