+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some Questions...

is a discussion within the

Skinning / Themes Discussion

forums, a part of the

Design and Media For the iPhone / iPod Touch

section;
First off What do I do to make a theme Both iOS 4 Compatable and iPhone 4 Compatable? I've made a Couple themes before.. including an HTC Theme (Borrowing the
    iPhone? More like MyPhone amassenburg's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Some Questions...
    First off What do I do to make a theme Both iOS 4 Compatable and iPhone 4 Compatable?

I've made a Couple themes before.. including an HTC Theme (Borrowing the Widgets/Codes from other themes since I cant code (Yet))
    But I Have an iPod Touch 1st Gen, So I cant update to iOS 4...
    Hopefully I can get one soon but for now i'm stuck with the current one...

Second, What Makes a Theme good enough to Sell? And how would I Sell/Distribute it?

3rd I've seen themes Where the Clock and Weather Icons are used in place of widgets... How would I do that on my own? If any one can Direct me the the Right place/path Please do... Cause Widgets burn up my Battery...
    Last edited by amassenburg; 11-30-2010 at 04:58 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bryberg's Avatar
    Thanks

The only major difference between a theme designed for a retina display device and one for the older models is resolution of the png files. Retina theme image file are typically twice the the size of an older theme, hence the @2x at the end of most png files in newer themes.

Apple also changes locations of some file with updates, for instance with the update to 4.2.1 they added a ~iphone at the end of the folders images because of the introduction of folders to the ipad. So you have to look out for little changes like those.

As far as selling a theme, You have to have 100% original artwork (you cannot borrow from other themes) Go here for more info:
    Apple, iPhone & iPad News | ModMyi.com - Submitting a Paid Package to Cydia Store

iPhone? More like MyPhone amassenburg's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bryberg View Post
    The only major difference between a theme designed for a retina display device and one for the older models is resolution of the png files. Retina theme image file are typically twice the the size of an older theme, hence the @2x at the end of most png files in newer themes.

Apple also changes locations of some file with updates, for instance with the update to 4.2.1 they added a ~iphone at the end of the folders images because of the introduction of folders to the ipad. So you have to look out for little changes like those.

As far as selling a theme, You have to have 100% original artwork (you cannot borrow from other themes) Go here for more info:
    Apple, iPhone & iPad News | ModMyi.com - Submitting a Paid Package to Cydia Store
    Well I was Planning on Having my Own stuff once I figure out how the Widget alternatives work... I'm Currently Working on like 2 Different theme Ideas to See which one I Like the Most