+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SummerBoard Themes

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I have a Macbook Pro running Leopard. I have Summerboard isntalled on my iPhone currently and can access a number of Themes. 1. Why when I select themes on my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default SummerBoard Themes
    I have a Macbook Pro running Leopard. I have Summerboard isntalled on my iPhone currently and can access a number of Themes.

1. Why when I select themes on my iPhone, sometimes they appear and sometimes they dont do anything?

2. How do I get downloaded themes from the Forum Board from my Mac Desktop to my iPhone?

Thanks Kindly,

Alan

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

As for question #1 - not sure, I am assuming they were ones either included with Summerboard or downloaded from installer so they should work.

Now, to upload themes you download from this site (or anywhere), you will need to SSH into the phone.

On a Mac you would use a program called Independence.

Search the forum for an "SSH" tutorial, cause you will need to install "BSD Subsystem" and "OpenSSH" onto your phone (from installer). Then install Independence onto your Mac and set it up properly.

After that, Indepedence will show you the file system in the phone when its plugged in and you just drag and drop the files (you can search to find the correct directory)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How about iSwitcher, where can I find the install file for that? I see that they have a bunch of cool themes for the iPhone.

Any other cool tools for the iPhone that you can turn me onto? I really appreciate your response and helping me out. I am learning a lot.....

Alan

So I installed all of what you told me and I see the folders on my desktop in Independence, however I dont see a Themes Folder. What I see is Ringtones, Wallpapers and Applications, then subfolders to the right of that called System and User

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by alanmpoulin; 03-19-2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Summerboard themes are located in this directory:

/private/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes

There are alot of cool programs you can use.....however I run a WinPC, so I dont really know all that much about what good Mac programs are out there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So how do I get to this directory, what is the correct steps:

/private/var/mobile/Library/SummerBoard/Themes