Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downloading just icons

Default Downloading just icons
    Hey all, I was wondering if theres a way to just get icons from cydia. I like the look of different icons but I dont want the whole theme. If its possible id rather just download a icon pack and use winterboard to use them. Is this possible and can someone point me in the right direction? Sorry I'm kind of out of the loop with all this jailbreaking stuff.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If you find a theme that the icons you like, learning to SSH would be a good way for you.

Once you SSH into your phone, navigate to var/stash/themes.xxxx and find the theme you downloaded. Then go into the folder and delete everything except the icons folder. If it is an autocreate icon theme, delete everything else except the folder containing the PSD files which generate the autocreated icons. And also the folder container Cydia icons, don't delete that one.

I think it's hard to find just an icon pack because most people like to make entire themes, I'm sure it isn't impossible to find but at least SSHing in will expand your choices.

Oh okay, the reason I ask this is because I want the nice look of using new icons without the lag I often hear about with using winterboard. So SSHing the icons only will probably not make my phone lag at all right

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

SSH doesn't mean you don't use winterboard. You still have to use winterboard with the icons. Messing with system files like icon images without use of winterboard will disable your stock apps and cannot be fixed unless restored. Winterboard also doesn't cause much lag, some but not much, if you're experiencing lag you might consider something else is causing it.