Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Remove wallpaper drop shadow 4.x

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Remove wallpaper drop shadow 4.x
    Anyone have any idea how to remove the drop shadowy thing at the bottom of native wallpapers in 4.x. I have tried to delete all the shadow image files that I believe are added to the wallpaper, yet it is still added to the image I don't like the shadow so I want rid of it. Please is you know anything relating to this then please let me know.

TIA

Please provide a picture of exactly what you are talking about and I will provide you with clear versions of the images

Green Apple
    Thanks

You can't really because as soon as you choose a wallpaper the system adds a shadow to the bottom of the image, I have tried replacing it with a version without a shadow but as soon as you respring to apply the changes the shadow is applied to the fresh image

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think there is a way coz when I select image both as ls and wallpaper then both have shadow and if I select different ls rather than the wallpaper then ls does not have the shadow

Put Width1xHeight480 transparent pic in yourtheme/Bundles/com.apple.SpringBoardUIFramework. Name it WallpaperGradientPortraitFull.png (add x2 for iphone4)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Would you be able to put a zipped transparent image for me on here both normal and 2x please, I can't get on my mac for a few days

Green Apple
    Thanks

me too wants that TIA

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

chevymusclecar (03-29-2011)

Trying to figure why this won't work for me, some themes it does and mine it won't... is there another file I need to delete or cache or something so it'll show up?