Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icon problems with the iPhone 4.

Default Icon problems with the iPhone 4.
    Every theme I've downloaded has been for the iPhone 4, but some icons still keep their default appearance.

I haven't the slightest clue as far as what I'm doing wrong goes.

I'm sure you've all read about this before. But please, help a clueless person out.

no theme will have every icon for every app. usually, the theme will only have the most popular icons converted for that theme. most themes these days will come with an icon .psd files. so that you can make the icons that you are missing.

after you have made the icon, you need to name it correctly and place it in the correct folder. that will depend depend on the theme they your using.

Edit
    have a look at this thread How to Create AUTO-SKINNING App-Store Icons for Your Theme.... it should help
    Last edited by oldgit9; 01-12-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMB1EZ View Post
    Every theme I've downloaded has been for the iPhone 4, but some icons still keep their default appearance.

I haven't the slightest clue as far as what I'm doing wrong goes.

I'm sure you've all read about this before. But please, help a clueless person out.
    I have the same problem on my iPhone 4 (4.1 fw) i think.

AMy problem is that in every theme i've downloaded this far (50+) does not change the appearance of basic very common icons such as Phone and Messages. Seems kind of strange if 50+ themes and no one themed either the Phone or the Message icon.

Help appreciated, thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by erik2 View Post
    I have the same problem on my iPhone 4 (4.1 fw) i think.

AMy problem is that in every theme i've downloaded this far (50+) does not change the appearance of basic very common icons such as Phone and Messages. Seems kind of strange if 50+ themes and no one themed eitNher the Phone or the Message icon.

Help appreciated, thanks guys!
    New themes can not apply the icon mask etc to certain icons like the messages icon etc.

Have a read of the thread that I linked in my last post. That should explain everything