Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dock icons way too high up in 4,2,1 JB

Default Dock icons way too high up in 4,2,1 JB
    [Iíve done my due diligence Googling and searching the forums. Pardon if I missed the answer to this.]

After upgrading to 4.2.1 JB, my Dock icons are up way higher from the bottom of the screen than where they would normally be positioned. The page indicators followed them up. Therefore they're higher than any dock.

Worse, I donít even have to have a Winterboard theme active. Theyíre up too high regardless of Winterboard themes.

Things Iíve tried: uninstalled 5 Icon Dock, altered the Dock background file (now back to normal), messed around with transparent dock and various types of docks. (Also, I know that the location of the Dock.png has changed in Winterboard.)

Can anyone help? This is the last glitch I need to fix in 4.2.1 JB and itís a big one.

Here's what my Springboard looks like. Notice that the dock icons are an entire row up from where they should be? (I removed the dock image and the reflections because it looked so bad.)
    Last edited by myboot; 02-10-2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

thats your problem, you removed the dock images.

download these for a transparent dock download

Thanks. But I did not remove or delete my dock icons. Sorry if I was unclear. I have a transparent dock and transparent reflection thingie in place right now because my icons look so bad hovering way above them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myboot View Post
    Thanks. But I did not remove or delete my dock icons. Sorry if I was unclear. I have a transparent dock and transparent reflection thingie in place right now because my icons look so bad hovering way above them.
    okay your using a transparent dock, and everything looks normal. good, that was what i sent you.

i dont know why, but the dock is sooo messed up on 4.2.1, im going the ghetto route, and pasting my dock image directly onto my wallpaper.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pen.suhl For This Useful Post:

myboot (02-11-2011)

You're not understanding me. My icons are one row up. They were this way before I started fiddling with graphics files. All I had done up to that point was install Winterboard and 5-icon dock. This has nothing to do with a theme. The dock icons are still one row up without any theme.

pen.suhl

I resolved this issue. I still don't know what I did to resolve it but your transparent dock png's helped (even though I had a transparent dock going). Thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate it.

I've had no luck with inserting my own dock without shifting the icons up again. I think I may end up just adding the dock to the wallpaper until Winterboard handles this better.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by myboot; 02-11-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have the same exact problem after my upgrade to 4.2. I tried some themes and had to remove them to get the dock icons back down to normal.

Sorry you have the same problem as I, but at least you have confirmation now.

I have the same issue on a 3gs. no solution so far.

I saw this thread, but have yet to try out the method, hopefully it will work, I'll update when I do.

Transparent Dock Not Working Properly
    Last edited by uhit235; 02-19-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: url