Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Slide to unlock" Un-removeable?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default this might work
    I've just tried removing text in the springboard.strings file, just leaving "" in the saurik theme and it worked fine for me. just the slider with no text. i've removed everything else from the theme apart from the no text slider and attached it for you to play with. I'm using 4.2.1.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Patato:

Yeah, One of the first I tried, didn't work : (

Bigeasy:

Hmm, so you are saying, I should apply the Saurik theme? Then remove the "slide to unlock" text?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well i've attached a theme file which should work (default iphone theme without the slider text) or you could open your theme file and copy the contents out of mine into yours. if you're not sure what to do let me know what theme you are using and i'll download it, modify it and re-upload it here with the mod.

Well, I'm using Elite Pro HD, and ermmm, I don't think that it is possible to use the free versions springboard, with the paid version so yeah...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I didn't realise it was a paid for theme so I can't do that as I don't own it and couldn't upload it even if i did.

Yeah. You know, I got so many theories about this, but I am unsure. Maybe it is something wrong in my folders in iFile? Maybe it is because of my iOS? Perhaps because of themes interferring with each other? You know... I'd wish someone could make a simple app or addon, removing the text. No fuzzing around, just removing the text. Overriding any themes, any lockscreens, any.

That'd be good.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I always mod them on my computer, it's much easier, i just copy them to and fro using cyberduck

Yeah, if I knew how to mod : D

Make sure your edited lockscreen is on top of other themes in winterboard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

okay, i'll try to do a step by step for you.
    open ifile
    browse to /Private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/EPHD.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard (where.xxxx will be random letters)

press edit then the + icon

create a directory called en.lproj

press done then click on the newly created folder

press edit then + again

this time call it SpringBoard.strings and under "type" make sure you select regular file. press create then done

click on the new file. at this point it might throw up an error, ignore it. it might also ask what you want to open it with, if it does press text viewer.

now click edit then type "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" = "";

press save then done.

press home and open winterboard, untick EPHD then tick it again, go back and press respring.

Hopefully that will work for you

Hmm, in the com.apple.springboard. I got a lot of PNG's. Am I supposed to make a file there anyway?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah, don't worry about them

Ok, I will try it now. I'll update after I've tried it : )

Edit #1:

Nope. It didn't work : (
    Last edited by FindThatCamper; 01-17-2011 at 10:14 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

did you create the SpringBoard.strings inside the en.lproj folder? I think it might be case sensitive too. ie "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" = ""; not "away_lock_label" = "";

Yeah I did. Is it Iproj with an i, or is it Iproj with an L?

You'd think that most of these things would fix it. But no no no, bloody apple has to make an update which doesn't do practically any good : D

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it's an L also the filename has to be SpringBoard.strings too.
    I downloaded the elite pro hd theme and modified it using my guide and got it working first time, i'm on 4.2.1 also.

Ahh. I used i : D

Edit #1:
    It didn't work this time either : ( I am so clueless!
    Must be something on my iPhone perhaps? Something in the folders in iFile? Or perhaps in the settings?

Hmm wait. Do I need to edit my Region Format? I have only edit my Language... that might be it : O
    Last edited by FindThatCamper; 01-17-2011 at 10:35 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I assumed you are running it in english, hence the en.lproj. looking at your info i assume you may be Deutsch so you could try renaming it de.lproj. I'm not sure how it works to be honest

Just double check everything, make sure the file path is : /Private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/EPHD.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/en.lproj/SpringBoard.strings
    and that it says "AWAY_LOCK_LABEL" = ""; (there is a space either side of the = symbol)
    Last edited by bigeasy; 01-17-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Everything is correct, looked over it twice... hmm

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have you got the Saurik theme? i think it comes with winterboard because i can't remember downloading it and it's fugly (in my opinion)
    if you have untick everything else and just enable this, when you respring it will say "slide to saurik" instead of unlock, hopefully. try it out and post the result here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast