Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icon Theming Help

Unhappy Icon Theming Help
    I'm creating icons for individual apps and i ran into a problem. When I made separate ones for "Angry Birds" and "Angry Birds Seasons" I got the same "Angry birds" Icon for both of them. I believe this is because on the springboard they are both Called "Angry Birds" How can I make it so that they come up with the correct DIFFERENT icons?

iPhone? More like MyPhone bryberg's Avatar
    Thanks

Use the bundles method. Create a folder in your theme. Name it bundles/com.rovio.AngryBirdsHalloween and put the seasons icon in that folder. Make sure you name the icon either Icon.png or [email protected] depending on which device you have.

Or you can probably edit the info.plist file in the app folder to change the name of the app, but the problem with that is you will have to do it each time an update is released.

Unhappy Hmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by bryberg View Post
    Use the bundles method. Create a folder in your theme. Name it bundles/com.rovio.AngryBirdsHalloween and put the seasons icon in that folder. Make sure you name the icon either Icon.png or [email protected] depending on which device you have.

Or you can probably edit the info.plist file in the app folder to change the name of the app, but the problem with that is you will have to do it each time an update is released.
    oh yeah...I should've known that!!! but (im sure this is my fault.) It's not working. I have a iPod touch 3rd gen so i did not do @2x and they did not come up. I tried "Icon.png" and "icon.png"
    My directory tree is as follows
    "name.theme"
    --"Bundles"
    ----"com.rovio.AngryBirds"
    ------"icon.png"
    ----"com.rovio.AngryBirdsSeasons"
    ------"icon.png"

Did I do something wrong? Maybe the name isn't "com.rovio.AngryBirds"exactly. I dont know...?

Thanks

It case sensitive, capitalize the i in icon

Quote Originally Posted by bryberg View Post
    It case sensitive, capitalize the i in icon
    It still doesn't work... does the size have to be a certain size (mine are 59x59)

Thanks

The seasons app is com.rovio.AngryBirdsHalloween, When it was originally released it was called Angry Birds Halloween, they changed the name to Seasons when the christmas version was released.

The regular version is com.clickgamer.AngryBirds

They must have cut ties with clickgamer after the initial release, it shows up as com.rovio.AngryBirds in the version for Mac OS X that was released yesterday.

The original icons are 114 x 114 for both versions, which is strange
    Last edited by bryberg; 01-06-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Unhappy Confused
    I'm Almost positive your answer is correct. I attached a zip with the theme. Could you SSH it to your iPhone/Pod and test it for me? Test Icons.zip