Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lockscreen theme NOT working!!!

Default Lockscreen theme NOT working!!!
    Hello,

Like the tittle say's i can't seem to theme my lockscreen. Ive purchased the theme named neurotech HD cant get the theme for lockscreen to work. I have iphone 4 IOS 4.2.1. Ive tried searching over google and here but cant seem to find a fix for it.

Any help would be GREATLY! appreciated

This is the first time I've heard of this problem. I don't know if it's a 4.2.1 thing or what.

So, let's start with the basics. What kind of device do you have? iPhone 4? 3GS? And do you have access to your file system through iFile or SSH?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 737 Posts

LockScreen HTML is changed for 4.2.1

It's gone over here:
    Theme changes required to bring your 4.1 theme up to 4.2.1
    My latest theme - -

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sanady361 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (12-15-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanady361 View Post
    LockScreen HTML is changed for 4.2.1

It's gone over here:
    Theme changes required to bring your 4.1 theme up to 4.2.1
    Thanks, Sanady, my theme doesn't have any HTML lockscreens, though. Just the good ol' LockBackground.png and sliders.

i have iphone 4 IOS 4.2. i can acces my files through ssh or ifile. the only thing thats changing is the slider :0 also the lock keypad is not changing like in the screen shot of the theme.

Hmm...

• In WinterBoard, is "SummerBoard Mode" switched to "OFF"?
    • In Winterboard, is Neurotech HD at the top of the list?

There may be issues with 4.2, like stuff not working. There's a warning about upgrading to 4.2 because there is no stable jailbreak for it yet.

Officially my theme does not support 4.2+ because of the lack of stability with Mobile Substrate and 4.2.

If you have your SHSH blobs saved you can downgrade, I believe.

summerboard is off and the neurotech theme is on the top.
    unfortunately i dont have my SHSH blob saved so i cant downgrade

the only thing thats changing is the slider. the wallpaper everything else is not. ive been trying to search for a solution and still cant find any.

We'll just take it one step at a time.

Have you tried rebooting?

In iFile go to var/stash/themes/Neurotech [HD], do you see a file there called "LockBackground.png"?

In iFile, tap on this image and then open in the image viewer. Now hit the little icon with the down arrow, it will then give you a little message saying, "The image got successfully added to the camera roll."

Exit out of iFile and open your Photos app, find the lockscreen image and hit the button on the far-bottom left, then Use as Wallpaper -> Set -> Set Lock Screen.

Tell me if that works!

Lol I did that but Im wanted to see the real lockscreen if there's difference also I managed to fix the lockpad for the lockscreen by adding ~iPhone on some files lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Z3k3y For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (12-15-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Z3k3y View Post
    Lol I did that but Im wanted to see the real lockscreen if there's difference also I managed to fix the lockpad for the lockscreen by adding ~iPhone on some files lol
    Thanks! I'll add ~iphone to all three of the lock dial pad files for the next update.

That is the real lockscreen.

You can find the other two by going into var/stash/themes/Neurotech Lock 2&3, and adding the two LockBackground images to your camera roll.

If there's a better way to do it I haven't learned it yet.

Lol looking forwar for more updates :P keyboard and more icons :

Dude one more request! Can you make a theme or the folder enchancer?
    Last edited by Z3k3y; 12-15-2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

In the folder enhancer settings simply choose "transparent backgrounds" and thats exactly how I intended the theme to look

I'll emphasize that on my main page a little better.

Hey Guys i gotta same sort of issue....I have got Snowflake hd lockscreen theme. Whn i activate it in winterboard i got black background nt wot suppose to be. I tried adding image in the wallpapers n tried settin it up frm there bt still it doent wrk. D/loaded User Lock Background 4.0 frm cydia aswell bt it still doent wrk.
    Snowflake HD Theme
    -------------------------------
    1)Place Snowflake HD.theme in //var/stash/Themes
    *note: This theme is designed to work with Lockinfo.. may require some adjustments without it, but try it

2)Place LockBackground.png /private/var/mobile/Library

3)Activate via Winterboard and you are DONE!

This is wot in the instructions say...cant figure it out.
    Any help plz...

Do you own Lockinfo? Is it a legit copy?

Yes....Bt i got it wrking nw! Bt anyways thanks for replying! I really appriciate it!
    Thanks a lot bruv!

I was jus confused where to drop the LockBackground.png in Private/Var/Mobile/Library.....cuz of so many folders. I was droppin it in the springboard dats why it wasnt wrking.
    Anyways thanks bruv really really appriciate for ur reply!
    Last edited by AWSUM; 12-19-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hehe, wish i could have helped more, I was just getting started -- sometimes in the tech world you have to start with, "Is your Device ON and RUNNING?" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Hehe, wish i could have helped more, I was just getting started -- sometimes in the tech world you have to start with, "Is your Device ON and RUNNING?" lol
    hi i know this is old but im getting issus with same thing

im using iphone 4 on ios 4.3.3 and when i create a theme it goes well except Lockbackground.png

and i cant seem to work it out as to y it wont show up

im placeing all my files into

Library/Themes/{theme-name}/

Lockbackground no longer works in 4.2+. You have to set it manually. Send your image to yourself via email, then open it on your device and save it to your photo roll. Then simply open your photo app and set the image as your lock screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Lockbackground no longer works in 4.2+. You have to set it manually. Send your image to yourself via email, then open it on your device and save it to your photo roll. Then simply open your photo app and set the image as your lock screen.
    ok thanks mate

thats how i been soing it

just thought lockbackground still worked and i was doing it wrong that clears up my confusion