+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: some things needed for 4.2.1 theming

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
I'm having some issues with the theme on 4.2.1 For one my dock is too low and the reflections are still there, I used to be able to use the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default some things needed for 4.2.1 theming
    I'm having some issues with the theme on 4.2.1

For one my dock is too low and the reflections are still there, I used to be able to use the Dock.png in the root of the theme folder, but now I'm using SBDockBG.png.

Next the update badges that are numbered on the icons, which I have a glass orb of, is showing a solid white line down the center, which I don't know why it's there.

I also have a round shadow when I click the app icons that wasn't there in 4.1

Last issue are the phantom icons when I open a folder. They still revert to normal like they did in 4.1 but now the second row of icons is showing on top of my folder icons, and it is annoying.

Any help would be great for me and anyone else with similar issues. Thanks!

*Some new things I have found out, the folder phantom icons are coming from the dock trying to act like the reflective dock instead of a normal custom dock, so that's one issue down.
    Last edited by pyrojing; 11-30-2010 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone bryberg's Avatar
    Thanks

To get rid of the dock reflection, create a transparent png (120 x 118px) and name it SBDockMask(@2x).png[/ and place it in your com.apple.springboard bundle.

I was also having problems with my badges after the 4.2.1 update, I resized the image to 50% of the original and it fixed the problem. I think your icon mask/shadow may need to be edited based on the shadow showing up when you select the icon.

can you upload a screenshot?
    Last edited by bryberg; 11-30-2010 at 10:57 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Some help with theming plz guys. I too upgraded to 4.2.1 and noticed some irregularities, in particular, no DOCK image. It seems the dock filename has changed?

From reading your post i renamed the dock.png to SBDockBG.png but had no effect. Is there something else I could try?

Thanks

PS using SISTA theme.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrojing View Post
    I'm having some issues with the theme on 4.2.1

For one my dock is too low and the reflections are still there, I used to be able to use the Dock.png in the root of the theme folder, but now I'm using SBDockBG.png.

Next the update badges that are numbered on the icons, which I have a glass orb of, is showing a solid white line down the center, which I don't know why it's there.

I also have a round shadow when I click the app icons that wasn't there in 4.1

Last issue are the phantom icons when I open a folder. They still revert to normal like they did in 4.1 but now the second row of icons is showing on top of my folder icons, and it is annoying.

Any help would be great for me and anyone else with similar issues. Thanks!

*Some new things I have found out, the folder phantom icons are coming from the dock trying to act like the reflective dock instead of a normal custom dock, so that's one issue down.
    Last edited by furi0n; 12-01-2010 at 06:04 AM.

Thanks

Well that took care of the reflection but the icons are still too high up.

Also furi0n, the dock now needs to go into com.apple.springboard bundle

I've attached a screen shot, you can see the dock icons too high up, the badge indicator a bit off, and you can barely see the round shadow on the message bubble icon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails some things needed for 4.2.1 theming-img_0068.png  
    Last edited by pyrojing; 12-01-2010 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks

I also know the shadows while selecting an icon were caused by IconDarkeningOverlay.png in 4.1, but that file isn't there in 4.2.1, and I have no clue where it is to fix it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thats the exact same snag i have to now...dock icons are 1 row higher than it should be...

Nice theme by the way.

Thanks

Has anyone figured the dock issue out? It seams like the dock icons want to sit right on top of the dock. I can't figure this one out!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails some things needed for 4.2.1 theming-image.png  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by monkey87 View Post
    Has anyone figured the dock issue out? It seams like the dock icons want to sit right on top of the dock. I can't figure this one out!!
    Try changing the size of the dock image? I know that when I theme and things are looking kind of funky it usually has to do with the size of the image.

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to believe that Apple does this little stuff on purpose just to mess with us and overwhelm Saurik so that he can't update Winterboard

Thanks

Has anyone figured out how to do the dock besides using a transparent one and physically putting it in the background image because that is a pain.

Also my badge still has a line through it and it's not lining up right.

The shadow when pressing the icons are still there too.

Thanks

I got it to work on mine. The dock has to be 640x90 or it will start lifting up your icons which kinda sucks Also,you have to name it [email protected] for iPhone4 if you didn't already know. I just made my icons smaller and they're text smaller so it looks alright. Check out mine, and here's the dock I made too(it's transparent with lines next to the other attachment if you can't see it).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails some things needed for 4.2.1 theming-droids_dead.jpg   some things needed for 4.2.1 theming-sbdockbg-2x.png  

Thanks

Since I couldn't figure these things out I decided to go back to 4.1, 4.2.1 wasn't worth it.